Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kibbie

Good Recipe For Crepes

I made these at Whole Foods the other day... a gluten-free cooking class they were VERY good :) I thought I'd share!

Gluten Free Orange Crepes w/ Sauteed Fall Fruit

(makes about 1 dozen)

For the Crepes:

1/2 cup rice flour

1 Tablespoon sugar

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 zest of an orange

2 eggs

1/2 teaspoon vamila

2/3 cup milk

For the Fruit:

4 tablespoons butter

1 apple chopped

1 pear chopped

2 tablespoons dried cranberries

2 tablespoons toasted walnuts chopped(optional)

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1 tablespoon Grand Marnier

For the Whipped Cream:

1 cup heave creme

2-3 T sugar

1 tsp vanilla

Method for crepes:

Combine the rice flour, sugar, orange zest, and salt in a bowl and mix with a shisk. Combine the milk, eggs, and vanilla in a separate bowl and wisk to lightly beat the eggs. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture and mix until smooth. Let sit for 20 minutes before making the crepes.

Method for Fruit:

Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saute pan. Add the apples and pears. Cook until the furt begins to lightly caramelize. Add the cranberries, walnuts and brown sugar. Continue to cook until the sugar has melted. Add the Grand Marnier and then swirl in remaiing 2 tablespoons of butter.

Method for whipped cream:

Place 1 cup of cold heave cream in a bowl, Mix at medium speed. Once you ahve reached soft peaks, add the sugar and vanilla. Continue to mix until you have reached stiff peaks. Do not over beat!

These were awesome when I tried it.... I made these for my family right away they were so tasty. When my husband tried to make them for me... he forgot to wait the 20 minutes before cooking that the crepes had a gritty texture to them so make sure you wait :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

WOW! these sound yummy! :)

~Kristy~

Zachary (5 y/o son) -negative labs, no biopsy, gluten-free diet 3/06 with amazing results

*Enterolab testing: auto-immune response, main-Celiac gene/HLA-DQ 2, non-Celiac gluten sensitivity gene/HLA-DQ 3

"Congratulations!

Today is your day.

You're off to Great Places!

You're off and away!"

--Oh The Places You'll Go

by Dr. Seuss