This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Peanut Butter Cookies

Guhlia

RiceGuy Collaborator
Do you think cashew butter would work and egg replacer as well? Or is that pushing it? Allergic to peanuts and eggs. Can't have almond butter either.

If you can't have peanuts, have you tried Open Original Shared Link? It's supposed to be good, and they have a recipe on the site for the cookies. Hope I never have to find out though - I love peanut butter.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pinkpei77 Contributor

thanks guys!

ive seriosuly noticed that it seems way too hot!

ill definetly start reducing the temp by 25-50 degrees and see what happens!

jenvan Collaborator
I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT! :D:lol::P

(...bowing to the applaudes from the audience) B)

I FINALLY made something that didn't burn, fall apart, explode, or generally taste like poop.

Thanks so much for the recipe! (I was able to make it so quickly...my infant didn't even have time to cry for me to pick him up) ;)

I added chocolate chips and reduced the cooking time by five minutes (15 min. at 325). Hubby just got home and was thrilled at how good the house smelled and that cookies were waiting! B)

I'm officially a gluten-free "chef" (hee hee). -Julie

:lol::lol: Congratulations !!! :D

Deb O (UK) Apprentice

Thanks for the recipe, I made some this afternoon and they were lovely :) It's pouring with rain here and when I fetched my four-yr old from school she was able to walk into the smell of baking and peanut butter cookies to have with her cup of tea :D

imsohungry Collaborator
Ok... YUM!!! I halved the sugar for the recipe and instead crushed up gluten free Oreo-style cookies and added them to the mixture. They are fabulous! The cookie bits really add some depth to the flavor without overpowering it.

*Very good with a cup of iced coffee*

Yay! Cookie success! Congrats to you. :D (crushed oreos...sounds good)

Deb, I'm sure your daughter loved the treat!

also...thanks Jen :lol: Who would have thought I would be so excited over PB cookies :rolleyes:;)

teebs in WV Apprentice

Mike,

You are exactly right. I always use AirBake cookie sheets which take a little longer than the recipe cooking time, but definitely yields a better cookie.

Tracy

beaglemania Rookie

I've made those cookies before. They can be found in a plain ole cookbook too.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

eKatherine Rookie

I always make cookies on baking parchment or silicone sheets and they come out fine.

I recommend getting an oven thermometer rather than just playing with the temperature. You could still lose several batches before getting it right if the temp is as far off as it sounds.

casnco Enthusiast
We use Kraft Peanut Butter at home, and there is usually a recipe on the side of the jar. One of their standard peanut butter cookie recipes has no flour...

From Kraft Canada:

Super Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

1) PREHEAT oven to 325°F.

2) MIX 1 cup Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter, 1/2 cup sugar and an egg with a large spoon in a medium bowl.

3) ROLL mixture into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Flatten with fork or squish with your fingers.

4) BAKE at 325°F for 20 min. Remove pan from the oven. Let cookies cool in pan for 5 min. to 'set', then transfer to a plate with spatula.

Michelle :)

YUMMY!!!! I made these and they were great!!!! I can't believe how easy they were to make. I thought they would come out like crisp disks of peanut butter but they were a wonderful consistancy. I highly recommend these. If anyone has a recipie for christmas cookies I sure would appriciate if you could post them. Thanks. Casnco

teebs in WV Apprentice

Every Christmas before going gluten-free, I always made peanut butter blossoms, which are just a small peanut butter cookie with a Hershey's Kiss pressed in the middle. I have also used the Reeses Miniature Peanut Butter cups instead of the Kisses. This Christmas I will be making these using the gluten-free PB cookie recipe.

Guhlia Rising Star
YUMMY!!!! I made these and they were great!!!! I can't believe how easy they were to make. I thought they would come out like crisp disks of peanut butter but they were a wonderful consistancy. I highly recommend these. If anyone has a recipie for christmas cookies I sure would appriciate if you could post them. Thanks. Casnco

I imagine these cookies would be fabulous with red and green M&M's pushed into the top of them. This would make them look Christmas-y.

Turtle Enthusiast

Okay....I just pulled out the first batch!!!

Leapin Lizards!!! These are AWESOME!!

The 2nd batch I have baking...I added the halloween plain M&M's to them...

Okay...the addition of the M&M's makes them even better!!!

I think I have a new addiction.... :ph34r:

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

Do you mean sugar cookies?I neither eat nor bake Sugar Cookies, but they are a staple at my mother-in-law's house at Christmas. She made them, iced & decorated them (checking all labels, of course) and says you can't tell the difference between these and the usual ones she makes.

Gluten Free Sugar Cookies

⅓ cup margarine

⅓ cup shortening

1 cup rice flour

1 tsp xanthan gum

1 tsp unflavoured gelatin

1 egg

¾ cup sugar

1 tbsp milk

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp vanilla

¼ tsp salt (scant)

½ cup tapioca starch

½ cup potato starch

preheat oven to 375˚F

In a large bowl, beat margarine and shortening together until creamy.

Add rice flour, xanthan gum, gelatin, egg, sugar, milk, baking powder, vanilla and salt. Beat well.

Add tapioca starch and potato starch. Beat until well.

Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for three hours.

Divide the dough in half and chill the unused portion of the dough until needed.

On a lightly rice-floured surface, roll half of the dough at a time, to ⅛” thick. Cut into desired shapes and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. (if the dough becomes sticky, return to the fridge to chill again.)

Bake at 375˚ F for 7-8 minutes (for 2 ½ inch cookies; less for smaller ones, more for larger ones) or until the edges are firm and bottoms are very lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.

These are from Sheri L. Sanderson's cookbook "Incredible Edible Gluten Free Food for Kids"

I hope you can use all those ingredients or find easy substitutes.

casnco Enthusiast

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I will have to try the M&M's in the PB cookies. Great idea! I am also going to try the sugar cookies. Man do I have a lot of flours, looks like I need to purchase some starches now. That is if I want to bake for Christmas.

Thanks again.

kabowman Explorer

Holy cow!!!! I made these with my cashew butter and wow, they were amazing. I had to remind myself to not eat them all up right away - I am usually very good at eating just a few. I used my airbake cookie sheets, perfect. Next time, I am adding my chocolate chips.

I am also going to have to try those sugar cookies!

steveindenver Contributor

I made these last night. They came out small in size but very tasty with a big old glass of moo juice (a.k.a. milk). And the batter was good too - I miss cookie dough batter (Yeah, it's got a raw egg in it but I'm fine with that!). This was good and so easy, I was mad I never made them in my gluten-filled days. I want to expirement more for our upcoming Autumn Party. And using cashew butter...that sounds decadent.

Turtle Enthusiast

So....steveindenver....what are those yummy looking things you've created??? It looks like cupcakes???

steveindenver Contributor
So....steveindenver....what are those yummy looking things you've created??? It looks like cupcakes???

yes, they are cupcakes. Unfortunately, they are gluten-filled ones. My partner (bless his heart) made 300 cupcakes for our wedding last year as the ones we were pricing from bakeries were way overpriced. Fortunately, I was able to eat them last year before I was diagnosed with Celiac. But even better, we still have TONS of icing in the freezer which is gluten-free and would taste good on mud!

Green12 Enthusiast

I have a question for any of the bakers...

Can any of these 3 ingredient PB ccookie recipes be converted using honey as the sweetener rather than sugar??

I would probably use another nut butter (almond, etc.) as well.

If I just used nut butter, egg, and honey will it work?? Or do I need to make some kind of adjustment with the liquid/dry ratio

kabowman Explorer

I found this:

Honey: Substituting honey for sugar seems to be a matter of taste. Some people use it cup for cup, others prefer 1/2 cup - 2/3 cup of honey per cup of white sugar. Reduce the amount of other liquids by 1/4 cup for every cup of honey used. Lower the oven temp about 25 degrees F to prevent over-browning and add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda for each cup of honey to your batter.n (Honey is naturally acidic and the baking soda tempers it.)

Here: Open Original Shared Link

zip2play Apprentice

I cannot tell you how many people have BEGGED me for the Peanut Butter cookie recipe I use.

1 cup PB

1 cup Brown Sugar

1 egg

1 Tsp Baking soda

1 cup chips

Bake at 350 for 9 minutes.

For the chocolate chips I have used the White chocolate/milk chocolate swirled ones, M&M mini's, mini milk chocolate ones, anything else you can thing of. Everyone, I mean, Everyone that has these LOVES these. Instead of CAKE for my birthday, my MOM made me these! I love them! OH SO GOOD! Dang good and oh so easy!

Monica

skinnyminny Enthusiast
I cannot tell you how many people have BEGGED me for the Peanut Butter cookie recipe I use.

1 cup PB

1 cup Brown Sugar

1 egg

1 Tsp Baking soda

1 cup chips

For the chocolate chips I have used the White chocolate/milk chocolate swirled ones, M&M mini's, mini milk chocolate ones, anything else you can thing of. Everyone, I mean, Everyone that has these LOVES these. Instead of CAKE for my birthday, my MOM made me these! I love them! OH SO GOOD! Dang good and oh so easy!

Monica

I came in from playin tennis last night and my mom had made these cookies and wow!! they were fabulous!! adding the soda really makes them look like normal cookies I have made the 3 ingrident ones before but these were to die for!! I have eaten like half of them by myself... there are healthy kind of good protein, and energy!

jenvan Collaborator
yes, they are cupcakes. Unfortunately, they are gluten-filled ones. My partner (bless his heart) made 300 cupcakes for our wedding last year as the ones we were pricing from bakeries were way overpriced. Fortunately, I was able to eat them last year before I was diagnosed with Celiac. But even better, we still have TONS of icing in the freezer which is gluten-free and would taste good on mud!

Those cupcake towers (or whatever the technical term is!) are very cool. I also got to eat my own wedding cake. Not that I wouldn't have loved to have been diagnosed years ago...but I'm also glad I was able to enjoy the spice cake we had :)

zip2play Apprentice
I have eaten like half of them by myself... there are healthy kind of good protein, and energy!

If my children request these for breakfast, I will sometimes allow it. I mean the protein and such, heck they are better than donuts or cereal! Everyone loves these. I just mix up what I mix in with them. Like now, the halloween M&M's would be cool. I have yet to find someone who doesn't like these! :P

Monica

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

1 cup PB

1 cup Brown Sugar

1 egg

1 Tsp Baking soda

1 cup chips

Monica

I made these yesterday and have decided 9 minutes is too long. They are a bit "crisp". We ate most of them though. B)

Archived