This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Darn210 Enthusiast
Morning all!!!!!..............Woke up @ 5am to the sound of a frantic feline trying to escape DC's bedroom,....alas, by the time I opened his bedroom door a malodorous, fetid, poo crime had occured!! :gag-eyewateringface:

<temporarily lost me psillie...DC antics have took the wind outta me sails AGAIN <_<:angry: >

Hmmmmmm . . . DC's room you say??? . . . and DC's actin' up?? . . . I say just close the door and walk away . . . :evilgrinthat'llteachyouface:

DEE-LISH!!! :P

Yep I've still got the recipe, easy too!!!...not sure :unsure: ..shall I email it to Suze or (if anybody else fancies trying it) shall I post it on 'recipes'??? :unsure:

I'd like to take a gander at it!!!

Well I'm up and avoidng packing. HUGE piles of (clean) laundry all stacked around the family room. Skeeter was up early 'cause she is so excited . . . I used to do that, too. Well, this shall be a big test for us. We have not vacationed for this amount of time without access to a kitchen. We shall be eating out most of the time. Seemed like a good idea when I made the reservations . . . now I'm not so sure. I am packing a few staples but how many meals can she eat peanut butter???

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn210 Enthusiast

Oh . . . and a big Howdy to Ptaumn . . . :P

And to Suze . . . we've had the Cook's ham a couple of times and it was great.

And to Jess . . . ummm :unsure: . . . It was only two crutch tips and the yelling had NOTHING to do with the HOFF!!!

flourgirl Apprentice
Hi LEESAR!!!!! :D

Our Bevel needs to 'frisk the wookie' or summat ;)

I don't know why, but I find this phrase to be hilarious!!!! Thanks for the giggle/guffaw

flourgirl Apprentice
I hope at my funeral everyone laughs so hard they all pee their pants.

Here! Here! Actually, I don't want a funeral at all. I told my son years ago, if he has to hold a memorial service or something, to make it a big, happy party. Spend the burial money to have a good time. I want to be cremated.....in a cheap cardboard box...and bury my ass(h) in a big flower garden! :P

elye Community Regular

Hey, Gang!

A mild phlurry of posts last eve! The earth is righting itself on its axis. .. ... :)

Soooooze! Just do some of my Canadian tarts.....ya know, cream cheese smashed up with about five eggs and some brown sugar/maple syrup/condensed milk/berry preserves....scoop into muffin tins, twelve minutes at 350. ......

Can top them wif sumfin fancy like chocolate shavings, sliced berries or almonds. Looks and tastes so very high-class AND decadent. . . . .... :)B)

Hmmmmmm . . . DC's room you say??? . . . and DC's actin' up?? . . . I say just close the door and walk away . . . :evilgrinthat'llteachyouface:

Close the door, lock it from the outside, and walk away. . . . . ....

:lol:

. . . now I'm not so sure. I am packing a few staples but how many meals can she eat peanut butter???

OMG.....could do this three meals a day, seven days a week. .. . . ...gawd help me.

:rolleyes:

flourgirl Apprentice

OK, I'm caught up now :) So good to see you PTawwwmmmnn! Wish things could be better for you. Pah-tay is right....when one door closes, keep your eyes open for those other doors that may be open for you....most often they are better than the place you left behind! Look for the best and then hold onto that hope to find it!

Amanda, glad to hear things are looking up! So hard to believe how long doctors will keep some one waiting, especially when pain is involved. Then again....it is not THEIR personal pain, so it's all good (right?) Hope John gets through quickly and easily.

Hi Psuess, Em, Pah-tay, Gjiannit, Juuuude, Jgjgjgessssss, Leeeez-ah!, Pieter, everybody else that is stuck inside the brain somewhere (I make a LOUZY RomperRoom Lady). Hope yer all doing jest fine! :)

Jestgar Rising Star
Soooooze! Just do some of my Canadian tarts.....ya know, cream cheese smashed up with about five eggs and some brown sugar/maple syrup/condensed milk/berry preserves....scoop into muffin tins, twelve minutes at 350. ......

Can top them wif sumfin fancy like chocolate shavings, sliced berries or almonds. Looks and tastes so very high-class AND decadent. . . . .... :)B)

Canadian tarts

Flourless chocolate walnut torte

Mango ice cream drizzled with limoncello

meringue cookies with strawberries and cream (like strawberry shortcake)

chocolate fondue with fresh fruit

anglefood cake with different sauces

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
"Hey! Shut that window! Ya tryin' to air condition the whole outdoors??"

Ok--now ya sound like me dad, circa 1968, talking 'bout the heat!!! :lol:

Yep I've still got the recipe, easy too!!!...not sure :unsure: ..shall I email it to Suze or (if anybody else fancies trying it) shall I post it on 'recipes'??? :unsure:

That would be most helpphul, Nik, if you get the chance. I'd like it, too since I mentioned it to Mark last night and he wants me to make one. So, in essence, you'd be giving me my own recipe :P

I'd like to take a gander at it!!!

We have another taker already! :D

Saphe travels, Jan-it ;)

M-m-m....Jess just remeinded me of angel phood cake :rolleyes: So good wif strawberries. Gluten Free Pantry makes a really good mix--very easy.

Theer-essa.....nice to see you!! :D

Happy Saturday Sillies B)

flourgirl Apprentice

Hey again! I'm ignoring housework at the moment.....taking a quick peek into psillyville. Hope everybody's doing great today! Psuess, sorry 'bout the cutbacks. We're doing it, too. Just not replacing people.....2 are leaving. I still don't know how it's going to affect my schedule. We are seesawing back and forth....more hours (to make up for less people), or less hours to fall into the shorter budget. Guess it's day-at-a-time....but that's life anyway! REALLY want to play outside today but it's sooooo windy.

Hope none of you mind the email-sharing. I do so love to share. If you do take exception, just let me know and I'll try to stop. Really, .....I'll try.....

Till later......

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Actually I didn't notice that at 1st, and once I did I promptly saw the out-of-work reference . ...

ya a$$hat

*snoooooooort* Hi Ptaum!!!!!! See, yer silly is not FULLY gone!!!!!!!!! :P

Remember, Pataughm....when a door closes, a window opens Hope yer window is a big ole' kick-ass one

Yes! and not an A$$ Hat one :lol:

Morning all!!!!!..............Woke up @ 5am to the sound of a frantic feline trying to escape DC's bedroom,....alas, by the time I opened his bedroom door a malodorous, fetid, poo crime had occured!! :gag-eyewateringface:

I can actually think of better ways to start the day

malodourous POO CRIMES????????? :unsure: was that from Kitteh or Devil Child? :lol:

Yes - lock DC in the room - - and hang tight for the next two weeks, Nikerler......methinks mulled wine and lemon meringue pies every day!!!!! :huh:

And to Jess . . . ummm :unsure: . . . It was only two crutch tips and the yelling had NOTHING to do with the HOFF!!!

gahhhhhhhhhhhh :lol: giy-knit on another long journey through the midwest......well safe travels and have fun!!!

Hey, Gang!

A mild phlurry of posts last eve! The earth is righting itself on its axis. .. .

:) yes, we need MORE phlurries and MORE sillies to return!!! (has Laura left us forever? )

Can top them wif sumfin fancy like chocolate shavings, sliced berries or almonds. Looks and tastes so very high-class AND decadent. . . . ...

Um......I think I'll need some........measurements? quantities maybe? :blink::lol: I am quite sure I could screw this up :lol:

Hi Psuess, Em, Pah-tay, Gjiannit, Juuuude, Jgjgjgessssss, Leeeez-ah!, Pieter, everybody else that is stuck inside the brain somewhere (I make a LOUZY RomperRoom Lady). Hope yer all doing jest fine!

just LOVE Tea's spelling of our gnames :lol:

Canadian tarts

Flourless chocolate walnut torte

Mango ice cream drizzled with limoncello

meringue cookies with strawberries and cream (like strawberry shortcake)

chocolate fondue with fresh fruit

anglefood cake with different sauces

:o dear gawd......all sounding yummy.......is angel food cake good w/ g f dlour? what kind?

Hope none of you mind the email-sharing. I do so love to share. If you do take exception, just let me know and I'll try to stop. Really, .....I'll try.....

Till later......

Love them you sillly.........

Happy Saturday sills - - it's absolutely GORJUSS here - wind is gone - bright sun - must head outside soon...............

the babies are running amok all over the house, very aggressive and widespread rasslin' this morn :wub:

elye Community Regular

Sooooze! Do the cream-cheesy thangs - -you will NOT screw 'em up..........three bricks cream cheese, four eggs, 1/2 cup sugar source of yer choice. . . . . . :)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Patti's lemon meringue recipe posted here

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.php?showtopic=56867

One step ahead of yer there Jian-neet!!...did indeed leave him (and the fumes) - went back to bed for several hours :evilsmile:

Saphe travels and happy peanut butter!! :lol: (yum!)

Yes - lock DC in the room - - and hang tight for the next two weeks, Nikerler......methinks mulled wine and lemon meringue pies every day!!!!! :huh:

He ain't leaving this house again 'til he's 18 yrs ('cept to go school)....at 18 I'm no longer responsible for him and will be asked to leave ;)

Pie and neat vodka methinks to get through this bad patch :lol:

Em's cream cheesy thangs! :P

Jestgar Rising Star

:lol: :lol: There's yer dessert plan Suze.

Jestgar Rising Star

WOOOHOOOO!!! Spring is here!

Heat's off.......Doors are open...........House is a sweltering 50F............

Think I'll strip down and start my tan!!! :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast

He ain't leaving this house again 'til he's 18 yrs ('cept to go school)....at 18 I'm no longer responsible for him and will be asked to leave ;)

*snort* :lol: :lol: what kind of pie

:lol: :lol: There's yer dessert plan Suze.

gahhhhhhhhh :lol: :lol:

WOOOHOOOO!!! Spring is here!

Heat's off.......Doors are open...........House is a sweltering 50F............

Think I'll strip down and start my tan!!! :D

:o good Lord.........my house is 67 and I'm totally FREEZING :lol:

well - I am going to have to experiment w/ those cream cheese thangs o' Em's.....it sounds bizarre but tasty :lol:

possibly lemon meringue.....

by me mum has this chocolate pig with a merinque/walnut crust that is........just about the most evil thing I've ever eaten, topped w/ whipped cream........a childhood dessert staple for holidays and events............. :rolleyes:

pondering that.......

must dye roots of hair, procure an outfit, and get ready for some stupid, slightly posh party later this aft <_<

I can hardly be bothered :huh:

Jestgar Rising Star
by me mum has this chocolate pig with a merinque/walnut crust that is........just about the most evil thing I've ever eaten, topped w/ whipped cream........a childhood dessert staple for holidays and events............. :rolleyes:

:huh: Easter pig?

elye Community Regular

What is this chocolate pig of which you speak, Sooooze? With meringue and a walnut crust somehow incorporated. . . . ........sounds like a pork roast er summat.. . ..... :huh:

Jess is tanning. . . . .. B)

I want me some SUN!! :angry:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

chocolate pig!!!!!!!!!!!! *snigger* *snackle* :lol: :lol: :lol:

um, that's a typo you nincompoops

'tis a chocolate PIE

:lol: :lol: :lol:

but wow! a chocolate PIG for Easter - what a concept......must figger out summat.......

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Em - forgot to say how much I lurve your snuggling Sub Standards

please hit refresh and look at the latest snuggling photo of me babes :wub:

Kit puts his hands on Weezee's face quite often and falls to sleep.......

I can NAE take it!!!!!!!!!!!

♥♥♥

elye Community Regular

OH.....'tis a PIE of which you speak :lol::lol: . .. . . .

I kinda liked the pig thang.. . . . .chocolate pig with a fluffy meringue and a nice crust overtop.. . ....trying quite hard to picture this. . . . . ... :huh::rolleyes:

Off to the third game in this last tourney before the league gold medal game next weekend. Wildcats have won the two games they have played.......tonight they play a terrifying intermediate team from Montreal who likely should not even be in this tourney - - their girls are way above this, and are plowing over everybody.

Gad, and my daughter's the goalieeeeeeeee that's facing them... . .. . . . .. :unsure::unsure:

mimommy Contributor
Mygawd......So, the very Catholic, hymn-and prayer-driven funeral was coming to a close.... . . .. the priest had filled the incense thingy, then he lit it and began to swing it around the coffin as they do, quite curiously. Well, quite a lot of smoke came billowing out of the chalice, as I suppose it is supposed to, representing the soul heading to heaven.

It exuded a very strong, thick smell, and by the time the priest got around the coffin twice, he was starting to stagger and smile a little.

Crap, I do believe he was stoned. :huh:

He walked verrrrrrrrrrry strangely to the back of the church, leading the fray, smiling, appearing like he was talking to himself.

It was just what I needed. Peeps, I'm afraid I pulled a Mary-Tyler-Moore-at- Chuckles-The-Clown-Funeral. Began larfing. Kept larfing. :ph34r::ph34r:

Man. Not good.

That story was hilarious! Where do you come up with this stuff? It sounds like a Bare Naked Ladies song "I'm the kinda (gal) that laughs at a funeral, can't understand what I mean? Well, ya soon will"

Seriously, tell more. That was good stuff. I used to facilitate a writer's critique group a while back and we would have loved a story like that. You're a sick woman--my favorite quality in a writer!

I've been reading along here and there, but these posts are hard to follow. And, it feels a little like voyeurism.

Can someone tell me which page to look for to find the story about the statue? It's intriguing, but I work 2 jobs and don't have much time to post/read much these days. I shouldn't even be on right now, but I'm hiding out in my home office. Hubby got up this morning saying he was going to build me some cabinets in the laundry room. Then he said something about moving a gas line, so I jumped in the shower thinking I would just leave before the house exploded. While in the shower, I heard power tools. Then the lights went out. Yikes! Did I mention that he quit smoking three days ago? There's lots of pounding and swearing and Nickelback music coming from below right now. I'm afraid he's going to start chainsawing his way through the wall like Jack Nicholson...Oh Raaaachel, I'm hoooome! Help!

elye Community Regular

Hi, Mimommy!

Where have you beeeeeen all these pages? Gad, what psilly material!.....hubby attempting home renovations, chainsaws and Nickelback.. .. . ......

But wait.. . . ... :unsure: ...Mimommy's a critic. .. .. ... ..of writing.... . . . . . .

:huh:

:blink:

Uh, oh. . . .. ..

Mimommy, methinks you may go right out of yer mind around here. . . . . .. . ....

:lol:

The statue is one Sam Hill Manhead (his name is a long story - - but worth the read)......our resident finder-of-all-in-Psillyville, Jiagnitt, is away for a few days.....she would, in a matter of seconds, be able to tell you what page it all started on. I would guess that the beginning of that epic was probably at around page 1500. .... . .....

My gawd, you feel like a voyeur when reading along??

Well, there's only one way to remedy this. You must become a regular here........then you are involved in the madness - - no longer on the outside looking in! ;)

flourgirl Apprentice

Hallo Mimommy. We'll think of a way to pseriously misspell yer name soon. Sounds a bit of a stutter for Miami.....Ima gom onna tripp to Mimommy...uh munamey....uh... :P you're bound to get several versions. 'Tis all in good phun and no harm intended! Welcome to the sanitarium in any case!

Had a very warm day here. Thermometers broken so I,m not sure....at least 70, sunny, but windy most of the day. Hurry up summer....I'm ready!!! (I should have been born a tropical plant!) Tomorrow is supposed to be warm without the wind....yeah!

Everybody who has a real life must be busy.....since it's the weekend. Easter season, and holiday weekends, and travelers and kids home from school.......some of us work weekends, so it's all the same. Keep it shiny everybody :)

dollamasgetceliac? Explorer

Hello!

my llamas have been hibernating

they are magical :D

Open Original Shared Link

they also have been eating too much macaroni and cheese

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c52/atomic811/llama.webp

and so I had to send fuzzy to the store in gnu mexico to airdrop more mac n cheez in to our island

Open Original Shared Link

lol :D

I always gnu I would wind up in a sanatarium 1 day

i wuv me llamas

elye Community Regular

And WOW! Llamalady's appeared! :D

Archived