Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian Karen

Omg! I Think I Found It!

Hi there,

i don't know, if phazyme has gluten, but i don't think so, because my doctor prescribed them for me. And he should know actually...

Well, to make sure i wanted to double check at the pharmacy. I asked the pharmacyst from CVS pharmacies, if Gas X or phazyme contains gluten. All she said, was, "well, if it contains gluten, it should be under ingredients". She didn't have a clue.... At least she should know, that they don't have to put it on the ingredients list. What a shame... :blink:

Stef

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting

August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)

gluten-free since 07/21/2004

Shermans Dale, PA

Join eNewsletter

Phazyme (sp?) is okay, I double checked and it is gluten free.

On the list I have, Gax-X Chewable Tablets are not gluten free, but the softgels are gluten free. But when I contacted the company by phone, they could not guarantee the origin of starch in the softgels either, so he would not commit to saying the softgels were gluten free.

In regards to your comment about your dr. should know, I chuckled. I just went through this. My GI dr. prescribed Lomotil to me for the diarrhea, well, had major reactions, and turns out Lomotil contains gluten! Called my GI back, and he said "Oh, sorry....." So much for a GI knowing what meds are gluten-free, eh?

Have a great day!

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Join eNewsletter

Guest Pixi

That's awful!

I'm glad you figured that out -- and best of luck with your gluten-free lifestyle :)

I'm going to check all the things I take into my body more carefully now, too.. not just food.

Join eNewsletter

"Oh, sorry....." So much for a GI knowing what meds are gluten-free, eh?

I never assume docs know the med's theres way to many for them to keep track of, I would trust a good pharmastic more then a doc for that, and always check my self when in doubt.

Gald you fiugred it out, I was worried you were gonna say alitiods! :lol:

- Vincent -

Join eNewsletter

Be careful when it comes to Phazyme--my doctor told me to take it so I e-mailed the co. They told me that the softgels were gluten-free, but the fast acting tablets were not. This e-mail was sent in late Feb. 06.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

Guest Viola

Karen that's great that you found it. I knew that Gas Ex wasn't gluten free. Wish I had of known you were using it. Gaviscon is gluten free and is what my doctor recommends as a lot of other antacids contain a laxitive in order to work. The laxitive ingredient cleans out the stomach therefore getting rid of the discomfort. Of course with us, it just makes things worse even if there is no gluten present. Gaviscon is more of a acid inhibitor.

Join eNewsletter

Just wanted to mention that this thread is 1 1/2 years old! Don't worry, I have been free of chewable Gas-X tablets since that fateful day......

Hugs!

Karen

Karen

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

-- Victor Borge

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Join eNewsletter

Guest Viola
Just wanted to mention that this thread is 1 1/2 years old! Don't worry, I have been free of chewable Gas-X tablets since that fateful day......

Hugs!

Karen

:lol::lol: I didn't even notice the date! :lol: Guess I should pay more attention.

Join eNewsletter

The Gas-X softgels are okay for us. The chewable tablets have gluten in them.....

Hugs!

Karen

Karen

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Orison Swett Marden

-- Victor Borge

Tom Nansbury

Unknown

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter