Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eleep

Pms Can Cause Bad D. Too -- Right?

So,

I've been super-careful cooking all my own food and there's no risk of cc -- I've been rotating foods around as well. However, I've had a bit of a bad bout on the toilet the last couple of days -- as well as an unusually heavy set of pms symptoms (a week early too -- even though I'm on the pill).

This could all just be about the period -- right?

I hope this isn't TMI for this board -- I'm just a little frustrated about this today because I've been doing quite well!

e.

Erica

Inconclusive blood test results

Positive Enterolab results

Positive dietary results

gluten-free since 2/10/06

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, no, I don't believe D can be caused by pms or having your period. Bad pms can be caused by the same problems that can cause D, though.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoops -- I should have said a particularly bad, crampy period -- not PMS -- I was typing fast. I've actually just had a moment to look this stuff up and I think that's what's going on!

Erica

Positive dietary results

Stress can cause d, too, at least it seems that way for me. How are things going in that regard? Could that be the "real" problem?

Are you getting enough B6 and magnesium? That helps with cramps and other period difficulties. You should take it all the time, not just when having your period. Not just B6 on its own, it's safer to take the B vitamins in a complex, then if you want more of one, take more of that one when you take the complex.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Oh hey! Look what I found:

http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C347488.html

Dysmenorrhea: [snippet]

Dysmenorrhea is the medical term for painful periods or menstrual cramps. The majority of women are thought to experience some degree of dysmenorrhea.

Dysmenorrhea is either primary or secondary. In cases of primary dysmenorrhea, no disease or other medical cause can be found for the pain and other symptoms, which may include backache, diarrhea, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting, and a feeling of tenseness. Primary dysmenorrhea frequently affects women in their teens and early 20s, who have never had a baby.

Ugh... I'm 48, but I haven't ever had a baby.

Oh hey! Look what I found:

http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C347488.html

Dysmenorrhea: [snippet]

Ugh... I'm 48, but I haven't ever had a baby.

I'm 43 and I've had five babies ... but I don't get that anymore since going gluten-free! BM's during my period used to sometimes make me cry I cramped so badly. I don't rememeber if it was d though.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I would routinely get D for the first day or two of my period. These were also the days where I would have cramps and heavy bleeding. This is not unusual and connected to hormone levels.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Yeah, I think that's what's going on -- it's weird, though, because it's a week early and I'm on a low-dose pill (which I've been taking faithfully) and I'm usually right on schedule.

But there's all sorts of weird stuff going on with my body right now. I'm actually doing quite well physically, although still healing -- have gained weight to the extent that I've gone from Olive Oil to Jessica Rabbit in about two months, the acupunture is helping tremendously with the anxiety and exhaustion -- I'm focused, doing well, etc... I'm back to working out 4-5 days a week and that's really good.

I'm not at 100% however and a lot of it has to do with the fact that there's just a lot of stress going on in my life that I don't have control over because I'm supposed to be focused on making my body stronger -- but it's hard not to be able to meet all the other challenges I need to meet right now! I'm healthy enough for the Type A side of my personality to be coming out, getting frustrated and stomping its feet with impatience!

Haven't been on the board much because I'm genuinely sucked up into the rest of my life -- which is good, but I do miss everyone!

eleep

Erica

Positive dietary results