Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

taz sharratt

Indegestion

anyone know of something for indegestion, im in awfull pain at the mo, everything i seem to eat leaves me in pain. has to be lactose free and possibly soya.

married with 3 boys, maclain, dylan and finlay. symptoms for more than 10 years but only diagnosed may 06. lactose and casien intolerant may 06.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You may want to try Digestive Enzymes...they have helped me a lot over the years.

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

You may want to try Digestive Enzymes...they have helped me a lot over the years.

thanx kaiti, would i have to go to the doctors or could i get it over the counter. are there brands that i should look for. sorry gone on a bit.

married with 3 boys, maclain, dylan and finlay. symptoms for more than 10 years but only diagnosed may 06. lactose and casien intolerant may 06.

I wrote this in another thread, but I dont know where that was.. sooo.. I have major problems with indigestion. My dad and brother have always had major problems (I suspect that my dads side of the family is where my Celiacs comes from) But anyway... my indigestion has gotten considerably worse since gluten free. I usually would only get the indigestion from raw onions and really really spicy foods.. now everything gives it to me.

My dad introduced me to Zegrid. Its newer. You can only get it by prescription. Its a large pill to take. My dad actually had to get it in the powder form b/c he couldnt take the pill. The powder tastes awful. But it works.

I dont know anything about digestive enzymes. I hear that they work though. If they are available otc, I might try those first. I am sure someone on here has more info on those.

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

I wrote this in another thread, but I dont know where that was.. sooo.. I have major problems with indigestion. My dad and brother have always had major problems (I suspect that my dads side of the family is where my Celiacs comes from) But anyway... my indigestion has gotten considerably worse since gluten free. I usually would only get the indigestion from raw onions and really really spicy foods.. now everything gives it to me.

My dad introduced me to Zegrid. Its newer. You can only get it by prescription. Its a large pill to take. My dad actually had to get it in the powder form b/c he couldnt take the pill. The powder tastes awful. But it works.

I dont know anything about digestive enzymes. I hear that they work though. If they are available otc, I might try those first. I am sure someone on here has more info on those.

Dear Taz Sharret and TinkerbellSwt,

I have had such bad reflux that I had to sleep practically sitting straight up. This was with taking Prilosec OTC twice daily and watching my diet! The thing is, I could suck the juice out of a jalepeno, and not get bothered, but if I ate tuna and crackers or cereal, I would be so sick! After going gluten-free that has helped, but I still take the Prilosec. Guess what? You could get the same effects from Prilosec OTC that you get from Zegrid! You know why? They are both Omeprazole! That is right, the same thing!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl B)

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

are you having heartburn?? if so try a little baking soda mixed with water. DGL is a great homeopathic. I also sleep on a 6 inch wedge to keep the acid down[big help] and take Reglan 30 mins before each meal, its made a big difference for me, helps the food digest [i have slow gastric emptying] along with helping control acid

~Betty

I know that Prilosec and Zegrid are the same thing.. for some unknown reason?? I find that Zegrid works better! Maybe its just mind over matter!!! ;)

I also get so bad that I have to sleep sitting up. And drinking glass after glass of milk. Eventually it goes away.

(and for us RX's are cheaper than OTC) sometimes I really like insurances!!

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville