Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guhlia

Peanut Butter Cookies

I found this:

Honey: Substituting honey for sugar seems to be a matter of taste. Some people use it cup for cup, others prefer 1/2 cup - 2/3 cup of honey per cup of white sugar. Reduce the amount of other liquids by 1/4 cup for every cup of honey used. Lower the oven temp about 25 degrees F to prevent over-browning and add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda for each cup of honey to your batter.n (Honey is naturally acidic and the baking soda tempers it.)

Here: http://www.realfoodliving.com/sugars.htm

Thanks kabowoman for this info, I will have to experiment a little with using honey in the PB cookie recipe :)

I made the five ingredient PB cookies today. Oh my gosh, Yummy! :D My hubby ate three, my neighbor (who doesn't even like PB) ate two, and...well...I ate the rest. :blink: Luckily, I'm out of PB now...can't make more tomorrow. I've got to stop this or my hips will be wearing PB cookies! :rolleyes:

-Julie B)

I made the five ingredient PB cookies today. Oh my gosh, Yummy! :D My hubby ate three, my neighbor (who doesn't even like PB) ate two, and...well...I ate the rest. :blink: Luckily, I'm out of PB now...can't make more tomorrow. I've got to stop this or my hips will be wearing PB cookies! :rolleyes:

-Julie B)

I am so glad to see someone else has eaten tese cookies like me omgoodness I love love peanutbutter and have eaten so many of these dadgum things I mean they are so so good!! I am in your same boat!

Once my son out grows his egg allergy (Im gonna belive he will till it happends, I die, or Jesus returns, which ever comes first :lol: ) I plan to try some of these varitions, esply the one with brown sugar!! Sounds yummy!! (we used ot make the egg/pb/sugar ones all the time...)

Once my son out grows his egg allergy (Im gonna belive he will till it happends, I die, or Jesus returns, which ever comes first :lol: )

God Vincent you crack me up.

cooked tonight and it was sooooo bad...tried to make a great dinner for hubby with his garden basil and did pesto, on grilled chicken / pasta..thought it sounded so good. It was awful probably b/c non of the processers worked....but being said, am going to try MY BAKING AGAIN. Everytime I bake with a package mix is get so sick. Again this week the 'd' is back so going to do these cookies.

3 ingre...i did it before and they were good --sprinkled some corse sugar over the top when hot and they were good..but not as good as the gfnaturals brownies..boy they were so good going down but...well...will let you figure out the rest of it.

thanks for the laugh.

Judy

made these yesterday and have decided 9 minutes is too long. They are a bit "crisp". We ate most of them though.

Does you oven run a tad hot? I find with my oven (brand new using convection style) it actually takes 11 minutes. I don't like them crisp either. I like mine more soft and chewy. You may want to cut back on the brown sugar. When I make them, I don't pack the brown sugar at all. Makes them a little softer!

Monica

I cannot tell you how many people have BEGGED me for the Peanut Butter cookie recipe I use.

1 cup PB

1 cup Brown Sugar

1 egg

1 Tsp Baking soda

1 cup chips

Bake at 350 for 9 minutes.

For the chocolate chips I have used the White chocolate/milk chocolate swirled ones, M&M mini's, mini milk chocolate ones, anything else you can thing of. Everyone, I mean, Everyone that has these LOVES these. Instead of CAKE for my birthday, my MOM made me these! I love them! OH SO GOOD! Dang good and oh so easy!

Monica

I made these and had some issues with the amount of oil in them so I made a second batch with ~1/2 C PB, ~1/2 C B Sugar, 1 egg, 1 tsp soda, no choc chips. I added ~2 T flax seed meal, ~4 T soy flour, enough rice flour to make them firm.

This worked for me and I can eat more than 1/2 a cookie! (Not that I need to)

I have a question for any of the bakers...

Can any of these 3 ingredient PB ccookie recipes be converted using honey as the sweetener rather than sugar??

I would probably use another nut butter (almond, etc.) as well.

If I just used nut butter, egg, and honey will it work?? Or do I need to make some kind of adjustment with the liquid/dry ratio

If you want/need to avoid sugar (I can't touch it) have you tried Stevia? But for these PB cookies, sugar is a main ingredient, supplying a fair amount of bulk and consistency. Neither honey or Stevia would work unless something more is done to retain consistency. As of this moment I'm not sure what would work. Google turns up some recipes, though I've yet to try any.

• Forum Discussions

To the OP, once in a while this stuff happens.  Please feel free to start a new topic if that would make it easier.  I am afraid this is just part of forums on the internet. I hope this didn’t chase you off.  
    @anasss Nobody in this thread has called anyone "ignorant," so please don't say that if it did not happen. Also, the use of all capitals is, in forums and other places on the Internet, generally considered yelling and impolite, and there ...
    Bshake, Look up the "baking soda test" ...it is a nice home test to see if your daughter could have low stomach that is triggering the ulcers or creating the perfect conditions for ulcers to develop....mastic gum as has been mentioned...