This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

kareng Grand Master

Karreighn--were we separated at birf, er sumphin? :o:D

Probably!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
curlyfries Contributor

C'mon, psills! We gotta post some pirate paraphrenalia worth really lookin' at.. .. . . . . ...... .

1180121768_johnny_depp.webp

I was gonna post me picture of hubby and I in our pirate duds but canna remember how to do it :(

Oh well.....too late anywho.

....but Em's picture is worth posting again, so it's all good :)

Sooooo......Jesssss.....we get that you've had 2 nice dates with Blue Eyes, but......

What do you think about him?

How does he make you feel?

C'mon.......inquiring minds want to know! ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

Leesiguh!!! :D Where you been girl? How's yer arm?

I remember that pic of you and Brian as pirates--twas great!

kareng Grand Master

I was gonna post me picture of hubby and I in our pirate duds but canna remember how to do it :(

It's never too late to post pics of a psilly in pirate regalia!

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Her favorite soup isn't potato is it? That would be really spooky.

Its hard on FB because I feel I have to be brief. I know girls are different than boys but I think some things translate. About 3rd or 4th grade, my kids wanted more say in thier lives.

I'm totally wif ya. I think I really do a good job about picking my battles with them and letting certain things slide. I am a bit of a neat freak, but as far as their rooms and playroom go, I'm not too much of a stickler. I am very strict about homework though. She gets her homework pkt on Monday and all is due by Friday, so we figure out what can be done each night so that she's not overwhelmed or working on it for hours on end. If she wants to work ahead, that's fine with me.

I try to be respectful to lead as example and in turn, I expect them to do the same. We all have bad days, and I totally understand that. If she had asked me to stay up later without thowing a massive tantrum, like it was her right to stay up if she wanted to, I may have made a different decision, but I had to say no. I also try to be very consistant with punishment, but make compromises if possible. Like last night--'no you may not stay up because of your behavior, but if you can get everything done tomorrow night, I'll give you an extra half an hour then' If that's not good enough for her, then I will rescend my offer and go from there. I think normally I'm pretty fair. Normally, she doesn't act like a bat outta hell either :blink::lol:

curlyfries Contributor

Leesiguh!!! :D Where you been girl? How's yer arm?

Slowly getting better :)

Physical Therapy is now twice a week, but I'm also trying to get in Zumba twice a week. Went out on our boat for the first time in 2 years, but stayed in the boat, pulling Brian around on the knee board and making sure he gets around on the boat and getting back IN the boat without hurting himself :ph34r:

I can hail a taxi, show disapproval with hands on hips (well, with a little effort), but can't point to that thing back there. I can sign 'a long time ago', but not 'boss'. I still can't hook my bra like normal people or SCRATCH THAT ITCH NEAR MY RIGHT SHOULDER BLADE!!! :angry:

or SCRATCH THAT ITCH NEAR MY RIGHT SHOULDER BLADE!!! :angry:

OMG!!!! I've been having that itch all freakin day!!!! If I was there, I'd scratch yers if yous scratched mine ;):P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

if you can get everything done tomorrow night, I'll give you an extra half an hour then' If that's not good enough for her, then I will rescend my offer and go from there. I think normally I'm pretty fair. Normally, she doesn't act like a bat outta hell either :blink::lol:

If that's not good enough, I'm prepared to make you another offer. 1/2 hr earlier? Hub does that to the boys. I need 30 minutes of help with the yard work. 20 minutes, Dad? Ok 45!

Jestgar Rising Star

OK, now I'm asking dating advice from people who have been married since time began, but you are the most knowledgeable group of people I know so....

When we said goodbye last night he said something about getting together again soon. I emailed him today just saying thank you and how much fun it was and how I hoped we could swap travel stories again soon. He replied with 'yes, let's do this again soon'.

Now, does this mean I'm supposed to propose a time and place? Or do I wait and let him pursue? I never did understand these rules. :huh:

kareng Grand Master

Now, does this mean I'm supposed to propose a time and place? Or do I wait and let him pursue? I never did understand these rules. :huh:

He probably doesn't either. :P

Keeping in mind that I have been married 25 years as of Oct 5, this is what I would probably do. You will have to judge if he seemed interested at the dinner. If you think he is, I would wait 3-4 days, maybe a week then suggest a date. Is there something you could ask him to do with you like go to a play or art fair?

Lisa Mentor

OK, now I'm asking dating advice from people who have been married since time began, but you are the most knowledgeable group of people I know so....

When we said goodbye last night he said something about getting together again soon. I emailed him today just saying thank you and how much fun it was and how I hoped we could swap travel stories again soon. He replied with 'yes, let's do this again soon'.

If you don't hear from the guy, time to move on....she says out of the blue. B)

....poop in to say "hi". Hi!

If that's not good enough, I'm prepared to make you another offer. 1/2 hr earlier? Hub does that to the boys. I need 30 minutes of help with the yard work. 20 minutes, Dad? Ok 45!

You mean if they argue on time, like working 20 min instead of dad's proposed time of 30, then he makes them work for 45?! That's AWESOME!!!

Max does that with cookies--"Mom, can I have 5 cookies?" "No Max, how about 2?" With a twinkle in his eye, he looks at me with sad eyes, "OK, I guess 2 is ok...." Then runs off happily :lol::lol:

If you don't hear from the guy, time to move on....she says out of the blue. B)

Yeah, I might have to agree.... Seen the movie 'He's Just Not That Into You?"...

Jestgar Rising Star

I haven't, but it makes sense. And I'd like to be chaste chased anyway.

kareng Grand Master

Just be careful not to run too fast!

kareng Grand Master

You mean if they argue on time, like working 20 min instead of dad's proposed time of 30, then he makes them work for 45?! That's AWESOME!!!

Max does that with cookies--"Mom, can I have 5 cookies?" "No Max, how about 2?" With a twinkle in his eye, he looks at me with sad eyes, "OK, I guess 2 is ok...." Then runs off happily :lol::lol:

Also works like this: you can have $30 for new football gloves. Anything more, you put in the money. Can I have $40? OK, $25.

A side note is that if you cannot reasonably get the gloves for less than $45, ask Dad to go look at them with you. When he sees this, he will up the amount but not for the $90 gloves.

Outsmarting children can be exhausting! :lol:

mushroom Proficient

Just heading off to get a toof implanted. They said they'll sedate me, but I'm wearing my brown pants anyway :lol:

It's funny. It follows a bunch of different dating people in this new technology age. There's a lot of bluntness going on, which I wish my friends had done for me when I was dating. Woulda saved me a TON of time and tears :rolleyes:

Outsmarting children can be exhausting! :lol:

And fun!!! I'm getting more creative by the day!

Max didn't want to come home from daycare yesterday so I made this elaborate plan for him on how he could stay at the school, where he could sleep, what he could eat... He just looked at me like I was crazy. I asked him if I could have a hug good-bye which confused him even more. Finally, when I was walking away telling him to 'have fun', he ran after me, still looking at me like I was crazy ;)

Just heading off to get a toof implanted. They said they'll sedate me, but I'm wearing my brown pants anyway :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Have phun...?:huh: And good luck :D

jerseyangel Proficient

I can hail a taxi, show disapproval with hands on hips (well, with a little effort), but can't point to that thing back there. I can sign 'a long time ago', but not 'boss'. I still can't hook my bra like normal people or SCRATCH THAT ITCH NEAR MY RIGHT SHOULDER BLADE!!! :angry:

Baby steps, Leesiguh :rolleyes: Glad to hear things are slowly improving.

Or do I wait and let him pursue?

Yep--and I wouldn't count him out just yet. Everyone has their own pace ;)

Keep in mind that I haven't dated since 1974 B)

Shroomie! Definitely wear the brown pants--better be safe than sorry :lol: Hope all goes smoothly and comfortably :)

Jestgar Rising Star

My new house mate starting Saturday morning :)WA325.16319249-1-pn.webp

jerseyangel Proficient

So...just got home from Bed Bath and Beyond--wanted to get a bed skirt for The Bed. Had a lightening storm on the way home--came outta nowhere :o Heat lightening wif jagged lightening and pouring rain.

Me hair looks like I stuck me phinger in an electrical socket :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

OMG!!! I want him! or her?

Does the wee one have a name yet?

elye Community Regular

If you don't hear from the guy, time to move on...

Yes, I would wait to hear from him, but not for too long. Put on your Nikes, get ready for the chase, but be prepared to untie them, throw them off and continue along the dating path, barefoot and ready for new encounters with fellow runners...

Don't think you'll need to be sporting brown pants at any point... . . .. .. ..:unsure:At least, I HOPE not.......

Shroooomie's getting a new toof! Gawd, don't think YOU'LL need brown pants, just a pair with mighty deep pockets. I still canna believe what I hadda pay for my implant (tooth, not breast).. . . . . . ..man, I paid that oral surgeon's rent for a few months, to be sure.... :blink::angry:

A Leeeesargh sighting! Hope you're scratching everywhere soon! ;)

OMG!!! I want him! or her?

Does the wee one have a name yet?

Me too!!! Man I wish my boys weren't deathly allergic to cats! :rolleyes:

curlyfries Contributor

OMG!!!! I've been having that itch all freakin day!!!! If I was there, I'd scratch yers if yous scratched mine ;):P

Hmmmmm.......do you have fingernails?

I don't know what the dating rules are nowadays, but if you want to be persued, wait it out. You've let him know you're interested in another date. The ball is in his court. I gotta feelin he'll come through ;)

....poop in to say "hi". Hi!

Hi Lisa!!!!

Long time no see!

Yikes! *cha-ching*$$$$$ I've got 2 that need to be done. I'm waiting til I win the lottery or sumphin'. <_<

Max didn't want to come home from daycare yesterday so I made this elaborate plan for him on how he could stay at the school, where he could sleep, what he could eat... He just looked at me like I was crazy. I asked him if I could have a hug good-bye which confused him even more. Finally, when I was walking away telling him to 'have fun', he ran after me, still looking at me like I was crazy ;)

Awesome! I see where Max gets his talent of clever manipulation! ;)

Awwwwww......so purty!!!! What's his/her name?

Archived