This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular

:lol: Have any other Phellow Phacebookers changed their settings to Pirate Language?

Terrific.....everything is in Piratespeak. Friends are "Hearties", "Share" is "divvy spoils t'all me mateys", "Emily likes this" is "Arggh, this be pleasin' to me eye" "Wall to Wall" is "plank to plank".......and on and on.

So stupefyingly entertaining . . ..! <_<:rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nikki-uk Enthusiast

GUYZ!!!

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

I have eaten me own weight in chocolate, complete and utter blow out!!!!!! :ph34r:

Did I tell youz that Al woke up at 4.30 AM as he was soooo excited (like it were xmas or owt!! :rolleyes: ) :lol:

sleep hygiene: (cracks me up that they call it that)

Open Original Shared Link

Oh HECK!!! :huh:

I have BAAAAAAAD sleep hygeine :ph34r: (but I do NOT smell!!!! :lol: )

OMG! :o which one? is Rochester that Irish actor named Ciaran Hinds??? :swoon: that's me favorite one........

Nope, my man's Toby Stephens and I would! :wub:

She's a spy, I tell you. :ph34r:

:lol:

We loves a conspiracy feary here!

Happy Easter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAUTIMOUS bEVEL!!!!!!!

Must formulate a plan to undo all the chocolateness tomorrow!! :blink:

PADT!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY SAPHE!!!!!!!!!! :o

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
:lol: Have any other Phellow Phacebookers changed their settings to Pirate Language?

Terrific.....everything is in Piratespeak. Friends are "Hearties", "Share" is "divvy spoils t'all me mateys", "Emily likes this" is "Arggh, this be pleasin' to me eye" "Wall to Wall" is "plank to plank".......and on and on.

oh god :o:blink: I can't even figure out what you guys are saying 1/2 the time on here..........now were talking..............Piratespeak on facebook :ph34r:B);):rolleyes: I guess?????

Mtndog Collaborator
OMG - I"ll be there - - set up a room for me with lavendar-spritzed high-thread-count sheets, and the proper SLEEP HYGIENE protocol in place........ :lol:

Thou must limit thy activities in bed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aside from the obvious bed activity that means no more:

1. Eating chocolate pie

2. sipping absinthe

3. drinking whole bottles of wine

4. doing aerobics

5. eating nuggets

whilst in bed :lol: :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast

An Easter KitKatastraphe!!! Bought the wrong kind of ham!!!! Last time bought a Cook's (already cooked) ham . . . this time I bought a Cook's but I need to cook it meselph . . . and I just discovered it!!!! Ham will be ready at approximately 11:00 pm!!!!! There ya go Suze, you have plenty of time to make it here for Easter dinner!!

ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

We are now gonna have chicken on the grill . . . . pllllbbbbbhhhh!!!!

Who's hungry anyway??? We've all eaten too much candy!!!

elye Community Regular
I have eaten me own weight in chocolate, complete and utter blow out!!!!!! :ph34r:

Nikkers! Double Sven fer YOO tomorrow!! ;)

Dear gawd....but he's lovely. . . . .......

Do you know, there was a coach of one of the opposing teams in DD's hockey league who very much resembled this bloke......hair was shorter, but the same beautiful countenance. We played this team twice, and none of the mothers can remember what in hell happened in either game, who if anyone scored, what the penalties were, even what the final score was.. .. . . . . ....

:rolleyes:

Darn210 Enthusiast

An Easter Bunny Phunny: Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Have any other Phellow Phacebookers changed their settings to Pirate Language?

So stupefyingly entertaining . . ..!

OMG :lol: :lol: did nae know this.......are ya yankin' our chains? must look into it......

oh, have not seen that version........or that guy........but yes'm, I think I would too! :P

NIK! chocolate purge? chocolate cure? eat more tomorrow :lol: but only half yer weight this time ;)

oh god I can't even figure out what you guys are saying 1/2 the time on here..........now were talking..............Piratespeak on facebook I guess?????

JOOOOOOOOODITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yer makin' me larph!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Thou must limit thy activities in bed

Aside from the obvious bed activity that means no more:

1. Eating chocolate pie

2. sipping absinthe

3. drinking whole bottles of wine

4. doing aerobics

5. eating nuggets

whilst in bed

:lol: x 25

okay........

#1 - already done it

#2 - yup, done that

#3 - not the WHOLE bottle, no, have nae done that

#4 - what kind? :ph34r: no such thing - for eons

#5 OMG - can't even COUNT the times :lol:

:lol: Bevel's got her silly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An Easter KitKatastraphe!!! Bought the wrong kind of ham!!!! Last time bought a Cook's (already cooked) ham . . . this time I bought a Cook's but I need to cook it meselph . . . and I just discovered it!!!! Ham will be ready at approximately 11:00 pm!!!!! There ya go Suze, you have plenty of time to make it here for Easter dinner!!

ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

We are now gonna have chicken on the grill . . . . pllllbbbbbhhhh!!!!

Who's hungry anyway??? We've all eaten too much candy!!!

GIANKNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! quelle tragedie! I'm getting on a plane..........I"ll see you close to midnight?

and I"m gonna be pi$$ed if that ham's not ready :lol:

Do you know, there was a coach of one of the opposing teams in DD's hockey league who very much resembled this bloke......hair was shorter, but the same beautiful countenance. We played this team twice, and none of the mothers can remember what in hell happened in either game, who if anyone scored, what the penalties were, even what the final score was.. .. . . . . ....

Um, well, is he SINGLE? find him for me :lol:

Well sills.......never did go over to me phriends' house(s).....kept thinking I might.......stayed home, puttered in the garden, did the flowers (slight failure and must re-do), walked the Weezel, tortured the Kit, talked on phone, did some laundry, fiddled with itunes..........

:rolleyes: just another day here in Stepford.............. but 'twas lovely!!!

must figger out what to do next.........

we will soon come to the end of spring here.........entering into The HEINOUS Season :angry: (PadT and I can commiserate)

I LOVE the way the light hits before dusk during this crystalline time of year....somehow it's better on Sundays ;) must cherish it, and the magical, verdant quiet - - not many gorgeous spring Sundays left :(

so going to bask in it on patio, methinks, with cheap wine, music, and pets :wub:

GET OVER HERE SILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! :)

elye Community Regular
so going to bask in it on patio, methinks, with cheap wine, music, and pets :wub:

GET OVER HERE SILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! :)

OMG.....this all sounds truly fantastic.........SOOOOOZE, I AM COMING! :)

Jestgar Rising Star

Had Easter at me bro's house, wif me bro, his wife, his wife's recovering addict sister, and the two men who live up the hill.... :huh::mellow::unsure::lol:

Got glutened (as expected) but did not expect the massive headache from it. Not sure if this is a permanent change in response, or a special Easter gift. :angry::(

Ah well, that's what drugs are for, right?

A hearty aaarrggghh, to ye all.

jerseyangel Proficient
Um, yeah, as IF I could just get into my bed and LIE THERE with no reading, TV, any of that <_<

I simply can not phall asleep unless the TV is on :ph34r: I know I'd get a longer night's sleep if I could break meselph of that......

Here's me:

"Ok, look busy, look busy. Look--a post!"

Click-clack, click-clack, click-clack, click-clack

I think that's true fer all of us! :rolleyes:

Happy Easter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Easter, Bevvie--the phlowers are beautiphul! :D

Must check this out.....sounds like phun

:lol: We went to Changs fer dinner and I ate an entire chocolate dome. This was after dinner and wine :huh: <------phat phace.....

An Easter KitKatastraphe!!! Bought the wrong kind of ham!!!!

Gawd Jan-it WIH did you end up doing? Ya coulda maybe sliced and grilled it, er sumphin.....

I LOVE the way the light hits before dusk during this crystalline time of year....somehow it's better on Sundays ;) must cherish it, and the magical, verdant quiet - - not many gorgeous spring Sundays left :(

Tis like that here, too :rolleyes: After our stormy day, it's a beautiphul evening :rolleyes:

Got glutened (as expected) but did not expect the massive headache from it. Not sure if this is a permanent change in response, or a special Easter gift. :angry::(

:angry: Most heinous!

So, like I said, we go to me new favorite place fer dinner--PF Changs .....They rolled out the red carpet yet again. I swear sillies, it's like having dinner wif phriends. We're getting to know the manager, chef (lived in Joisey) and a couple of the waiters. What a phab group of people.

They would not let us pay--again! :o We were like--no, that isn't at all ncessary but evidently the letter I wrote to their corporate office got sent throughout the company and the manger was very appreciative.

Oh--we had a tornado warning in Houston earlier this afternoon. It rained--hard--but nothing more here. By early evening there was not a cloud in the sky and the wind had died down. I'm finding weather really does change on a dime here.

:lol: Barack O Lama :lol:

Got busted by the emoticon police.....<annoyedphace>

psawyer Proficient
Ah well, that's what drugs are for, right?

Ah, well, yes. Now, aspirin can irritate the stomach, as can ibuprofen. Acetaminophen (paracetamol to you, Nikki) can be hard on the liver. I've got it:

Rum & coke codeine! Oh, wait, you need a script for one of those. :(

Substitute a dry red wine for the rum if you prefer. ;) Use as directed desired.

jerseyangel Proficient
Substitute a dry red wine for the rum if you prefer. ;) Use as directed desired.

Capitol idea, PeOter :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
Gawd Jan-it WIH did you end up doing? Ya coulda maybe sliced and grilled it, er sumphin.....

Wot??? Can't you smell dat??? Tis cooking as we speak. Due to come out in about 15 minutes. Then . . . :huh: . . . gah . . . what do I do with it then??? Let it cool off a bit and toss it in the fridge. Ham Samiches all week!!!!

Jess . . . sorry bout that glutening :( . . . are you sure the headache isn't from the tapioca pudding??

Darn210 Enthusiast

Well, I do recall that Raytchill requested a bit of history on Sam Hill aka the statue guy . . . well, you guys know that there are waaaaayyyyyy too many posts to quote, but here is where Em reviewed some of the possible origins:

Ah, but the story gets much more interesting with the added bits I've garnered here and there. Will retrieved Sam Hill Manhead from a large collection of garbage in the basement of his work building. Upon examination, we noticed a light pencil scrawling on the bottom of the pedestal - - 3rd. That's it....just "3rd". All right, so we have assumed that Sam Hill was in the offices of a business on the third floor.

I had Will write down the companies that reside up there.

Two law firms.

Caterers

The Embassy of Burundi

A homosexual dating service. Hmmmm, this one seems to warrant a red flag.

A dentist and two oral surgeons

A modeling agency

We need Leeeesa to run with this.

My early thoughts:

S.H. does not have his mouth open, is exposing no teeth or gums. . ..ergo, don't see him being of any use in the dentistry field.

Could he have been used by a catering company as a special centrepiece item? Um, ever??

There are occasions for everything, after all, and occasions where you need to eat. . .. ...

Hmmm....possible connection to Burundi.

Maybe the profiled bust of a great tribal king? He looks rather North American to me.....boring, vacant. . . ..... :lol:

Now, the homosexual dating service. . ......we may be onto something.

Soooozie. . . . was he interested in you physically?

Perhaps it does not signify the third floor at all.

Maybe he is the third mold made from a cast.. . ...... . there are two more out there.. . ..

:huh:

Darn210 Enthusiast

But this is where it truly started . . . and went on and on . . . an on . . .

OMG...... :lol::lol:

DH brought home THEEEE phunniest thing that he plucked out of his work building garbage area down in the underground parking lot. I cannot stop larfing every time I look at it. . . . ..and the thing is -- it is not supposed to be funny. I don't know how many others would find it hysterical, as I do.

Cannot stop larfing. .. . . ..

Funnier, really, is the uses to which it could possibly be put.

It is a heavy plastic, life-sized male head and shoulders, shirtless and in profile, mounted on a pedestal.

:huh::huh:

I must take a pic of it.

I could put him up in my living room window...... . make it look as though I've got a handsome guy over visiting. .. .

Gah! Put him in my bedroom window, for Mr. Chow to ponder!!

It would be a perfect, practical gift for a person who lives alone but wants to appear as though they have a big guy around .. . . ... .prop it up in various windows, outside above the hedge-line, moving along the cedar fence. .. .... . . ... :lol:

Hey! One could prop him in the passenger seat of their sedan and drive in all the carpool lanes. . . . . :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
jerseyangel Proficient

All's well wif the world! Jan-it is back and digging into the archives :lol:

So Jan-it....what did youse guys have fer dinner? :unsure:

Darn210 Enthusiast
All's well wif the world! Jan-it is back and digging into the archives :lol:

So Jan-it....what did youse guys have fer dinner? :unsure:

We had chicken on the grill, au gratin potatos and broccoli wif a cheese sauce (yuck . . . came that way . . . didn't care for it . . . won't be having it that way again)

Ummmmm . . . :unsure: . . . Ham's done!!! . . . Susie, are you almost here????

jerseyangel Proficient
We had chicken on the grill

:lol: This is one fer the books! :lol:

Yep--ham samiches till they come outta yer ears :lol:

Actually ham sounds good--I'm comin over wif Soozle. :P

Darn210 Enthusiast
<_< Nothing like carvin' up a ham at 11:00 pm <_< . . . trying to get this sucker to cool down enuff to stick in the fridge . . . Ummm . . . tastes good tho :ph34r: . . . :P
mimommy Contributor

SLEEP HYGIENE?

Sounds more like torture...

~Eliminate nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, and other stimulants

That is, like, 90 % of my daily consumptive value

~Avoid napping

Avoid it?? Hell, I've been trying to TAKE one for about 10 years.

~Limit activities in bed

Hmmm--a girl could really have some fun with this one ;) But...

People suffering from insomnia should avoid working in bed, such as balancing the checkbook???

Um, did I miss the memo on this? Was I supposed to be banking in bed? :huh: High finance and high loft down just DO NOT mix.

mimommy Contributor
Flowers for my beloved Psillies!

Lovley!

MiMimms has got llamas in 'er bathroom??????????

quote Jestgar: "Did'ya at least get a towel before the wall gave way? I'm sure the llamas needed a whole to look through anyway."

set up a room for me with lavendar-spritzed high-thread-count sheets

ahh, sounds perfect

I'll still be up all night

:(

Have any other Phellow Phacebookers changed their settings to Pirate Language?

So stupefyingly entertaining . . ..!

I think I might have to consider using this pirate language at work tomorrow:

"Aye matey, ye'll be shipping out wi' di' UPS would ye?" Or, maybe not.

oh god I can't even figure out what you guys are saying 1/2 the time on here..........now were talking..............Piratespeak on facebook I guess?????

HA, TIS TRUE, TIS TRUE, YET, ONE CAN'T HELP BUT JOIN IN

just another day here in Stepford.............. but 'twas lovely!!!

lol

I LOVE the way the light hits before dusk during this crystalline time of year....somehow it's better on Sundays must cherish it, and the magical, verdant quiet - - not many gorgeous spring Sundays left

sniff...that was beautiful :) You have a wonderful way with descriptive writing.

so going to bask in it on patio, methinks, with cheap wine, music, and pets

GET OVER HERE SILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't that be fun?

Sooo sorry! I ingested a little--wee little--bit myself today (the first I've had in about two months) and got a headache within fifteen minutes. Hmmm.

A hearty aaarrggghh, to ye all.

emotocops again, but lol to this!

Remember that old Billy Joel song? "A bottle of red, a bottle of whites" (or something like that)

Well, I do recall that Raytchill requested a bit of history on Sam Hill aka the statue guy . . . well, you guys know that there are waaaaayyyyyy too many posts to quote, but here is where Em reviewed some of the possible origins:

Thanks! I will do some reading tomorrow.

Nighty-night.

elye Community Regular

Good Morning, Psills!

Y'all was up past midnight, posting away....but no Sooooozle, which is perhaps a good thang. One hopes she was asleep through the night.

Rum & coke codeine! Oh, wait, you need a script for one of those. :(

Holy crap! Individuals have written scripts to follow for this protocol?? You are assigned yer part, take the drug combination and then attempt to first memorize, then perform all of your lines en masse? :huh:

Mygawd, 'twould be quite a live show to attend. . . . . ..

Geeeeah-gnutt! I absolutely luuuuurved rereading the tale surrounding Sam Hill Manhead's appearnance in our lives. Do you know, we still have NO idea from where he came..... . . . . .

He has sat in my girlfriend's front window ever since I bestowed him upon her. MANY passsersby have carefully asked her about him. She simply smiles slowly and says naught. :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
Geeeeah-gnutt! I absolutely luuuuurved rereading the tale surrounding Sam Hill Manhead's appearnance in our lives. Do you know, we still have NO idea from where he came..... . . . . .

:lol: :lol:

me too

head still hurts. going for caffeine and advil (as the wine and advil was minimally useful).

Archived