Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rkmonckton11

I Just Made Waffles Ohhh So Good!

I just made yummy waffles with pamelas pancake and baking mix they were so good. i used milk instead of water to get a richer flavor and they turned out yummy!. My next project is soft pretzels and bread. does anyone know some yummy recipes? ive been in the dumps about baking because all of the food ive bought thats gluten free is not so great. So now that im feeling better stomach wise im ready to to put my mind on baking gluten free . so im going to be working on it. so if anyone has some recipes that will make my day please oh please send them my way!! i would appreciate them so much. Thank you !

Kristen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just made yummy waffles with pamelas pancake and baking mix they were so good. i used milk instead of water to get a richer flavor and they turned out yummy!. My next project is soft pretzels and bread. does anyone know some yummy recipes? ive been in the dumps about baking because all of the food ive bought thats gluten free is not so great. So now that im feeling better stomach wise im ready to to put my mind on baking gluten free . so im going to be working on it. so if anyone has some recipes that will make my day please oh please send them my way!! i would appreciate them so much. Thank you !

Kristen

My family (all gluten free) LOVE gluten-free buckwheat waffles. I just take 2 cups of 100% Buckwheat flour (its gluten free), 2 cups of Bob's Red Mill gluten-free Pancake Mix, 4 tsp baking powder, 4 eggs, 4 TBS oil, 4 cups gluten-free rice milk (could use water), 2 tsp apple cider vinegar and a squirt or two of honey. They are DELICIOUS! Actually, we just got a large family waffle iron that makes 4 squares at a time. Every Sunday night we make bunches of home made waffles. Then I have leftovers for my family during the week.

For just Buckwheat waffles (or pancakes) you use 2 cups Buckwheat flour, 4 tsp of Baking Powder, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 2 cups + 1TB water (or milk), 2 TB Vegetable oil. They are thicker and you have to keep adding water (or milk). OR you can use just Bob's Red Mill gluten-free Pancake Mix. We like the buckwheat added so that's why we mix the two.

You can enjoy gluten-free, as much as you do regular wheat!!! :D

Kristen, sorry this is off topic, but is that your cockatoo? I have a Goffin Cockatoo, that I just love to death! Such sweet, cuddly birds! Mine's doing flips right now trying to get my attention!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

rkmonckton11 -

Check out the desserts section of www.eatingglutenfree.com. The recipes for sugar cookies and soft batch cookies are WONDERFUL. There are lots of good cake recipes there, too.

CarlaB. No that not my cockatoo! but i love cockatoos i have a passion for birds expecially cockatoos. rosebreasted ones!! thank you pilgrim south im going to try that recipe!. i have a question though. should i buy a seperate toaster to toast my waffels. i have't even touched the toaster since i got celiac disease kind of afriad. should i be keeping things seperate? buy a diffrent toaster? diffrent butter plate that kind of stuff? any one got any tips!

Yes, you should definitely have a seperate gluten free toaster (or use toaster bags) and butter plate. Make sure they are clearly labeled to avoid any mistakes. Other things to think about are PB or jelly jars, really anything that comes in a jar. Make sure your family knows to NOT touch the tips of condiment squeezers to their glutenous food. Also, shared bags of snacks, like Cheetohs, need to be carefully watched.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004