Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was just poking around google trying to figure out what did me in last nite (I think it was the Sambuca) and I found that Bailey's actually has information on their website!

Q 4. I am allergic to Gluten/Egg/Lactose/Nuts. Does Baileys contain Gluten/Egg/Lactose/Nuts

A. Gluten:

Please be advised that the whiskey used in Baileys is manufactured by fermenting grain, which contains gluten. Due to the presence of gluten in the whiskey components before distillation we cannot absolutely guarantee that there are no effects to coeliacs. As we are not qualified to give medical advice persons requiring a gluten-free diet must consult their medical adviser before consuming Baileys.

Egg/Egg Products:

None of the ingredients used in Baileys use egg or egg products in their manufacture. On the basis of this and to the best of our knowledge there are no traces of egg in Baileys. As we are not qualified to give medical advice persons requiring an egg free diet must consult their medical adviser before consuming Baileys.

Lactose:

Baileys contains about 50% cream and trace amounts (<0.5%) of Lactose, which is a constituent of milk. If the allergy is specifically to Lactose and not due to any other milk constituent then it may be possible for the consumer to consume Baileys. Please note that we are not qualified to give medical advice therefore you should consult with your medical adviser before consuming Baileys.

Nuts:

The emulsifier in Baileys contains refined vegetable oil. This constitutes 0.35% of the weight of the final product. This vegetable oil may be of nut or nut origin whose ingredients are mixtures of glycerol mono or diesters with minor triesters.

JUst thought I'd share!

Courtney

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You could make your own:

Ingredients:

1 can (14 oz size) sweetened condensed milk

1 cup of rye, scotch or dark rum

1 pint whipping cream (or half & half)

3 eggs

1 teaspoon coconut extract

1 tablespoon Nestle Quick (liquid or dry)

Directions:

Blend all ingredients. Refrigerate. (As I recall, this doesn't keep for very long)

This recipe for Bailey's Cream serves/makes 40 oz

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.