Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mamato2boys

Gi Doctor Anti-enterolab

So where are you at in terms of the diet? Getting close to phasing out the foods in the pantry yet? Let me know when you have and I'll e-mail you a list of alternative products you might enjoy. Half the battle is finding the alternatives that you like. After that....it gets much easier. ;)

We're getting close. In the next day or so he'll finish up the last of his Rice Dream, so I'll start him on the gluten-free Wild Oats rice milk and need to re-stock snacks and lunch ideas for Ryan. I found some hot dogs at Walmart that are organic and appear to be gluten-free by Applewood Farms. I also pack him gluten-free/DF Ian's chicken nuggets, safe whole foods...but the menu is still pretty "naked" for lack of a better word. I could definitely use more ideas. Ryan's birthday is coming up on the 13th, and I'm starting to put together a gluten-free menu for the day. DH wants to do barbecue brisket, I've found a gluten-free cake recipe (it's not dairy-free though, if you have a good yellow cake recipe that's GD and dairy free, I'd love it).

I was thinking this morning too that our generation didn't have food allergies like this generation does. Our generation didn't have near the amount of immunizations, or the combinations. Makes me wonder if there's a correlation there. B)

I was thinking this morning too that our generation didn't have food allergies like this generation does. Our generation didn't have near the amount of immunizations, or the combinations. Makes me wonder if there's a correlation there. B)

Personally, I think the immunizations have a lot to do with it, but also the stress. We're all, children included, under much more stress than we were a generation ago. Plus, our food is much less pure, much more junk food, and even the good stuff has a lower nutritional value than it used to. I think it all adds up to health problems. If we hadn't had all the stress on our systems to develop our leaky guts, I'd bet our gluten intolerance would have never been triggered!

I think it has a lot to do with immunizations. We didn't have this many when we were kids. I believe that my son's 2 month shots springboarded his reaction to gluten and soy. He probably still would have reacted down the line, since my other two and myself have celiac/gluten intolerance.

(btw.. you can read all about this in this thread... http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?s...c=22701&hl= ) After that.. we fully took him off of gluten, I know it saved his life!!!

Kristie

Oh Kristie.....what an absolutely HORRIFFIC story !!! :o I am so sorry you and your son had to go through that ! I'm really glad he's much better now - good for you for sticking to your guns !

My son has had soft stools his whole life. I don't know if they would be considered diarrhea, but they aren't solid. I asked his doctor about it and she said it is probably normal for him. She didn't want to do the Celiac blood test, but she did because I kept asking her about it. The blood test came back normal, but I decided to try Enterolab because I still think there is a problem (and my blood test came back normal even though I know I am sensitive to gluten). He has dropped off the charts for weight several times and that worries me.

I read in someone's post that their child cries everytime they have to have their diaper changed. My son does the same thing. He always says that it hurts. Before I went gluten free it hurt sometimes I went to the bathroom too. Like I ate too much spicey food. I am hoping to get his tests back this week. I also tested my DD because she has complained of stomach aches and has had diarrhea for no reason (that I can tell). We will see what happens.

My son has had soft stools his whole life. I don't know if they would be considered diarrhea, but they aren't solid. I asked his doctor about it and she said it is probably normal for him. She didn't want to do the Celiac blood test, but she did because I kept asking her about it. The blood test came back normal, but I decided to try Enterolab because I still think there is a problem (and my blood test came back normal even though I know I am sensitive to gluten). He has dropped off the charts for weight several times and that worries me.

I read in someone's post that their child cries everytime they have to have their diaper changed. My son does the same thing. He always says that it hurts. Before I went gluten free it hurt sometimes I went to the bathroom too. Like I ate too much spicey food. I am hoping to get his tests back this week. I also tested my DD because she has complained of stomach aches and has had diarrhea for no reason (that I can tell). We will see what happens.

You may have seen my post that went over Ryan's whole history - Ryan used to cry whenever he knew it was time to change his diaper because it always hurt him so badly (that's when he was drinking soy milk and had the diaper rash from he** because of it). I'm so sorry your son goes through that too. Let me know what your test results are !