This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular

And Nik and I are planning on meeting at Heathrow. :)

:) :) :) News we've been waiting to hear!

Have a superb trip, Jyessss... . . . I would love to go to Spain!

Rah-schellle is chillin' on the beach... . .'tis all good. ^_^

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

And Nik and I are planning on meeting at Heathrow. :)

:) :) :) News we've been waiting to hear!

True dat Em!

Just think, two peeps from halfway around the world who met right here on our widdle board are actually going to meet :rolleyes: Makes moi very happy--as do all psilly meet-ups, summits, mini summits, etc :D

Don't ferget yer cameras ;)

kareng Grand Master

I love this Psilly Psummit in Heathrow! Somebody come to my airport so I can meet you!

mushroom Proficient

About three years ago I had a phorum psummit with three (male) phorum posters I had been talking to for about three years (America's Cup phorum). It was such a blast. I love psilly psummits :D We met at a restaurant and I could pick them all out before even knowing who they were :rolleyes: (never having seen any pics)!! Have a great time, Nik and Goesss.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

About three years ago I had a phorum psummit with three (male) phorum posters I had been talking to for about three years (America's Cup phorum). It was such a blast. I love psilly psummits :D We met at a restaurant and I could pick them all out before even knowing who they were :rolleyes: (never having seen any pics)!! Have a great time, Nik and Goesss.

GADS!!, hope we find each other :unsure: (I'm the bird with the wildly curly hair in case yer didn't know ;) )

...may just throw me passport in me bag.....see if they've got any spare seats on that flight to Spain. It's gotta be a whole lot warmer there!!!!!! B)

Jestgar Rising Star

GADS!!, hope we find each other :unsure: (I'm the bird with the wildly curly hair in case yer didn't know ;) )

...may just throw me passport in me bag.....see if they've got any spare seats on that flight to Spain. It's gotta be a whole lot warmer there!!!!!! B)

I'm wearing a dark green dress and I'm Seattle-fish-belly-white.

Also grey backpack, black sandals, probably grinning idiotically at anyone with wild hair.

kareng Grand Master

I'm wearing a dark green dress and I'm Seattle-fish-belly-white.

Also grey backpack, black sandals, probably grinning idiotically at anyone with wild hair.

Wear what you're wearing in your Av. I'm sure she will recognize those abs anywhere! :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Wear what you're wearing in your Av. I'm sure she will recognize those abs anywhere! :P

<snort>

When is the psummit taking place? And how happy am I that Nik is going to get to meet a phellow psillie!!!! :D

nikki-uk Enthusiast

I know!!!!!!

I'll be sizing everyone one up

'Oh no, that's definitely not Jess, her biceps are not nearly formed enough' :lol:

When is the psummit taking place? And how happy am I that Nik is going to get to meet a phellow psillie!!!! :D

I knooowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (said in an even more excited way than previously!)

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!! :D:D

...tomorrow lunchtime (12.30pm) ...that's my time.

GAWD only knows what Jess's body clock will think it is!!! :rolleyes:

Jestgar Rising Star

Well, I had about 4 hours of sleep last night so I'll crash on the plane and wake up fresh as a (week old) daisy. :blink:

elye Community Regular

...tomorrow lunchtime (12.30pm) ...that's my time.

GAWD only knows what Jess's body clock will think it is!!! :rolleyes:

Okay.... . ..so 5:30 am my time.. . . . .I sure as hell hope that I am sound asleep and therefore unable to think of you guys at that time. . . . .:rolleyes:

Well, I had about 4 hours of sleep last night so I'll crash on the plane and wake up fresh as a (week old) daisy. :blink:

When we flew direct to London from Ottawa it was five hours across the Atlantic. We left at ten pm, and landed at 8 am London time.. . quite bizarre, and a sleepless night for all of us. How long are you in the air, Jyesss? How many stops? You are SO far west.. . . .

mushroom Proficient

Methinks Jyess will fly the polar route (we did from SFO to Frankfurt) up over Reykjavik and then zoom in down before the west coast of Scotland, and it may not take her that many hours to get to Heathrow. It's not like you have to go to New Yawk, or stuff like that, she is flying around the smallest part of the globe, not the longest way :P.

kareng Grand Master

Went to the high school football picnic tonight. They hire this company that grill burgers, hot dogs, chicken and veggie burgers. It pretty good but this year, I can't eat it. So I brought a taco salad with some of the chicken Hub grilled last night. Yum! No one asked me why I was eating that. In fact, some were like " I wish I had thought to bring something". Seems like everyone around here is on a diet or anorexic. :)

Lisa Mentor

Methinks Jyess will fly the polar route (we did from SFO to Frankfurt) up over Reykjavik and then zoom in down before the west coast of Scotland, and it may not take her that many hours to get to Heathrow. It's not like you have to go to New Yawk, or stuff like that, she is flying around the smallest part of the globe, not the longest way :P.

Yes! In aeroplanes, the shortest distant between two places is not always a straight line. Looping over the North Atlantic is, in fact, the short route. Planes over the North Atlantic have NO means of control/communications. They have over five hours of non-communications. As long as they stay where they were told to be, no problem. Scary isn't it. They are given a vector and they are to remain on course (unless there is a declared emergency). Reyjavik is the nearest emergency landing destination after leaving North America.

Most planes leave the east coast in the early evening, with destinations throughout Europe. They are spaced out horizontally about 500 feet and vertically 1,000 feet.

...Are you comforted yet? :D BUT, they are all "sticks" and well trained and know what they are doing. Trust me! ;)

But, I thing Jess found Nikki !

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Yes! In aeroplanes, the shortest distant between two places is not always a straight line. Looping over the North Atlantic is, in fact, the short route. Planes over the North Atlantic have NO means of control/communications. They have over five hours of non-communications. As long as they stay where they were told to be, no problem. Scary isn't it. They are given a vector and they are to remain on course (unless there is a declared emergency). Reyjavik is the nearest emergency landing destination after leaving North America.

Most planes leave the east coast in the early evening, with destinations throughout Europe. They are spaced out horizontally about 500 feet and vertically 1,000 feet.

...Are you comforted yet? :D BUT, they are all "sticks" and well trained and know what they are doing. Trust me! ;)

:unsure::o

I love Lisa's aviation phacts!!

I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!! T'was FAN-F***IN'-TASTIC!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

I was about to give up and go home, I'd hung around the tube station for about an hour (looking highly suspicious :lol: ).... and thought I'd walk up to Terminal 3 'Arrivals' (bout a 10 min walk)

Hung about for about 30 mins - no Jess.

Walked back to the tube st - nothing - back to 'arrivals'.......still nothing.

Decided to queue to speak to someone in 'information' (very helpful li'l peeps!)....they checked her flight had landed, and that those travelling on to Spain had been bused over from Term 5. He said she shouldn't have any probs getting through immigration on a US passport. He suggested I wait at 'departures' as she would HAVE to go there.

Sooooooo, I trotted off there (more walking - damn! that airport's hot, Sven was right wiv me! :P )

Nada at departures, and I felt a tad disheartened 'cos I realised this airport IS MASSIVE and I'm unlikely to find her <_<

...decided on one last trot through 'arrivals' (nothing).....back to the tube st.

Halfway there, in me own little world, I looked up, eyes met AND THERE SHE WAS!!!!!!!!!!

I squeaked! ...and flung my arms round her!! :lol::lol: (not sure how Jess felt about being ambushed like this, but she took it quite well :-))

Time was getting on now - so I (now familiar with ,like, every nook and cranny of the airport :rolleyes: ) led the way to a coffee shop right next to her departure gate.

Jess looked AMAZING after a 9hr flight - and I looked FRAZZLED!! :lol: ..... although she didn't really know what day it was or the time ;):lol:

Turned out she'd got stuck behind a crowd at immigration.

Barely had time for tea before she had to leave.... but SOOOOO glad I gots to meet her!!!!!!!!!

The phirst International Psillie Psummit has occured!!! - HOW cool is that???? :D

kareng Grand Master

The phirst International Psillie Psummit has occured!!! - HOW cool is that???? :D

Tres cool! Mucho cool! Sehr cool! Very cool!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Fan*F@#&ing*tastic!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

Tis about THE coolest thing I've heard in a long time!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Mtndog Collaborator

That really is pretty crazy- you mean stick people fly the planes? :P

I forgot about that. Me dad was an air traffic controller for 23 years. Unfortunately, at the time I was a little brat who didn't want to listen to Dad's dumb work stories :o Now I ask him gazillions of questions. He was on duty when the Beatles landed in Boston for the first time. But much more important.........

THE INTERNATIONAL PSILLY PSUMMIT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!

So freaking flipping cool! how crazy is that? :D :D :D

I squeaked! ...and flung my arms round her!! :lol::lol: (not sure how Jess felt about being ambushed like this, but she took it quite well :-))

Jess was ambushed by psilly love!

Jestgar Rising Star

What darling Knikki *hereafter referred to as DK* didn't tell you is that she showed up with a bag of treats!! BA messed up my gluten-free meal so I had had nothing but salad all day and DK has food!!

It was so nice to meet her and she is just as wonderful in person.

I'm still fried and jet lagged and all that stuff that comes with traveling 14 hours, but I'll try to say hi later.

jerseyangel Proficient

Jess was ambushed by psilly love!

Psilly, squeaky love :D

elye Community Regular

Oh, such a GREAT thing!! Bloody terrific that Gnick has met one of us North Americans! And LOVED the pic on Gnikker's FB profile! B):D :D

Jeez, with a welcoming commitee like that, I simply MUST get myselph back to London. . .. .. ... .!

mushroom Proficient

Oh, such a GREAT thing!! Bloody terrific that Gnick has met one of us North Americans! And LOVED the pic on Gnikker's FB profile! B):D :D

Jeez, with a welcoming commitee like that, I simply MUST get myselph back to London. . .. .. ... .!

We want a pic here, please!! Fantastic that they actually found each other, too, with all that runnin' back and forth :P Well done, DK!!

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Soooo happy you two were able to meet up!!!

We are at the most amazing beach, drove all the way out here to see the sunset, which is about to happen! Maddie was swimming with the sea turtles and eels, had to drag her from the water. Conversation went like this:

Me: Maddie, I can see your nipples.

Max: Nickels? Where are her nickels?

Me: No, nipples.

Max: Where?

Me: On your chest.

Max: Right here? (pointing to nipples) Nickels? They're not shiny, they're NOT nickels, but they kinda look like them....

Rolly-eyes. ;)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

What darling Knikki *hereafter referred to as DK* didn't tell you is that she showed up with a bag of treats!! BA messed up my gluten-free meal so I had had nothing but salad all day and DK has food!!

It was so nice to meet her and she is just as wonderful in person.

HEY!! I got a new moniker!!!

....but Jess is exaggerating!

T'was my 'cOeliac survival kit' ....mainly full of junk laugh.gif...with an apple thrown in for good measure!! wink.gif

We want a pic here, please!! Fantastic that they actually found each other, too, with all that runnin' back and forth :P Well done, DK!!

Hey Shroomie - t'is me av! (press F5 if still old av)

We are at the most amazing beach, drove all the way out here to see the sunset, which is about to happen! Maddie was swimming with the sea turtles and eels, had to drag her from the water. Conversation went like this:

Me: Maddie, I can see your nipples.

Max: Nickels? Where are her nickels?

Me: No, nipples.

Max: Where?

Me: On your chest.

Max: Right here? (pointing to nipples) Nickels? They're not shiny, they're NOT nickels, but they kinda look like them....

Rolly-eyes. ;)

Stupid shiny Nickels!!!!!

what do we have I wonder??...10pence pieces are too big unsure.gif ...5 pence piece too small. Perhaps a 2 pence piece ..but it's copper coloUred! blink.giflaugh.gif

Archived