Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yenni

Gluten Free Savonnerie

http://gfsoap.com/

I think I wanna try these products. Has anyone tried them? If so did you like them?

One Celiac gene and one gluten intolerance gene (HLA-DQ 2,1).

Grain free, casein free, soy/legume free + a bunch of allergies I have had since I was a child (stone fruits, nuts..carrots)

Following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, but no nuts, legumes or casein.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've tried their shampoo, conditioner, soap, cocoa butter, and handsoap. I was happy with everything. There's something reassuring about using stuff that's in a dedicated gluten-free place. The only thing is that the shampoo doesn't lather much since it doesn't have any of the additives. But, it's all good stuff!

*Julie*

Gluten free since December 2004

Soy free since June 2005

Dairy free since July 2006

I've tried their shampoo, conditioner, soap, cocoa butter, and handsoap. I was happy with everything. There's something reassuring about using stuff that's in a dedicated gluten-free place. The only thing is that the shampoo doesn't lather much since it doesn't have any of the additives. But, it's all good stuff!

Yeah, I agree that is feels reassuring. I feel that way with food products too. Very much so.

The cleanser in the shampoo is a milder one and doesn't lather much because of that. I have heard lather doesn't mean cleaner though. (I am in to hair products ;) )

I am definitely gonna try some of their products.

I have problems with a sensitive skin too so that will be even better.

Thanks for the reply! :D

Grain free, casein free, soy/legume free + a bunch of allergies I have had since I was a child (stone fruits, nuts..carrots)

Yeah, I agree that is feels reassuring. I feel that way with food products too. Very much so.

The cleanser in the shampoo is a milder one and doesn't lather much because of that. I have heard lather doesn't mean cleaner though. (I am in to hair products ;) )

I am definitely gonna try some of their products.

I have problems with a sensitive skin too so that will be even better.

Thanks for the reply! :D

I use their body lotion and both hand and bar soap. I like the products and I think its really funny that my soap says gluten free on it.

miamia

I use their body lotion and both hand and bar soap. I like the products and I think its really funny that my soap says gluten free on it.

miamia

So how long have you use it for if I may ask? Just to know if they work in the long run. Some beauty products are great at first and then die on you kinda. Just curious.

Yes, it is kinda funny with the gluten free on the soap bars. I was thinking of that.

It says the shipping is 3.99. Is that a flat rate or does it go up with the amount you buy?

Looks like they have a good business going on there from the service and stuff...

I signed up for their newsletter. I guess this month one gets a free bar soap wit the order. ;)

I can't wait to get the stuff. Have to wait for the pay check though.

I ordered the sampler pack a week or so ago and it was a flat rate of $3.99. I ordered it on Monday and got it on Thursday...I thought that was pretty quick! Most of their stuff seems pretty good so far. The shampoo is hard to get used to since, like they said above, it does not really foam.

The shea butter is AWESOME!!!

Positive blood test results

gluten-free since September 2001

Denver, Colorado

I ended up getting the shampoo, conditioner, premium bar soap and the lotion and I love the stuff!!

I actually just ordered the shaving creme and a hand soap too. :D