Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One of my favorite childhood casseroles calls for cream of mushroom soup. Is campbell's cream of mushroom gluten-free? I remember reading the the Progresso brand used to be, but I don't recall seeing any cream of Progresso soups at my grocery store.

Either way, are any of Campbell's Cream Of soups gluten-free? I think another common one found in recipes is cream of celery, and I'd be willing to substitute.

While we're on the topic, what are some of your staple casserole recipes? I'm all about easy-to-reheat things. And I'm in dire need of expanding my gluten-free diet.

Thanks!

-Courtney

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've not found a Campbells soup yet that is gluten-free. The Progresso Cream of Mushroom is gluten-free. If you go to the organic/health food types of soup... those are often gluten-free. Ya just gotta read the labels.

luvs2eat

Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas

positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy

diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day

Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

I've gotten pretty good at label reading and all...it's just the "natural flavors, modified food starch, and spices" that really make me nervous.

I'd way rather zero in on a brand and stick with it, ya' know?

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

health valley makes a gluten free cream of mushroom and cream of chicken---we buy it at fred meyer.

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene

Hey Courtney:

I've only been able to find the Progresso Mushroom and the Progresso Wild Rice soups. I think I found them the last time at Publix and I cleaned out the shelf b/c they have been so hard to find. I guess if I'd get off my lazy shell I could "ask" the grocery stores to order it...

I've looked for the Health Valley brand of soups but haven't seen those either. Someone told me today that our Earthfare will order for us so maybe we should get together and comprise an "I want" list :P & then head to Earthfare to smile pretty :D and see where it gets us.

~Turtle~