This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Jestgar Rising Star
Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mtndog Collaborator

Hallo Psillies- Jess, was following along ongmail and saw about yer mom :(

What about Open Original Shared Link? Might be a good way to keep things moving without any weight?

Jestgar Rising Star

Those look good too, Bev. I figure I'll give my parents about a week before I start sending exercise suggestions. A guy here said his wife did the "sit and be fit" exercises after she had foot surgery, so maybe I'll offer those up too. Yoga might be easier for her to start with, though.

Green12 Enthusiast
Those look good too, Bev. I figure I'll give my parents about a week before I start sending exercise suggestions. A guy here said his wife did the "sit and be fit" exercises after she had foot surgery, so maybe I'll offer those up too. Yoga might be easier for her to start with, though.

Jess, given your mom's condition and then the injury I am wondering if Physical Therapy would be an option to check into for her. Not sure what your folks insurance situation is to cover it but the Dr surely would approve write a scrip. They could work with her on movement exercises to do there and then also at home.

Just a thought.

Jestgar Rising Star
Jess, given your mom's condition and then the injury I am wondering if Physical Therapy would be an option to check into for her. Not sure what your folks insurance situation is to cover it but the Dr surely would approve write a scrip. They could work with her on movement exercises to do there and then also at home.

Just a thought.

Jules, honey, if my mom were even remotely willing to do physical therapy, it's likely she would have had enough strength and dexterity not to fall in the first place. I think the only way she'd be willing is if someone came to their house. There's no way she's gonna go out in public and look like a "damned fool in front of strangers". :(

stubborn old hag

I mean me, of course. I won't stop until we come up with something. :P

elye Community Regular
Not sure what your folks insurance situation is to cover it but the Dr surely would approve write a scrip. They could work with her on movement exercises to do there and then also at home.

Whoa! Another one o' these bizarre medical scripts, written and performed, I can only presume, under the greatest of duress.....how in hell could Jyessss's mom memorize lines and take stage direction when she has got this kind of injury?

Mygawd, written lines and special movements to perfect. .. ......the stress......!

:huh:

:lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
Whoa! Another one o' these bizarre medical scripts, written and performed, I can only presume, under the greatest of duress.....how in hell could Jyessss's mom memorize lines and take stage direction when she has got this kind of injury?

Mygawd, written lines and special movements to perfect. .. ......the stress......!

Ah, but perhaps the distraction of memorization will make her forget that she's doing foolish exercises.

You guys could be on to something. Health care disguised as performance.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mimommy Contributor
unless you meant these Open Original Shared Link.

I'm pretty sure those would do her in...

I'm pretty sure those would do ME in!

You mean ya'll want me to write wayyyy dowwwnnn here?

mimommy Contributor

Mimmsy not breathing--too much phunny. Laughed so hard I stopped taking in air :lol::lol::lol:

And when did I start speaking of myself in third cyber person? :unsure::huh:

elye Community Regular
Ah, but perhaps the distraction of memorization will make her forget that she's doing foolish exercises.

You guys could be on to something. Health care disguised as performance.

Jyesss! Get her into your Oliver ensemble!

Ptaoughmghmn! Wherever you may be! The LAST episode of Corner Gas airs tonight :(:( ... . ..after six unforgettable seasons..........boy, I will miss it....!

mimommy Contributor
You Psilly! She'd need a peg leg to pull that off with any respectable authenticity. . . . ..

For years I tried to find my "authentic self". Maybe that's what was missing all along--a peg leg :P

I love the supply list for the fake parrot prop How-to:

Good aft, mates. Today we be makin' a fake parrot. Ere's what ye be needin'...

some cardboard

a glue gun

some duct tape

one fake parrot

if they've already got the fake parrot, it makes ye wonder what they might be doin' with the duct tape ;)

Health care disguised as performance.

Isn't that why they call it practicing medicine?

elye Community Regular
Isn't that why they call it practicing medicine?

Gah! :lol::lol: Yuk yuk yuk!! Well DONE, Raye-tchull!!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
OMG........forgot to comment on this one.... . .TWO FREEBIES AT CHANGS? :blink: Pahteigh, 'tis amazing. . . ....and neither you nor Mark hadda sleep with anybody??

uh - not that we KNOW of *snigger*

Me mum's in the hospital. She did Open Original Shared Link.

Her ankle's now all full of screws (as opposed to her house being full of screwballs when all her kids are home).

:o Jeoss - that is one (h)anus fracture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what in hell are you going to make her do? (stubborn old hag :lol: YOU, that is)

many excellent suggestions........I quoted about..........500 things and then said to hell wif it :lol:

A Jules poop-in!!!!!! :) Hi Jules........hope you're feeling better, sweetie.

Maybe get yer Mum an eye patch and she could hop and 'Aaarrrrgh' pirate fashion (dunno if she'll go for it?)

*snigger*

The weird thing is that I didn't copy that site--I'm sure I didn't I previewed my post to make sure the link worked, it did but when I went to get out of the link so I could post, the computer went away from both that site and this one.

:blink: what in hell......I think yer computer's not yet acclimated to Texas, Padt

You Psilly! She'd need a peg leg to pull that off with any respectable authenticity. . . . ..

*snortt*

everything is cracking me up right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

OMG :lol: LOVE that crazy little kid

OMG - whilst in Monterey, I used to watch "sit and be fit" on public television, at like 6 am (and lest you think it was because I"d awakened so early, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, 'twas not, it was because I'd been UP ALL NIGHT :angry: )

Please don't ask me why..........somehow it was extremely fascinating - the teacher lady - - just had me mesmerized - - she spoke to them like they were children, as I recall :lol: :lol:

*snooooooooooooooort* :lol:gawd...........

Mimmsy not breathing--too much phunny. Laughed so hard I stopped taking in air

And when did I start speaking of myself in third cyber person?

:lol: :lol: are you on Facebook? that is sort of a requirement there.......when you say what in hell you are thinking, or up to

For years I tried to find my "authentic self". Maybe that's what was missing all along--a peg leg

I love the supply list for the fake parrot prop How-to:

Good aft, mates. Today we be makin' a fake parrot. Ere's what ye be needin'...

some cardboard

a glue gun

some duct tape

one fake parrot

if they've already got the fake parrot, it makes ye wonder what they might be doin' with the duct tape ;)

:lol: x 25

Mimms-o is truly kracking me up :lol:

I miss Ptaum also - am going to email him and ORDER him to get here :(

Amanda - what's the latest with John?

more later Sills

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:ph34r:

I re-read my post and feel that it was inappropriately mirthful and wackl and crazy.........

but I feel.........slightly wild and restless - - but only in the most fun way - - -

is it a full moon er sumfin? :blink:

I am quite hyper.........

wild...........

overly glib and flippant :ph34r:

WHAT SHOULD I DO?????????

wish I could find that eviscerated Zombie Man right now

mimommy Contributor
I re-read my post and feel that it was inappropriately mirthful and wackl and crazy.........

overly glib and flippant :ph34r:

No such thing!!

You crack me up, anyway :D

And--bonus--you use words like "verdant" and "glib" and "flippant" in everyday conversation. Love it :D

ps--how do I get those silly emotes from the bottom to insert in my posts??

DingoGirl Enthusiast
No such thing!!

You crack me up, anyway :D

And--bonus--you use words like "verdant" and "glib" and "flippant" in everyday conversation. Love it

well now that is why you BELONG here, Mimms, you is one of us

<VERY scary thought> :huh:

um...........but.........EVERYone here uses those words in everyday posts conversations, pseriously. Have you read EM's posts? she is the MOST wackl of us all, methinks :P

:blink:

what in hell? you is already USIN' them emoticons in yer posts, silly......is there sumphin else you're talking about?

I love how Mimms-o changes her signacher all the time :lol: :lol:

and now, I must go.......we are going to torcher the cat :lol: :lol:

giankt - how are those ham samiches? I want one :(

Easter dinner tomorrow night at Janie's. See you all about 6? :)

Darn210 Enthusiast

You don't get to use the arrow thingy emoticon or the green guy emoticon . . . it has it's own thread too . . . :angry: . . . which yielded nada!!!

The heart lovey dovey one is added by typing : wub : without the spaces and it doesn't need to be bolderized.

Darn210 Enthusiast
You don't get to use the arrow thingy emoticon or the green guy emoticon . . . it has it's own thread too . . . :angry: . . . which yielded nada!!!

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.ph...c=38801&hl=

Jess - sorry to hear about yer mum - Army crawling about the house would provide some exercise, stay off the leg, provide mobility . . . you could get her some camo gear so she looks the part - but really, sorry bout yer mum.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Raytchehull - love the new pic of your pooch. Do we know his name? I may have missed it in my quick perusal of the spring break posts.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Soozhee slept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

...can I just say the 'pirate talk' setting on phacebook is driving me INSANE ...gotta change it back :lol:

good for you susie

i agree on the pirate talk B)

Me mum's in the hospital. She did Open Original Shared Link.

Her ankle's now all full of screws (as opposed to her house being full of screwballs when all her kids are home).

this looks like it would HURT

how old is your Mom?

i'll bet you could get some PT in the house under your insurance

swimming would be the best if you could get her in the pool

PT could cover the cost.

our pool has a chair lift/drop that puts people into the pool so you don't have to walk down the steps.

sure hope Amanda checks in about John......and how she's holding up

jerseyangel Proficient

Mornin sillies--Hee--I'm the phirst here!! :D

Gotta be up this early to accompany Mark to his colonoscopy......he's the phirst scheduled, so hopephully there won't be a lot of waiting when we get there. Phingers crossed.

Carry on sillies--be back later :)

happygirl Collaborator

Hope it goes well for Mark, Patti.

elye Community Regular

Good Morning, Psillies. . . . . ...

Ugh, Pahteigh.... . Mark's got a lovely colonoscopy today? have not had the privilege to experience one yet.. ..... .. I'm sure they are no picnic, and the day-before prep even less so. Has he been chugging prescribed Blast-o? <_<:rolleyes:

All right, I am in a teaching slump. Need something fascinating and different to present to the groups for comprehension/reading practice. All of my lesson material is boring me senseless.

Think I will copy out the last 800 pages (keeping things relatively current) of this thread, and ask them to discuss the character development, plotlines, vocabulary.. .....

:blink:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Hi Everyone-

Sorry its been so lng since I updated but it has been a long few days. I finally got John home- and yesterday I called a patient advocate for him. Friday evening he had a horrid nurse--refused to give him his prescribed pain meds even after the dr was in to see him and understood he was in a lot of pain. Then she cath him--and didnt lubricate it at all--when he screamed she told him to calm down and he didnt need to make a scene--cause that is a very comfortable procedure :o Then she got him out of bed and left him and told him to walk unassisted around the unit till she got some things done....he hadnt been out of bed since we checked in prior to the surgery. He did 1/2 a walk and went back to his room--he didnt feel he could make it. She came in and yelled at him-thats all you are going to do? So Jen came down to see him and the nurse was at the nurses station complaining about him when Jen came in saying he only had minor surgery and was on too many pain meds and all he did was complain....which was untrue-- So she told Jen the same thing--he has been bugging her all night--Jen asked him and he told her he didnt press the button for the nurse once--because he got a bad feeling from her when she came in the room the first time....Jen tried to get him moved to another floor but was unsuccessful. So I called in to check on him and the nurse said the same things to me--he complains too much and all he wants is drugs (after you spend 8 yrs on pain meds for post chemo problems you build up a tolerence so things that would knock me out wont touch his pain and his drs knew and understood) So after complaining to me she gives him the phone and says its your wife- he didn't believe her because he said to me that he couldnt believe she was talking to me like that...So when he gets on he told me that she was mean--this was a red flag for me- John doesnt complain ever about pain or anything....then he said he could barely walk but if he had to he would f***ing crawl to find Jen....which is an unlikely thing for him to say...so I knew something was wrong...I got the nurse back on the phone and asked if there was a problem and she said he was a problem patient and she was glad she was leaving at 12.....I told her I better not have to drive back in here--I would have him moved....thankfully she left at 12 and the night went wonderfully- he got meds and slept and the nurse in the morning told me how well he was doing....She had her gallbladder out and like John had a rough time so she knew what he was going through--the nurse he had the previous day was a cancer survivor who also had post tx problems so she knew why John was not getting relief from the pain meds....the 2nd shift nurse was terrible!

I am still angry about it. They told me that the reason he was not going to the floor was that he would get more 1 on 1 care in the Same Day unit....bull crap! I thought when I left my husband for the evening he would be well taken care of..now I am mad that I ever left him! At least if I was there he would have a voice to speak up when he wasn't being heard. Jen has agreed to also tell the patient advocate what she had witnessed while she was there....

So John like I said is home and on the mend--still sore but getting stronger....

Jess- sorry to hear about your mom-hope she is doing better.

Happy Belated Easter to all!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Patti

hope you and Mark are home soon and all is well.

Amanda

sorry for all the problems with the nurse. Glad Jen can be your 'back up on your side of things' and glad you got a patient advocate involved.

hi all

Judy

Archived