This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient
:ph34r: Just gonna say, this doesn't really work. Too much bulk in the tube.

Why Miss Jess!! :o:P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jestgar Rising Star
Why Miss Jess!! :o:P

:lol:

My wild youth

jerseyangel Proficient

My wild youth

I can dig it :lol::P

Darn210 Enthusiast
Gian-knit .. ..I know it's probably still a sore point & maybe I shouldn't bring it up, but it is a bit funny/sad that when Smack&Skeeter trick-or-treated, Skeeter got candy and Smack often <low monotone> "got a rock".

:lol::lol:

I have to tell you . . . and I swear this is the truth . . . not like Emily at all . . . Shortly after reading your post, Smack said . . . I swear he did . . . "Good Grief" . . . :lol::lol::lol::lol: . . . I've never noticed that before. I wonder if he's been using this phrase and I never noticed till now??

Jess!!! . . . :o:o:lol: . . . must now go roll up a dollar bill and check it's "bulk". . . :lol:

psawyer Proficient

Okay, Jess, maybe I misunderstood the circumstances. But Benjamin and cocaine go together. Maybe it is just because a lot of his portraits change hands in the course of commerce involving cocaine. :wacko:

In my youth, I never even had a $100 bill to do anyfing wif. Never had one. :(

I would offer a Susie-style *snort* at this point, but with the current context it would be badly misconstrued. :ph34r:

Darn210 Enthusiast
I would offer a Susie-style *snort* at this point, but with the current context it would be badly misconstrued.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: <------You scored a 10 outta 10 Peter!!!

Jestgar Rising Star
Okay, Jess, maybe I misunderstood the circumstances. But Benjamin and cocaine go together. Maybe it is just because a lot of his portraits change hands in the course of commerce involving cocaine. :wacko:

That I would believe. I don't think those guys take credit cards. Or checks. :unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elye Community Regular
and thanks again for being such good friends, I love you guys and I couldnt do it without you all!!!! ((((HUGS))))

:wub::wub:

We've really missed you, Amanda, the last few days - - your name has come up all the time. You can get back to some sense of normalcy, now, at work and home. . . .and that, of course, means getting back into Spsillyville! :)

Gosh, I missed all the great conversation last eve regarding bulky tubes.... . . .. :lol::huh:

Jess!!! . . . . . . must now go roll up a dollar bill and check it's "bulk". . . :lol:

Yes....I wonder if the bills have different thicknesses.

Some bit of trivia knocking about in the depths of me brain and suddenly surfacing: Apparently, the best item to fashion into a tube to use for snorting cocaine is one of those square, yellow post-it notes. Guess ya hafta make sure the sticky stuff is completely covered.... . ..

SO! Sophie's team won BOTH games yesterday - - 3 - 1 and 2 - 0. Soph got the MVP award for the second game. :):) The tourney is in Cornwall, about 80 minutes west of here, so she and her dad stayed overnight there last night and I got the reports. They have a buy into the semi-final at 1:00 today, and then possibly the gold medal game at 5:00.

Exciting! But SOOOO stressful to sit and watch -- hilarious, really....I pace about, covering my eyes when the other team is buzzing around Sophie. I'll be out of my mind if they make it into the final and I'm sitting in that arena .. . . screaming, flailing about. . . .....

AH!! Should wear me Zulu garb. . . .....

jerseyangel Proficient
AH!! Should wear me Zulu garb. . . .....

Why yes! I'm sure Sophie would love that--and I'm sure it wouldn't be distracting to her in the least! :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I have to tell you . . . and I swear this is the truth . . . not like Emily at all . . . Shortly after reading your post, Smack said . . . I swear he did . . . "Good Grief" . . . . I've never noticed that before. I wonder if he's been using this phrase and I never noticed till now??

:lol: It's so.......Charlie Brown!

I would offer a Susie-style *snort* at this point, but with the current context it would be badly misconstrued. :ph34r:

OMG :lol: good one Pieter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Sophie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, Zulu garb, and see if you can get down to the ice somehow, walk around a bit. :P

sillies - why am I awake???? :huh:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Sillies.........had a sobbing breakdown this morning over what a..........ridiculous sort of gluten-brained eejit I have been all my life................. :(:( And how my maniacal (I could not control it :( ) bombast has ruined so many things.....

When will it end? Because.......I was an idiot (not generally bombastic or strident at all any more but - ridiculously chatty) last weekend at these new friends' house who invited me over....been in mourning all week over it......my old friend mania made an appearance and I simply could not cram in enough WORDS PER MINUTE...............GAWD :huh:

sheesh, that was deep. :blink:

anywho, pondered not ever going to my newfound church again, but, am making an attempt this morning. Borrowing Em's zulu outfit so as to be in disguise, and not draw any attention to self :lol:

Anywho, the actual purpose of my poop-in this moment, urgent matter - -

I have four over-ripe bananas that MUST be made into something delish, or they will be thrown out.

sillies what is the BEST and most foolproof banana bread recipe? The thought of baking just disheartens and bores me to the point of catatonic rage <_< but.....hate to throw them out.

carry on............

I'll check back later and there had BETTER be sumfin good and easy posted

OR ELSE

jerseyangel Proficient

Suz,

If you can get yer hands on a box of Ener-G Rice Flour (they carry it in one of my reg. supermarkets)--make the banana bread recipe on the back of the box. No lie--I've tried at least a half dozen gluten-free banana bread recipes from the fancy gluten-free cookbooks, and this one is the best. Tastes like the old glutenated kind :P

It takes only 2 bananas, but you know that you can peel the fruit and freeze it. I do this, just peel and put 2 bananas per package and phreeze. I think they actually make better B. bread after they're frozen, cuz they get soft and juicy.

If you just want the recipe, I'll post or send it to you :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast

And Patti comes through! :lol: my threat must have scared you :P

Padt, does that flour contain other things besides rice flour? I have so many flours here....but I CAN pop by Whole Paycheck on my way home and pick up the box if it has magic ingredients ;)

jerseyangel Proficient
And Patti comes through! :lol: my threat must have scared you :P

Padt, does that flour contain other things besides rice flour? I have so many flours here....but I CAN pop by Whole Paycheck on my way home and pick up the box if it has magic ingredients ;)

No need to do that if you have rice four--let me get the recipe and I'll post it now since we are going out for a while. That way, you'll have it. Be right back......

jerseyangel Proficient

Banana Bread

2 large eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1 cup sugar

1/4 cup oil

1 and 1/4 cup warm water

2 mashed bananas

1 and 1/2 cups rice flour

1/2 cup Ener-g SoyQuik (I sub potato starch for this--I'm sure cornstarch would be fine also)

1 tsp. xanthan gum

1 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. cinnamon (I leave it out, I like it "traditional")

1/4 tsp nutmeg (ditto)

1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 325.

Whip eggs until frothy. Add the vanilla and sugar, gradually mixing on low speed until batter thickens. Add oil and water and mix well. Add bananas. Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add dry ingredients to the liquids and mix for 30 seconds. Scrape sides and mix for another minute and a half.

Pour batter into a lightly greased 9x5 inch loaf pan and bake for about one hour, or until done. :)

elye Community Regular

Yum!!!. . . . banana bread is me absolute FAVE...... .. I have to limit my banana intake, as they're really sweet, but I do love them.

AND - - I buy them like crazy. . . .ergo, we often have blackish bananas, as my family cannot keep up. :rolleyes: I dislike baking, so rather than always making banana bread, I take the extra bananas, smash them up and stir it into plain yogurt, which I always seem to have. I stir some stevia in as well, and I've got delicious, home-made fruit yogurt that tastes so much better than the crap-filled "fruit" stuff you buy. It lasts forever, too. . . . ..

And no baking!! Sounds like you pheel the same way about this heinous chore as I do, Soooozie! ;)

Mtndog Collaborator

Psusie- ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

and go make ye some ba-na-na-na bread!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub:

elye Community Regular

So phuneee.. . ... :lol::lol: I was just looking at yer excellent Avatars-By-Richard creation, Bev, when I suddenly realized that my current av looks more photoshopped than any creation we've seen on here! I can hear people .. .. .. "Right. . ...... .half-assed cut and paste job.. .. . ...civilized people in war paint, rings in their noses...... .. and trying to make it look like his hand is on her boob". . ... ....

nikki-uk Enthusiast

My wild youth

Jess!!!!

Sillies.........had a sobbing breakdown this morning over what a..........ridiculous sort of gluten-brained eejit I have been all my life................. And how my maniacal (I could not control it :( ) bombast has ruined so many things.....

When will it end? Because.......I was an idiot (not generally bombastic or strident at all any more but - ridiculously chatty) last weekend at these new friends' house who invited me over....been in mourning all week over it......my old friend mania made an appearance and I simply could not cram in enough WORDS PER MINUTE...............GAWD :huh:

sheesh, that was deep.

anywho, pondered not ever going to my newfound church again, but, am making an attempt this morning. Borrowing Em's zulu outfit so as to be in disguise, and not draw any attention to self :lol:

Pseu-zeigh!

Now, YOU may find this hard to believe BUT I LOVE the overly chatty types, am ALWAYS drawn to 'em (come to think of it, most me friends could talk for England!).....I am a born listener

Anyhoo - what I'm trying to say is DON'T assume they (new peeps) were repelled by your exhuberant chattiness - they may have been positively charmed by your banter :) (as I'm sure *I* will be one day when I get the $'s to meet yer ;) )

Beveigh!!! <waving> how're you doing???

So phuneee.. . ... :lol::lol: I was just looking at yer excellent Avatars-By-Richard creation, Bev, when I suddenly realized that my current av looks more photoshopped than any creation we've seen on here!

<snort>!

Ok, NOT touching the Banana bread (cake/sponge?) recipe wiv a BARGE pole as it looks delisciously moist and yummy and CALORIFIC!!!!!!

I'm trying to be really good 'til xmas so I can have a total calorific blow out then :lol:

I should be sewing <groan> ...repairing a few bits (where's me glasses??) but Antiques roadshow is on!!....followed by Strictly come dancing........must....resist......

elye Community Regular

Sooozie, I, too, meant to mention your wonderful manic chattiness, and I think Nikerler's probably right - - you're sensitive about it, and assume that everyone is turned off by lots of words. Well, I'll just bet they were thrilled....really!

It's never, ever, nearly as bad as you perceive it to have been. ;)

I'll take yer crazy machine-gun chatter any day. . . .....and raise ya two paragraphs!

:):)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Banana Bread

PADDEIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

♥♥♥

thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to type that out before yer outing! SAved me a trip to the store, I have all that stuff here.

Now, if YOU would come and make it for me, I'd be so much happier......... :P

And no baking!! Sounds like you pheel the same way about this heinous chore as I do, Soooozie!

harrumph, 'tis a chore indeed, but, the REAL reason I hate baking/following recipes is that it's just so.....mathS-ish :ph34r: and also hits every ADHD nerve.....somehow is quite an effort for me to look at the page, get the stuff, measure it out........look back at the page, find the stuff......follow all these directions..........time things appropriately....fold this into that.......not to mention it's just a crashing bore............

not so far distanced from excel spreadsheets, really, except you hopefully get to eat something good in the end.....

:huh:

Em's photoshopped av - :lol: yeah, if only......but it's REAL!

Pseu-zeigh!

Now, YOU may find this hard to believe BUT I LOVE the overly chatty types, am ALWAYS drawn to 'em (come to think of it, most me friends could talk for England!).....I am a born listener

Anyhoo - what I'm trying to say is DON'T assume they (new peeps) were repelled by your exhuberant chattiness - they may have been positively charmed by your banter (as I'm sure *I* will be one day when I get the $'s to meet yer

Sooozie, I, too, meant to mention your wonderful manic chattiness, and I think Nikerler's probably right - - you're sensitive about it, and assume that everyone is turned off by lots of words. Well, I'll just bet they were thrilled....really!

It's never, ever, nearly as bad as you perceive it to have been.

I'll take yer crazy machine-gun chatter any day. . . .....and raise ya two paragraphs!

:(:) *I* could talk for England on some days......and hate myself for it. I do NOT think they were thrilled.....I really don't.

Thank you my lovely friends for the hugs and encouragement......but, I'm telling you, last Sunday, it was the excitement of: my first friends from my new church (joy at meetign non-drunkards, non-narcissists with morals?? don't find too many of those in me pub-crawling <_< ) with the combination of it being the three of them - the married couple and the wife's best friend, and me, the newcomer. They've known each other ALL OF THEIR stinkin' lives - - so, I was new, and they asked me TOO MANY QUESTIONS and wanted to know everything about me, as much as I kept trying to turn it back onto THEM. and, for some reason I was SO HYPER..........and revealing things I normally NEVER reveal to new people......even gave political views...... :ph34r: <hating self at the thought>

It was the PERFECT STORM for Soozle's maniacal ridiculousness and over-sharing......I really did see a deer-in-the-headlights look on the single gal's face...... :huh:

but - I DID slink into church today..........third week in a row and.......sobbed, as usual. Eveyr time - in this church - I weep and weep..........that hasn't happened in years. SOOOOOOOO glad I went.....

PATTI!!!!!!!!!!!! when can I expect you to be here and make this bread??????????????????????????

bye sillies :wub:

Amanda! thanks for the update, honey - you need some rest ((((HUGS))))))

Mtndog Collaborator

But Suzzle- that's why we LOVE you!!!!!!!!! We love your chattiness, psilliness and everything else about you!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I wish you could come chat me ear off!!!!!!

Jestgar Rising Star
.but, I'm telling you, last Sunday, it was the excitement of: my first friends from my new church (joy at meetign non-drunkards, non-narcissists with morals??

Where do you find people like that???

but - I DID slink into church today..........

Oh right. That sort of place.

curlyfries Contributor

Well........I guess it doesn't look too promising for me, then :( . I am definitely not a chatty person. But I must say that those kind of people really take the pressure off those of us who have naught to say around new people. :huh:

Souczle.........I've always felt I am a closet ADHD :P .......can't follow a task to completion. Sewing is even more problematic than baking.........too much preparation and too many steps to get to the final product :blink: .

DingoGirl Enthusiast
But Suzzle- that's why we LOVE you!!!!!!!!! We love your chattiness, psilliness and everything else about you!!!!!!!

I wish you could come chat me ear off!!!!!!

Oh Bevel :wub:

I would tire you.......and you'd send me out wif Angus to play :lol:

Where do you find people like that???

Oh right. That sort of place.

*snork* :lol: :lol:

p'raps you could toss one a yer tainted hundreds into the offering plate when it goes by?

Souczle.........I've always felt I am a closet ADHD .......can't follow a task to completion. Sewing is even more problematic than baking.........too much preparation and too many steps to get to the final product .

:o

did.............she.............say...........................................SEWING????????????????????

:wacko:

Took a "home-making" class in 7th grade......had sewing projects..........my mom would hear me screaming from upstairs...........I distinctly remember one time, just throwing my whole body in a heap on the floor, sobbing...............

can NOT follow a pattern to save my life.........mygawd.................how CAN anyone?

THAT, my friends, is the NUMBER ONE THING they do in hell. Read patterns, pin fabric, cut fabric, sew it together, measure, see that it is wrong, rip out seams, re-pin, re-sew, measure again......adjust......and finally realized that it is skewed beyond humanity.........throw it out............

.......and start over.

Sisyphean.

*SNORT*

Archived