This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

kareng Grand Master

A week or so after declaring bankruptcy, this cartoon of a couple, spent $60,000 on new furniture because they were going to lose all the other furniture in the bankruptcy auction. If I do something this kooky, you have my permission to make fun of me.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn210 Enthusiast

Patti, Did you sell your house? . . . did the real estate company do a buyout? . . . do Mark's company do a buyout? . . . can nae remember the details. Did we discuss this? Glad to hear you'r closin' up shop in Texarse and gettin' all yer stuph up to Joisey.

Em . . . I thought they were talkin' about Tea also and then decided it was the Joisey Housewife. (A giant gilded mirror just didn't sound like Tea)

Peter's got some fortitudinal intestines . . . good fer you Peter!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

Patti, Did you sell your house? . . . did the real estate company do a buyout? . . . do Mark's company do a buyout? . . . can nae remember the details. Did we discuss this? Glad to hear you'r closin' up shop in Texarse and gettin' all yer stuph up to Joisey.

Sold it. It was actually a couple who looked at it during one of my open houses last summer! They loved it and looked at a few other homes but always compared them against ours. They came back with an offer around the end of July :)

Darn210 Enthusiast

Sold it. It was actually a couple who looked at it during one of my open houses last summer! They loved it and looked at a few other homes but always compared them against ours. They came back with an offer around the end of July :)

In the terms of your former statesmen . . . YeeHaw!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

YeeHaw!!!

You said it!! It's been a long 5 months....

nikki-uk Enthusiast

I'm telling yer!!... this'll be THE LAST 'Hope you're happy in your New Home' card I send Patti!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wink.gif

laugh.gif

jerseyangel Proficient

I'm telling yer!!... this'll be THE LAST 'Hope you're happy in your New Home' card I send Patti!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wink.gif

laugh.gif

:lol: Tell that to me husband! :lol: This had better be the end of it....since I've know youse guys, I've moved....let's see...4 times! :blink: Darn (sorry Jan-it) good thing I'm always able to take you all wif me :D:wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

:lol: Tell that to me husband! :lol: This had better be the end of it....since I've know youse guys, I've moved....let's see...4 times! :blink: Darn (sorry Jan-it) good thing I'm always able to take you all wif me :D:wub:

We pack well, don't we?

Darn210 Enthusiast

I'm just thankful that she doesn't ask us to help pack and load furniture.

By the way, did I mention that we bought a house?? . . . OK, OK . . . so it's the same house that we bought last time . . . we refinanced and are doing a 15 year loan so at least we chopped about 7 years off the amount of time it will take us to pay this puppy off . . . and there is no packing or lifting of furniture involved.

mushroom Proficient

By the way, did I mention that we bought a house?? . . . OK, OK . . . so it's the same house that we bought last time . . . we refinanced and are doing a 15 year loan so at least we chopped about 7 years off the amount of time it will take us to pay this puppy off . . . and there is no packing or lifting of furniture involved.

I approve of thinking like this ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

We pack well, don't we?

You really do! Pretty soon, you'll all jump into me computer again and off we'll go :D

Rates are so good now too! Great "move", Jan-it! :)

elye Community Regular

May pack up my kitchen and forget where all the pans are to avoid everyone at Thanksgiving.

Just place a couple of sofas, lazy boy recliners and stacked double beds in the kitchen doorway, and around your dining room. They'll never get in to eat, so you won't need to cook a thing! :rolleyes:

You said it!! It's been a long 5 months....

SoOOoooO great that you're almost there, Paghteeigh.... . .! :D

kareng Grand Master

Just place a couple of sofas, lazy boy recliners and stacked double beds in the kitchen doorway, and around your dining room. They'll never get in to eat, so you won't need to cook a thing! :rolleyes:

Good plan! For the last several years, my mom is too crippled up to cook, my sister has had a broken oven (parents gave her money for a new one 2 years ago for Xmas) so most of the cooking, cleaning, etc is left to my family. I'm lucky that everyone can cook and even the boys will make the desserts or help. Now that I have to eat gluten-free, I don't want anyone bringing food in. They don't get the CC risk of 30 year old pans & cutting boards. Now I will always have to do my husbands side, too. We used to alternate with the brother in town. Maybe between the furniture blockades and really bad gluten-free food, people will leave me alone! Will just serve pickles, lettuce and that god-awful Energeze (sp?) tapioca bread!

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Hi everybody!!!! I know I've been a horribly unattentive psillie, I really do mean to get in here more. My boyfriends been filling our free time with lots of stuff like kayaking and trips to family and friends, so I haven't had any time on the weekends and I'm usually too busy during the week.

I'm here now because I've got shingles!!!! All over my face!! Around my eye, cheek, lips, ear and all over my left scalp. Shingles SUCKS. And my employers don't want me anywhere near their customers, duh. I've got Vicodin for the pain, works pretty good. It's taken about 80% of the pain away, and makes me a little happy/fuzzy, which I don't mind. The biggest problem with shingles is the pain, it's in my jaw and ear and up my head and down my neck. The rash is annoying, but compared with that bout with poison sumac last year it ain't a big deal. I just feel bad for my boyfriend, I don't look very pretty right now......

What are you guys up to? I see Patee's FINALLY moving, yay!! Is Jess still burning the candle at both ends? Have we solved Skeeters vomiting puzzle? That was Skeeter, right? My Vicodin brain can't think of anything else.... be back tomorrow, since I won't be at work!!!

mushroom Proficient

Yeay, we had a Bun-Bun visit. Gosh, so sorry to hear about your shingles, that's horrible :o , but enjoy the Vicodin fluzzies :D

You missed the international psilly psummit between Jess and Knick at Heathrow - yep, Jess is akshually on vacation in Spain where she will remain mainly in the plane plain and stay out of the rain and not get hit by a train while she's raisin' Kane cane Cain. :blink:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

OMG.. .. . .unsure.gif . . I thought youse guys were talking about our Psillie Theresa (Tuhreeeeesuh). .. ...I was frantically trying to remember if we had heard that T was auctioning off all of her life's belongings, having declared bankruptcy.. . ..I even rushed over to Da Book and checked out her profile page. unsure.gifrolleyes.gif .. . .. . . ....Thank gawd, I was remiss.. . ...!

Gear gawd, mehopes none of these folks were celiac... . . . ...Hell, I accidentally ingest gluten, I absolutely do NOT want large furniture pieces blocking me way to the bathroom .. . . .. . ..dry.gif

Gawd no! We would never openly discuss and joke about this happening normally, but the show is all about these people putting themselves "out there" so to speak. Teresa (in the show) makes a grand display of spending thousands of dollars in a typical shopping trip to buy furniture for her 10,000 sq. ft. home or clothes for her daughters and then it comes out that she and her husband are in the hole for $11 million.

Kind of "reality TV" meets soap opera wink.gif

A week or so after declaring bankruptcy, this cartoon of a couple, spent $60,000 on new furniture because they were going to lose all the other furniture in the bankruptcy auction. If I do something this kooky, you have my permission to make fun of me.

These posts were cracking me up..........thanks for the laugh you guys!

laugh.gif Tell that to me husband! laugh.gif This had better be the end of it....since I've know youse guys, I've moved....let's see...4 times! blink.gif Darn (sorry Jan-it) good thing I'm always able to take you all wif me biggrin.gifwub.gif

4 times............holy moly..........I bet you get the gold start or trophy

I'm just thankful that she doesn't ask us to help pack and load furniture.

congrats Janet

Hi everybody!!!! I know I've been a horribly unattentive psillie, I really do mean to get in here more. My boyfriends been filling our free time with lots of stuff like kayaking and trips to family and friends, so I haven't had any time on the weekends and I'm usually too busy during the week.

I'm here now because I've got shingles!!!! All over my face!! Around my eye, cheek, lips, ear and all over my left scalp. Shingles SUCKS. And my employers don't want me anywhere near their customers, duh. I've got Vicodin for the pain, works pretty good. It's taken about 80% of the pain away, and makes me a little happy/fuzzy, which I don't mind. The biggest problem with shingles is the pain, it's in my jaw and ear and up my head and down my neck. The rash is annoying, but compared with that bout with poison sumac last year it ain't a big deal. I just feel bad for my boyfriend, I don't look very pretty right now......

Now this post isn't a tad funny. I sure hope you can find some relief

Darn210 Enthusiast

Judy and Bunnie posting on the same page!!! How's about them apples??!!!

Hi ya guys.

Bunnie, so sorry about the shingles. Dope yerselph up real good and start typing like Jess under the influence and we'll see if we can figger it out.

Skeeter's vomitousness went into remission over the summer . . . hmmmmmm . . . with one incident that occurred at day camp . . . hmmmmm. The school nurse asked me to get a note from the doctor asking for a gluten free classroom (kids are allowed to bring in peanut free snacks). I obliged even though I was reluctant for Skeeter to be named the bad guy. The nurse took it to the principal and actually got snacks banned from all the classrooms . . . which is good . . . and Skeeter's name was not used . . . which is better. It's now just a general policy due to "too many alergies in the classrooms to have to keep track of safe snacks".

kareng Grand Master

Hi Bunnie! I was wondering about you. Sorry about the shingles. Do post indoor the influence. Trying to decipher it will be like a game.

Glad we could bring a little laughter to Judy's day!

I never had reactions to much of anything allergic like. But I did find that some of the cleaning liquids used in public places would burn/ itch my skin. I wonder if there is something they clean with at school that could be bothering Skeeter.

elye Community Regular

Oh, Buhgnee.. . . . . . ....shingles. :( I'm so sorry to hear you're hung up with this.... ..DH was afflicted about ten years ago -- 'twas not fun.

Speaking of skin afflictions, why is it that no one ever seems to get boils or carbuncles anymore? I remember my dad talking about having them as a kid, and how they were not uncommon in my grandparents' age..... . ..have they gone the way of the dodo?

...... . . . . ...Or perhaps I'm simply not fraternizing with boil-prone peeps.. . . ..... :huh:

:rolleyes:

Oh, Buhgnee.. . . . . . ....shingles. :( I'm so sorry to hear you're hung up with this.... ..DH was afflicted about ten years ago -- 'twas not fun.

Speaking of skin afflictions, why is it that no one ever seems to get boils or carbuncles anymore? I remember my dad talking about having them as a kid, and how they were not uncommon in my grandparents' age..... . ..have they gone the way of the dodo?

...... . . . . ...Or perhaps I'm simply not fraternizing with boil-prone peeps.. . . ..... :huh:

:rolleyes:

I've had boils! Much less painful than shingles.

I was actually typing under the influence earlier, Vicodin only makes me a little fuzzy. I was honestly hoping for a lot more fuzzy, I'm pretty darn drug resistant. I was hoping for something to lay me out flat. But 80% pain reduction sure ain't bad, thinking I might add Advil, see if that combo helps, or go back and forth, we'll see. I guess all the girls at work went and Googled shingles when they found out I had it and they all feel so bad for me now.... It was awfully sweet. My GM doesn't want me in there oozing on customers, so I may be stuck at home til this blows over anyway, which is FINE with me. I'm ok financially for a few weeks, and I was not thrilled at the prospect of having to work through this pain, I'll tell ya. I'm gonna sit home and watch my Netflix and eat squishy foods, since I can't chew.... Wish I could justify a pint of Haagen Dazs...........

kareng Grand Master

You feel sooooo very awful. It's hard to eat. Really the best food to treat shingles is premium ice cream. I'm sure I saw a medical study on that. Yes, it was 3 separate studies now that I think about it. Sorry, I can't find them right now to reference them. Trust me. ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

my sister has had a broken oven (parents gave her money for a new one 2 years ago for Xmas)

Methinks she spent the oven money on sumphin else so youse guys would have to keep doin' the cooking?

We always had holidays, phamily partys, etc at our house when we still lived in our hometown--it took moving away to another state to get us off the hook :lol:

Hi everybody!!!!

Hi Bun-knee!! Ugh--so sorry 'bout the shingles, they sound miserable :( Take good care of yerselph and tune in here fer chuckles.

You missed the international psilly psummit between Jess and Knick at Heathrow - yep, Jess is akshually on vacation in Spain where she will remain mainly in the plane plain and stay out of the rain and not get hit by a train while she's raisin' Kane cane Cain. :blink:

Thanks Shroom--now I have "The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain" tune from "My Fair Lady" stuck in me 'ead! :lol: (One of me favorite musicals ;))

Judy and Bunnie posting on the same page!!! How's about them apples??!!!

Tis so nice to have them poop in!

Good deal about the new snack policy--and that Skeeter's name was left out of it :)

Speaking of skin afflictions, why is it that no one ever seems to get boils or carbuncles anymore?

<snort> I had a carbuncle removed from me hairline a couple years ago--actually 3 of them :ph34r: The derm had a long, $5 name for them, but said that that is what they are sometimes refered to....he froze them off.

You feel sooooo very awful. It's hard to eat. Really the best food to treat shingles is premium ice cream. I'm sure I saw a medical study on that. Yes, it was 3 separate studies now that I think about it. Sorry, I can't find them right now to reference them. Trust me. ;)

Yep--I know I read that same study too!! Get thee a couple pints of Hagan Das--toot de sweet! :D

kareng Grand Master

Methinks she spent the oven money on sumphin else so youse guys would have to keep doin' the cooking?

My thought exactly! The stove top burners work and the microwave is separate & works. It just means that its hard to cook a turkey or rolls, etc for a family dinner. Last Xmas, not knowing my parents had given them the money for an oven 2 years before, I offered to get them a nice convection/toaster oven thingie. Sis didn't want that.

My Thanksgiving plan was to go to Disney but because of school stuff, we went this summer. :unsure:

So I remembered the Coconut Dream stuff? The stuff the Soy Delicious people make out of coconut milk that's made with agave instead of sugar! I get to have that instead of Haagen Dazs! My mother's bringing some over along with refried beans (tasty and squishy and nutritious with cheese) and some frozen spinach for soup. Hopefully I won't starve. It's hard to get up the chutzpah to eat when I have to get past the huge nasty bubble on my lip and the pain in my jaw. I've been making protein shakes and squishy eggs but at some point I will need meat......

So I talked to my work again today and apparently there's at least two people that never had the chickpox. Geez, what kinda parents do these people have? :) :)

By the way- thanks you guys. You are all so completely awesome, and I couldn't ask for better friends, near or far away like you all are. It's made me feel so much better to have people to talk to.

Archived