This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient

Just watching Larry King....can nae believe Saturday Night Live has been on fer 36 years! :o

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mushroom Proficient

.can nae believe Saturday Night Live has been on fer 36 years! :o

That can't be right - I'm not that old!

On the other hand......

just took the RealAge test and they told me not to worry about my real age, just count my blessings I'm still here :lol:

Hey, I'm not dead yet.

kareng Grand Master

I'm afraid to take the real age test. I' m sure I'm at least 73.

elye Community Regular

hmmm, it told me I need to eat more grains.

... .. This is my MIL talking, staring at me across the kitchen table, eyes narrowed, lips in a thin line... . . . ...<_<

.... I need to get a dog and to spend more time on myself.

.. . ..Well, two things MIL would never say to me.. .. .. :rolleyes:

OMG. . . .. ....DD just came running up the stairs. She's come from her bedroom where she was lying in bed, browsing through FB on her ipod. There is apparently an application within FB called "Nearby Places", and it shows you, quite literally, commercial shops, restaurants and places of interest that are within a few miles' radius of where you are. She typed in our address and waited for a list.

Up came the gas station on the corner, the nearby college, the nearby museum, and at the bottom of the list.... . . . ...

"My bed".

:huh:

:lol:

She leaped out of her bed, yelling all the way up the stairs "Aaaaaaagh! How did it know I was in my BED??!"

:unsure:

How DID it know?

She is in the kitchen now. .. . . ... ..we'll see what listing comes up. . .... :rolleyes:

elye Community Regular

GAH!

The bottom listing is now "My Kitchen".. . . ....!!!

:blink:

WHOT IN HELL?

Gotta go check this app out.. . . . .......but NOT whilst I'm goin' to the bathroom.. . . . .....

Jestgar Rising Star

*snort!* Or in someone else's bed.

jerseyangel Proficient

How DID it know?

:o Woah! Just how did it know???? :unsure:

If I can phigure it out, I gotta try this on me IPod....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular

Gahhhh, it is even MORE creepy.. . . ..... . :unsure:.. . .

DD has just informed me that, in fact you do NOT type in any location. Um, it just knows from where you are searching........

There is obviously a type of embedded GPS er sumfin'... . .. .:huh: ...

But OMG.... .. .. ..it knows. Where. I. AM. In. My. House.

Who is running this thing, anyways? They got li'l cameras? Li'l spies??. . .. .....

kareng Grand Master

Gahhhh, it is even MORE creepy.. . . ..... . :unsure:.. . .

DD has just informed me that, in fact you do NOT type in any location. Um, it just knows from where you are searching........

There is obviously a type of embedded GPS er sumfin'... . .. .:huh: ...

But OMG.... .. .. ..it knows. Where. I. AM. In. My. House.

Who is running this thing, anyways? They got li'l cameras? Li'l spies??. . .. .....

Tried to find in on da book. I couldn't find it and it's not finding me! :P

jerseyangel Proficient

I could nae phind it either....

kareng Grand Master

I see a reverse application for this "finder". My boys have gps to locate the phones but it only tells me approximately which house they are in. Using this technology from fb, it could tell me "in girls bed" " in garage beer fridge" "in basement playing video games cause they couldn't get any girls or beer"

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Yeah, i've seen the 'find places' but have declined thus far (only certain browsers are doing it so far)

Do I really want the world to know where I am?? unsure.gif ....must look into this...

Open Original Shared Link

OK,.... you know how you can get complacent about the whole gluten-free thing, and kind of forget how serious it was (IS)??

Tel (for the first time since dx ....oh 6 yrs ago) tried REAL porridge oats yesterday (not millet!)

They were verified gluten-free - grown AND milled seperately from any wheat source.

Less than 5 ppm.

Holy heck - NEVER have I seen such an extreme reaction ohmy.gif

2 hrs after he got the 'fire hydrants'

...then the vomiting like the exorcist started sad.gif (Just tell me if it's tmi!)

I have read for some cOeliacs, their immune system mistakes the protein 'Avenin' in oats as Gluten?

He's ok today - just a lingering headache wacko.gif

THE most extreme reaction Iz EVAH seen in him!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

Oye Nik--for Tel, the oats were probably the same as eating a bowl of wheat and thus the dramatic reaction. :( He's one of the unlucky ones (as am I) who can nae tolerate oats--even the pure kind. This condition is so freakin frustrating sometimes....what works fer one doesn't necessarily work for another <_<

Hope he pheels better as the day goes on :)

elye Community Regular

Gnick! Poor Tel... . . . . ....how awful for the two of you. I seem okay with oats labelled gluten-free....I'm a lucky one. But I think DH reacts to them, so I cannot be throwing them into baking recipes, hamburger, etc. :angry:

Hmm...... .. wonder if FB Places could tell me where my keys and/or sunglasses are? Or where in hell those two socks are, the ones that are mates to those odd two that came out of this morning's wash... . . . . . ...

<_<

Darn210 Enthusiast

Hmm...... .. wonder if FB Places could tell me where my keys and/or sunglasses are? Or where in hell those two socks are, the ones that are mates to those odd two that came out of this morning's wash... . . . . . ...

<_<

Ummmm . . . :unsure: . . . I think they are here . . . We have many many socks here that don't match anything.

kareng Grand Master

We have a black ankle style men's sock with 3 small white stripes. No one in our family has ever had any like this. Does it belong to you?

elye Community Regular

We have a black ankle style men's sock with 3 small white stripes. No one in our family has ever had any like this. Does it belong to you?

OMG. . . . . . .... ... . ..

No, I do not have the mate to this sock.. . . . ..however, FB Places told me that it is behind your couch.

Then it went on to tell me that this pair of socks belongs to Angela's boyfriend (our urinating friend, I assume).

Facebook can be an amazing place, methinks!

kareng Grand Master

OMG. . . . . . .... ... . ..

No, I do not have the mate to this sock.. . . . ..however, FB Places told me that it is behind your couch.

Then it went on to tell me that this pair of socks belongs to Angela's boyfriend (our urinating friend, I assume).

Facebook can be an amazing place, methinks!

Angela never responded. :(

If she thinks I'm odd, what kinda person puts a pee jug on the Internet?

elye Community Regular

Angela never responded. :(

If she thinks I'm odd, what kinda person puts a pee jug on the Internet?

Well, I think we know why she has not responded NOW..... . ... .. ..hell, her boyfriend's sock is behind your couch! Now, wouldn't anybody be just a little...well... .... ... . . suspicious? Somewhat....reluctant to befriend a woman who is in possession of their partner's thrown-off apparel?

Kherrighnne, you need to message her - - explain everything. Whatever the story is... . .no one here needs to know. Just mend the fences.

And since she is in Newfoundland, you can courier her the boyfriend's sock inexpensively. He may really want it back.

kareng Grand Master

Well, I think we know why she has not responded NOW..... . ... .. ..hell, her boyfriend's sock is behind your couch! Now, wouldn't anybody be just a little...well... .... ... . . suspicious? Somewhat....reluctant to befriend a woman who is in possession of their partner's thrown-off apparel?

Kherrighnne, you need to message her - - explain everything. Whatever the story is... . .no one here needs to know. Just mend the fences.

And since she is in Newfoundland, you can courier her the boyfriend's sock inexpensively. He may really want it back.

I'm afraid if message her again, she will call the police, or FBI or who ever is in charge of international cyber stalking. Thank goodness this web site never erases any old posts. I can show them we were all in this together! Think we could be cell mates? :huh:

mushroom Proficient

Sheesh, glad I didn't get involved in this international crime ring :unsure:

elye Community Regular

All right. Let's look at this photo again.

3901006067_56e8551a64.webp

Now, WHAT is that black thing in the lower left corner? Look closely... . ... . .....

It's a sock.

Methinks a short, man's sock.

What does this mean??

elye Community Regular

Wait....it's a fairly big black pile......it is a pair of black socks.

So I think that FB Places is full of crap.... . . .. . .in fact, that errant black sock behind your couch, Kherrighnne, does NOT belong to Angela's boyfriend. He's got both of them! We can clearly see them, in Angela's hospital room. He must have been visiting her, and took his socks off to trim his nails.

Gawd, I'm SO glad I figured all this out.

:huh:

Jestgar Rising Star

I'm afraid if message her again, she will call the police, or FBI or who ever is in charge of international cyber stalking.

FaceBookInvestigations?

jerseyangel Proficient

Sheesh, glad I didn't get involved in this international crime ring :unsure:

Jeesh--me too :o

Although, I am greatly amused by all the FBI/sock talk :P

Well pholks.....so much fer a brand new apartment :angry: :angry: :angry: The dryer isn't working right and we got home tonight and the fridge/freezer wasn't working. Had to toss some stuff and Mark took some to his office where there is a fridge. I'm mopping up the soggy mess now <_<

Not the only screw up, we phound out today either. They got some 'splanin to do....

Archived