Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

taz sharratt

Uk Prescriptions

i have only just found out that i can get a pre - payment prescription , its like £16 or something. man im mad that i didnt know, ive spent a fortune buying food from tesco that i can get on repeat presciption for next to nothing. how do i go about gettint it and do you have to have certain requirments to able to have it?

Hi Taz (me again!)

Anyone can get a pre paid certificate although it costs a bit more than £16

Found this which seems to explain how it all works

http://www.ppa.org.uk/ppa/ppc_faq.htm

With regarding to getting prescriptions for G.F food off your G.P,generally speaking they will not prescribe until they've had a letter from your Gastro doc confirming you have celiac disease.This usually means diagnosis by biopsy.

If however you didn't have the biopsy (sorry,can't remember!) but your Gastro is happy to say you have celiac disease on blood results alone-then your G.P might do food prescriptions.It really is up to your G.P's discretion.

Hope this helps :)

Go see your Doctor and discuss with them. If you have been diagnosed then you are entitled to the prescriptions. The prepayment certificate is definitely worth it.

I regularly get bread, crackers, and pasta on prescription. You can also get flour and some biscuits. Your doctor should have a list of prescribable items.

If I had to buy the same amounts in the shops it would cost way more than the prepayment card.

If you have any problems then try contacting coeliac.co.uk