This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Does Your Username Mean?

mythreesuns

VydorScope Proficient

Hmm mine is very borring. :) When I was in 9th grade I had to write a story about an alien that visited the Earth, so I named him by randomly iserting and removing letters from my frist name and came up with "Vydor". Later I wanted to regesiter on an astronomy forum, but my name was to short, so I added "Scope" to the end of it (which is comon slang for a telescope amongst cool ppl :P ).

I think my real name is more intresting cause if you translate it to its meaning, rougly you get "Victorus Conquer (of) Goldfish!" So all you ppl's with Koi pounds watch out ! :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jesscarmel Enthusiast

Jess is my first name and carmel is my hebrew name and middle name, named after a mountain in israel!

ArtGirl Enthusiast

I like to paint and draw (watercolor, pencil, colored pencil and ink). Other artsie names were already taken so I ended up with this one. I kind of like it.

My mum can never remember whether my name starts with a K or a C, so she will use both, even in the same card. So it had to be Kaycee.

I just can't figure out what my mums problem is, she named me, so why or how can she get it wrong?

Cath (I think that's right)

I am mildly dyslexic and have never been a good speller. I named my son Jeffrey (or was that Jeffery) and for the life of me I can't be absolutely certain how I spelled it for his birth certificate. I often called him Jeff-er-ee - so that confused me even more. Yeah, can relate to your mother's spelling problems.

AndreaB Contributor
Jess is my first name and carmel is my hebrew name and middle name, named after a mountain in israel!

And I thought carmel was your last name. :P

beaglemania Rookie

I oculdn't really think of a username, so I just chose beaglemania. Which obviously means I'm crazy about beagle puppies!!

ÆON Newbie
Aeon - I've always loved the ae combination character too. There was someone on a message board that I used to go to named Maendi, which was her real name. I never did figure out how she pronounced it though.

Jules - I LOVE (!!!) the squiggles. I wish I would have thought of that. I may borrow the idea someday.

I've used Nantzie as a username since the dawn of time; since around 1995. It comes from my childhood. A friend of mine and I were being goofy with our names one day. She decided to be Melon-E and said I should be Nan-Z. We decided after saying my name a thousand times (like ya do...) that there was definitely a T in there somewhere and it evolved from there. I like it because I never have a problem finding a username that nobody has taken. B)

I've thought about figuring out a different username. Maybe I'll change it to Naentzie or ~Nancy~ someday. :D

Nancy

Naentzie! Oh I love it. I can just see the vein sticking out in someones forehead as they try to figure that out. :lol:

chewymom Rookie
LOL, I used a sling, cook from scratch (don't bake though), and have six kids .... odds are you homeschool ... right? I did for ten years ...

I have homeschooled a couple of times, but public school is a good fit for us at this point! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Um, my name is Karen and I am Canadian. :D Soooooo original, eh? <_<:P

Sheesh! I sound like a Molson's commercial! B)

Karen

Nantzie Collaborator
Naentzie! Oh I love it. I can just see the vein sticking out in someones forehead as they try to figure that out. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It is kinda fun to watch someone's eyes roll up in their head when I give my email address to someone already. If I throw in the ae, I can only imagine...

Reminds me of that Steve Martin movie with Sarah Jessica Parker. Her name was SaNDeE - "Big S, small a, big N, big D, little e, Big E, and then I put a little heart at the end." Sounds like a username to me...

Nancy

num1habsfan Rising Star
Um, my name is Karen and I am Canadian. :D Soooooo original, eh? <_<:P

Sheesh! I sound like a Molson's commercial! B)

Karen

LMAO I was just thinking that!! :lol: On my MSN Space, I put my username is "I am Canadién" :P (I aint french, but its still funny, I got inspired by all the hilarious molson commercials )

~lisa~

PS: Most of you already know this, but my username is obvious too, I think...I'm completely obsessed with sports, so I call myself the #1 Habs fan (Habs = Montreal Canadiéns for those who dont know)...My hockey collected has grown to almost 300 items! That is also why I must ALWAYS use red font, its the colour of the Habs :P

CarlaB Enthusiast
I have homeschooled a couple of times, but public school is a good fit for us at this point! :)

Yea, us, too. It seems that most large families have homeschooled at one point or another.

TriticusToxicum Explorer

In Latin...

Triticus = Wheat

Toxicum = Poison

'nuf said?

rinne was brave enough to PM me and get me to spill the beans. My first PM! Now you all know. :-)

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Triticus = Wheat

Toxicum = Poison

That's brilliant!!

No mystery in my username!

I'm Nikki and I live in the Uk :rolleyes:

(Although my Mum and Dad always call me by my full name of Nicola <_< )

:)

bluejeangirl Contributor

Can you tell I like jeans. I must have about 30 pair. I won't buy sweats cuz they only look good the first couple times you wear them then they shrink and look sloppy. I have two sisters with the same obsession and we always talk about making a trip to Chicago and spending the whole day trying on jeans and eating.

Gail

Guest melannen

Melannen is my name in Sindarin Elvish (according to Open Original Shared Link). There were a couple translations of Jessica (my real name) to choose from, but I liked Melannen best. Literally translated it means "Beloved One".

snapple Apprentice

when my husband and I were dating, he suddenly called me snapple one day. I looked at him and very stupidly asked "Are you thirsty?" he said no, so I asked him what he meant. He told me he called me snapple because of their slogan "made from the best stuff on earth". I don't care who you are, that will make you melt ( I know I did). Anyway, I used it because I figured there were a ton of Kates out there but no snapples. Plus, it still makes me melt when he calls me that.

Kate

Mango04 Enthusiast

I use the number 4 because my birthday is 4/4. My typical username for things is Mangotiki (that one's just too hard to explain) but I decided to make it a bit less odd for this site.

Kaycee Collaborator
I use the number 4 because my birthday is 4/4. My typical username for things is Mangotiki (that one's just too hard to explain) but I decided to make it a bit less odd for this site.

Mango, I know what a mango is, and I know what a tiki is, but is it the same tiki as in a New Zealand souvenir?

Catherine

mumseyh Rookie

My real name is Nancy, but my daughter calls me mumsey. She loves British literature, and likes they way they refer to mother as "mum". Now that she is away at college, and look forward to her sweet little voice on the phone saying "hi mumsey".

Mango04 Enthusiast
Mango, I know what a mango is, and I know what a tiki is, but is it the same tiki as in a New Zealand souvenir?

Catherine

No but I like that. Maybe I'll use that as my explanation from now on :)

Green12 Enthusiast

Mango, spill it!! :lol::lol:

Now you have me wondering......

I remember your old avatar and Rachel thought it was an avocado :lol:

LMAO I was just thinking that!! :lol: On my MSN Space, I put my username is "I am Canadién" :P (I aint french, but its still funny, I got inspired by all the hilarious molson commercials )

~lisa~

PS: Most of you already know this, but my username is obvious too, I think...I'm completely obsessed with sports, so I call myself the #1 Habs fan (Habs = Montreal Canadiéns for those who dont know)...My hockey collected has grown to almost 300 items! That is also why I must ALWAYS use red font, its the colour of the Habs :P

Lisa, I like your posts, always so RED and colorful :D

How do you get the little accent thingy over the "e"??

Rice Cakes Newbie

"Hmm, Celiac Disease. I'll never be able to eat a lot of things again, let's see... this... and that, never eating that again... can't finish this half Guinness, or the one I hadn't opened yet... ...Well I can still eat these funny-shaped rice cakes I just got. Yeah *munch*crunch* yeah, rice cakes."

Archived