This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Jestgar Rising Star

Oh the weather outside is frightful

But the phorum is so delightful

And 'though we've miles to go

Let it snaux, Let it snough, Let it snoh

It doesn't show signs of stopping

And I brought some corn soy toast cheese cards for shopping

The lights are about to go

Let it snowe, Let it snoe, Let it snoa

When we finally click goodnight

How I'll hate goin' out from the phor'm

But since you really treat me right

All day at home I'll be warm

The branches are quickly falling

On my roof, outside it's squalling

Me psillies, unbury my home

From the Psnow, From the Snaugh, From the SNOOOOOOOOW

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

Jess!!! Awesome work!! You creative thang, you! :lol:

A guy you don't want as your neighbor

Open Original Shared Link

OMG.....especially if you're prone to migraines. . . . .. :wacko:

This remends me of our neighboUr across the street who moved away two years ago - -a young guy with three little kids, who had a life-sized creche in the middle of his lawn, flashing lights decorating the lean-to roof and Jesus's cradle, complete with Mary, Joseph, the Three Wise men, some sheep and cattle.....overtop was a life-sized Santa flying over with eight reindeer. This scene was hard to make out, however, because he had, at last count, EIGHTEEN enormous (over ten feet tall, I'd say) blow-up characters crowding on the reminder of the lawn. The Grinch, Bart and Homer Simpson, about six Santas, several snowmen... . . ..

OMG. And he is gone. Much is the pity.

:lol::lol:

Tracking Santa.....what a kick! I've just been looking at the photos and videos. Wonder how many kids are glued to screens doing the same! Pretty cool! :D

Alsy!! How wonderful, Nik, that the magic is still there in your household!

Jack, being eleven, is pretending that the site is "yeah, whatever", but I've seen him twice checking it. . .. ...

Actually, knowing that boy, he's probably trying to calculate the exact altitude and distance Santa has so far travelled..... . . . . ..

Just RELAX, boy!! Enjoy the magic! No calculations needed! :rolleyes::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Jess, you have outdone yerselph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I just sang this to Mark :lol: I humbly suggest that Amanda proclaim this the official holiday song of Sillieville!!!!!! :lol:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular
I just sang this to Mark :lol: I humbly suggest that Amanda proclaim this the official holiday song of Sillieville!!!!!! :lol:

Tis granted my dear Patteigh!!!

sillies this Queen is ready to retire from her Throne @ work and head home, still have to finish the Christmas shopping and get to the grocery store (since I was too lazy to do this yesterday) Any minute I should be rolling out, talk to you later! :):)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Hope there's no deviant redneck in yer laundry room
elye Community Regular

Hey!! Janet flashed by, and disappeared.. . ...them kids likely clobbered her off the keyboard. She must wait for a more opportune time-- perhaps dinnertime, when the kids are not permitted to leave the table. Janet can pull a "'Scuse me.. .....must trot off to the bathroom.... .um....could be a while".....and quickly leave. Absolutely NO ONE will comment or ask any questions. She'll have a good twenty minutes wif us. . . . . . ..

:lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

Janet flashed us?? :o

Da Noive!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Oh the weather outside is frightful

But the phorum is so delightful

And 'though we've miles to go

Let it snaux, Let it snough, Let it snoh

It doesn't show signs of stopping

And I brought some corn soy toast cheese cards for shopping

The lights are about to go

Let it snowe, Let it snoe, Let it snoa

When we finally click goodnight

How I'll hate goin' out from the phor'm

But since you really treat me right

All day at home I'll be warm

The branches are quickly falling

On my roof, outside it's squalling

Me psillies, unbury my home

OH PHABULOUS!!!!!!!!!! ♥

..''.what's that Tel.....another mulled wine???...oh GO ON then :rolleyes: ....just a small one ;)

...let The Twa have a mince pie while yer doing that'' (we let them mingle tonight)

:lol: Sturdy Geordie lass strikes again!!!!!!! :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

I missed Jan-it's poop in--I guess she had to get her "sillie fix" fer the day :lol:

Sillies--you should smell me house! I made a pun'kin pie this morning, and I now have a homemade gingerbread in the oven that I plan to ice wif a vanilla-orange frosting. I was gonna do a sauce, but this will be easier ;) I've never made gingerbread from scratch before--it's a production, but it looks and smells like it's gonna be worth it. <droolphace> :rolleyes: Julie--I bet this would be good in yer trifle :D

Pataughmn--I phorgot to <cackle-snort> on yer whole post! :lol:

flourgirl Apprentice

Yeah, Jess....yer poem was poifection!

Ooooohhhh....Gingebread (drool, drool, slurrp!) I should be baking, too....but we have too much junk in the house already! My telahubby has a biiiiig sweet tooth, so at least the stuff won't go stale. :lol:

Am missing my family today. Most of them are still in the frozen north country. When we all used to gather....you could count on about 30 with nieces and nephews. Loads of fun and always someone to talk to. Telahubby's fam is all spread out this year. But at least we've no snow, only rain and believe it or not the grass is still (mostly) green....love it!

Merry Christmas to the Twa, too. Can't be leaving them out!

Aaaannnnd.....Gjannit is FLASHING! 'Tis a beautiful sight for the hollerdays!

Yay for us, for the fellowship found in a not-so-lovely situation. for humor found in unexpected places,

and for the ability to empathize, sympathize and to be there for others!

elye Community Regular
Yay for us, for the fellowship found in a not-so-lovely situation. for humor found in unexpected places,

and for the ability to empathize, sympathize and to be there for others!

SOOOOOOO beautifully said, Tareeesah.

SO glad that you've found us!! :wub::wub:

Okay....I'm off like a brave li'l soldier to the In-Law gathering - - think of me, y'all. . . . ........

I am steeling myselph for this sight, after I make my first lengthy comment on just about anything:

:huh::huh::huh::huh::mellow::mellow:<_<:huh::huh::huh::mellow::mellow::huh:

Jestgar Rising Star
Okay....I'm off like a brave li'l soldier to the In-Law gathering - - think of me, y'all. . . . ........

I am steeling myselph for this sight, after I make my first lengthy comment on just about anything:

:huh::huh::huh::huh::mellow::mellow:<_<:huh::huh::huh::mellow::mellow::huh:

Hence demonstrating the value of the internet. You have no idea what WE look like after your lengthy, pithy comments. :huh::)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

GIAN-KNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see yoooou!!!!!!!

Yes, Theresa!........eloquent words.....glad you found us :D

PATTI!!!!!

Gingerbread cake with icing?!?!?!?!!!!!!

:salivatingface: :P

The bird is going IN people!!!!!!! <hope it fits in the oven :unsure: >....cooking overnight :P

(LOVE waking up to the smell of Turkey aromas :P )

The Twa are helping, peeling and chopping....ever so hyped up :rolleyes:

How sweet is this??

....my BIL came round tonight with his 2 boys (7 + 4 yrs) , as we opened the door the boys sung Carols to (with?) us

Gaaawd!!!!! Little angelic voices will get yer everytime :rolleyes:

Good luck with the sturdy North Umberlandic origin peeps EM!!!!!!

1 hour to go !!!!!!!!! (for me)

Darn210 Enthusiast
Aaaannnnd.....Gjannit is FLASHING! 'Tis a beautiful sight for the hollerdays!

:lol::lol: . . . ummmmm, NO!! It's not a beautiful sight . . . :lol:

Jess, loved your song!!

Just a brief visit. I get just a few minutes here and there and spend most of that time reading. Drove through freezing rain yesterday . . . average speed was probably about 45 to 50 miles per hour. Probably should NOT have been on the road. Saw LOTS of slide offs.

Em, so is yer MIL walking around nekkid? She is a hardy soul, ain't she?

curlyfries Contributor

Merry Christmas, Psillies!

I finally have meself in a mellow frame of mind. I have accepted the fact that Christmas cannot be about presents this year. We never spent much in the past, anyway, but this year has been cut even more. There's been this nagging fear that the kids will be disappointed........I know, they're grown, but they're still my kids! :P Hubby and I didn't buy for each other.

Anyhoo.....tomorrow will be finger foods, stockings, a few gifts, togetherness, and maybe a titilating game of Scrabble :rolleyes: . DD and her boyfriend will be here......he doesn't really have any close family, so it feels good to have him here with us. My brother may also poop in.

The big to-do will be Sunday with me in-laws. We don't buy gifts for each other, but we each bring two gifts for a game we play. One store bought and one goofy gift. It is quite a rowdy game, with much yelling and laughing :D .......me favoUrite Christmas tradition. This would be an awesome game for Psillies to play!

Em......you would fit right in with my in-laws. Two SIL's used to be bartenders.....they have THE BEST jokes..........and FIL would want you to feel his kangaroo scrotum :lol:

Jan-nit!......what were you doing out in that weather??? Hubby got home and when he finally got in the driveway, put bricks behind the tires to keep from sliding back down. Then proclaimed..."We are NOT going ANYWHERE.....not even the chiropractor!

Ter-ree-suh.....lovely sentiment ^_^ .......a real Hallmark moment!

Jess.......beautiful song.....even tho I don't agree with the 'let it snaux' part <_<

And to ALL me Psillies........ when I'm feeling sick you give me comfort, when I feel weak you give me strength, when I feel alone you give me friendship, when I feel sad you give me laughter.......my life is enriched because you are here............bless you all~ :wub:

jerseyangel Proficient

Ah Lisa, I so completely understand where you're coming from. This year has a decidedly different feel here, too. With the current situation, we have also cut back.....but you know, I've been thinking for quite a while now that I'd like to focus less on gifts and holiday shopping and all that goes with it. :blink: It all just got to be too much, with the extended families--many of which we rarely see......This year has actually given us a chance to step back a little, reign things in a bit. I have to say that I'm relieved. A little blessing in disguise, methinks ;)

Another blessing in my life are all of you, me Sillies. No matter whether I'm in a sillie mood and want to play, or just hang out and read along....or complain ....or just come to a very special place where I feel safe and cared about--I know I have that here wif all of you. :D

psawyer Proficient

It has been a long day, starting with a delivery at the store, and then a busy day of last-minute shopping at a hectic pace. It slowed down around four, and we closed up at five.

Then we made our way to our friend's annual Christmas Eve open house. Bill used to work for me, and we've been friends ever since, although we don't see each other as often as we should. It has been a year since we last got together.

Then home, and needing to unwind, and I'm going next to make a late supper for us.

Merry Christmas to all! :)

I can relate to the whole gift giving thing. We too have curbed the spending quite a bit this year.

John and I didnt exchange at all. With the house, thats a good enough gift this year.

My sisters and I as well as the two husbands just exchanged names instead of buying 6 gifts....we all bought something for the babies, Brooklyn and Silvia.

My SIL and her hubby didn't exchange with us, due to finances. We decided on just buying the kids gifts. We did buy John's brother something small.

We each got our parents something and that was it.

Jen and I are not exchanging we just got Landen something....it was a hard christmas for most people I know...

Sadly- it doesnt feel like Christmas this year, not sure if it is the bleak economy or the weather or what....my mom commented on it tonight on the phone as well. She said she was just not in the spirit. We did decorate at the apartment even though we were not going to due to the move....so we have the tree all lit up.

Tonight we went to Christmas Eve dinner @ MIL's and she had a meatless meal and it is a candle light meal which is so cool. Plus the best part everything is gluten free. She even breads the fish with gluten free bread crumbs. She really does a lot for me and I cannot thank her enough.

John and I are going to pop some holiday movies in and fall asleep under the tree. Tomorrow we have Christmas lunch at John's moms again.

One thing I am thankful of this year is the great bond I have with all of you. That is a gift I have every day to enjoy :)

elye Community Regular
Hence demonstrating the value of the internet. You have no idea what WE look like after your lengthy, pithy comments. :huh::)

OMG....... . . ..... :lol::lol::lol:

Tonight we went to Christmas Eve dinner @ MIL's and she had a meatless meal and it is a candle light meal which is so cool. Plus the best part everything is gluten free. She even breads the fish with gluten free bread crumbs. She really does a lot for me and I cannot thank her enough.

Whoa. . . .. .what a MIL YOU have, Amanda!!

One thing I am thankful of this year is the great bond I have with all of you. That is a gift I have every day to enjoy :)

On that wonderful note, sung by our revered monarch, I say to all my beloved Psillies

********MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! *********

:wub::wub:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

MERRY XMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all have a good day :D

Al got us up at 6.00am :unsure::wub:

Turkey smells good!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Jestgar Rising Star

Merry Psillie Christmas!!

Did Christmas Eve at my bro's house. Pleasant and peaceful with the traditional throwing of wrapping paper at each other.

Spending today at home with the cats and the ex.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Merry Psillie Christmas!!

well, Jess's Christmas banner was so pretty I just copied it!!!!!!!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS SILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub::wub:

Hyperactive Twa (v. helpful for meal prep), in-laws a-starin, homemade gingerbread! and giah-knit flashin us!!!!!!!!!!! And sillie love proclamations :wub:

I did NOT go to church last night. :( How long have I been looking forward to that??? and I didn't go???????? what is UP with that???????? :blink:

Weez awoke quite suddenly around 4 and vomited dangerously close to my head :unsure: (on her blankie, thank God) I mean, there was NO warning, no prolonged gagging..........just one quick gag and then BLECH :blink: She spent the next hour going outside and back in......am a bit tired................

over to me mum's later where we'll have 17-ish peeps. Should be fun. calm, though - - no over-excited Twa, no throwing of wrapping paper, no screeching over anything, no game-playing. Wait a minute - let me refine - it's pleasant for our gatherings and....I have always wish for something a bit more raucous.... :huh:

:wub: :wub:

jerseyangel Proficient

MERRY CHRISTMAS, SILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"May yer days be merry and bright, and may all yer Christmas's be white" :D

elye Community Regular

I did my banner late last eve.......kinda drunkenly. . . . . . .... :ph34r:

Got ten at our table tonight..should be loverly. Games afterward, likely password and charades. My dad can no longer see very well, so he cannot really make out what the person is acting out. He now just shouts out things....."Oh!! That's a trapeze yer on! No....wait......you're directing traffic! you're back for a pass.....uh...NO! You're performing a Caesarian section!"

:huh::lol:

Weez awoke quite suddenly around 4 and vomited dangerously close to my head :unsure: (on her blankie, thank God) I mean, there was NO warning, no prolonged gagging..........just one quick gag and then BLECH :blink: She spent the next hour going outside and back in......am a bit tired................

Soooooze! I had Weeze barphing in my last Christmas carol, and you told me that she never barphs. . .. ....goodness....the power of suggestion, ya think? Do hope not. . . . . . .

:rolleyes:

Oh.....MIL clipped the front fender of my car on our lamp post while she was backing out of the driveway this afternoon. Sigh . . . . . . . . . .. ...

Archived