This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular
Emily . . . since I helped your daughter with her algebra, turnabout is fair play. Skeeter is doing a project on Ottawa. So here is her question for you (typed by Skeeter):

OMG.....a project on Ottawa? Like, Ottawa, Ontario?

Really?

Wow. Someone is actually doing a whole project on Ottawa. . . .... :huh::huh:

:lol:

what is the best museum for kids to visit?

We had a big family discussion on this, and it was a tie: The Museum of Science and Technology, and the Museum of Nature. My vote would go to the latter.

Open Original Shared Link

what is the best outdoor activity for kids?

Hmmmmm.....depends on the time of year.. . .. .. winter I would say skating on the canal... . .....we also have incredible, internationally-known toboggan hills, though.. . . ...

Summer. .. . .... . . ..there is incredible whitewater rafting in the Ottawa River:

what is the best restaurant for people who have to eat gluten free?

I can only give you one? That's tough, as we go to a few excellent establishments. If I'm picking for a family, I'd have to say Bella Vista Restaurant, which has the best gluten-free pasta and pizza in town. Here is a chat forum about them:

It is difficult to name one thing for each.....makes me realize that we have a pretty nice city. You guys should get yer travelling butts up here this summer! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn210 Enthusiast

From Skeeter:

Thank you for helping me with my project. :D

Darn210 Enthusiast
It is difficult to name one thing for each.....makes me realize that we have a pretty nice city. You guys should get yer travelling butts up here this summer! :)

OK . . . now that she's gone . . .

Emily said "butts" . . . and made Skeeter giggle . . . :lol::lol::lol:

Also have to add that she was worried about hitting trees on the toboggan hills :P

. . . also thanks for the links . . . we'll use them to flesh out the report . . . and just a bit more info, Skeeter's class is studying North America. Every kid in the class was assigned a different city on which to do a presentation. We just lucked out that we happen to have a friend from there!!

jerseyangel Proficient

:D :D :wub:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Show off <_<

<_< indeed!!!!!!!!

:lol: the straight-haired peeps really don't know how good they have it, now do they????????

they somehow seem to think that.....curly hair actually goes the way you want it to curl???? dear gawd......would that it were so. But it's just a constant fight, ain't it girls? and frizz battle...... *weary sigh*

I will tell you this sad fact: I get FAR more attention and looks from men (at my advanced age) when I have straightened my hair to within an inch of its life than I do when I let it go curly.

HAIR-RUMPHHHFFFFFF :angry:

Goin' to watch a movie wif me hubby. Hope it shows choking of neihbor scenes that I can vicariously RELISH.

:o

Mimms - hope yer better today.....

Phluphie and I watched Nights in Rodanthe - - and we both agreed that it was the worst and most embarassing movie we'd ever seen. :huh: But we had some good laughs over it.......

<wicked cycnics that we are>

......and have spent way too much time trying to solve the llamallady mystery!

:lol: she has.........we both have.......we did some research........and exchanged some emails over it months ago *snort*

Just got home from the ice cream social . . . which may have turned into dinner out with the girls. I tell you wot . . . this job barely pays for the social requirements of the job but at this stage of the game, they're a good group of drinkers to hang out with.

:lol: excellent

*snort* . . . keep those page numbers handy, you never know when we might need to stage another bloodless coup.

. . . and a wee hello to PhluphphieKatt.

bloodless coups and PhluphphieKatts :lol:

Thanks. Hate not being "in" on sumfing

Am thinkin of Bev cavorting with stripping firemen, glass of absinthe in hand--may all your dreams come true :lol:

Saturday here, spent most of it trying to get Barb on line cos her computer keeps trying to dial in to our broadband--stoopid computer. Stoopid peep trying to help her. Had to send in the big guns (he's still in there and hasn't even eat lunch :o -- better go check!)

Pulling a Bev and doing laundry and vacuuming, and CLEANING the laundry (to get it to Barb's standards.) Oh the pain of trying to prevent someone potentially criticizing one's lamentable housekeeping!!

After last night's dinner conversation Barb is definitely one of us, wheat allergy my nippleless foot!

'shroom, seeing celiacs behind every leucodendron :)

night peeps, you all is probably off to beddie byes.

quite phunny, all of this :lol: :lol:

Ummm, "She got preggers in the 8th grade"? "You'll be fine"????? Oh...my...GAWDDDdddddd!!!!

I sucked them into me evil vortex put them on a plane to Suzie's.

also quite phunny :lol:

but where WERE all of youse??? we waited and waited.........

Oh - last night Skittle slept curled in a ball in Phluph's boozom, the entire night.....he could nae get close enough :wub:

Soooooze! Get Phluphphie Katt on here!

she would nae do it.....I will try, though

It'ssssss Derby Day!

On May 14, 1888

my great-great(great?) Uncle George Covington won the Kentucky Derby

riding Macbeth II in 2:38.

Exciting stuff, huh?

In 2008 the winner was Big Brown, named for UPS (I work for them).

TERRIBLY exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!

carry on sills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient
they somehow seem to think that.....curly hair actually goes the way you want it to curl???? dear gawd......would that it were so. But it's just a constant fight, ain't it girls? and frizz battle...... *weary sigh*

I will tell you this sad fact: I get FAR more attention and looks from men (at my advanced age) when I have straightened my hair to within an inch of its life than I do when I let it go curly.

Tis so true...all of it :angry:

Why do youse think I use me straight-hair pics fer avs most of the time? ;) It actually doesn't look that bad in person, but the curls look horrible in pictures--you can't see the definition so it comes off looking like a big phluffy helmet :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Tis so true...all of it :angry:

Why do youse think I use me straight-hair pics fer avs most of the time? ;) It actually doesn't look that bad in person, but the curls look horrible in pictures--you can't see the definition so it comes off looking like a bit phluffy helmet :lol:

Big Phluffy Helmet

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG so true :angry:

ANNNNNNND also our newest band name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Hee! I misspelled "big"--went back and corrected it, but Sooz already captured it in a quote :P

Great name fer a band!! :D

nikki-uk Enthusiast
After last night's dinner conversation Barb is definitely one of us, wheat allergy my nippleless foot!

:lol: ...but who's Barb??

Is she a secret coeliac??? <I also see them everywhere :ph34r: >

It'ssssss Derby Day!

On May 14, 1888

my great-great(great?) Uncle George Covington won the Kentucky Derby

riding Macbeth II in 2:38.

Exciting stuff, huh?

T'is indeedy!!! :D

*gasp*.... can nae say it..... have to say ''The Scottish Play''

Did yer put a bet on???

the straight-haired peeps really don't know how good they have it, now do they????????

THE BANE OF MY LIFE!!!!! <_< ......... BUT!...I tend to blend in when straight ;):lol:

HAIRumphhhhffff!!!!! :lol:

Phluphee kat & sKITtles, - sleeping partners!!! :wub:

BIT PHLUFFY HELMET :lol:

Have the phiremen arrived at Bevel's yet???? :P <just wondered>

BAHHHHhhhh!!!! Fell asleep this aft, now grumpy & sloooow brained (got up hideously early to go to my local market) <_<

....am watching 'The Dog Whisperer'

I think I :wub: Caesar :blink::lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
BAHHHHhhhh!!!! Fell asleep this aft, now grumpy & sloooow brained (got up hideously early to go to my local market) <_<

....am watching 'The Dog Whisperer'

I think I :wub: Caesar

:lol: have never seen him...... <blasted, self-imposed cable TV limit :ph34r: - another bad vortex I ain't gonna do to which I will NOT succomb succom succum involve myself

SILLIES!!!! just realized - end of Fuzzy season coincides with the start of the DERBY :lol:

oranges - - SOOOOOOO sub-par last night - blech - and even the coloUr was so......bland and light and - wrong :huh: The Fuzzy is offishally a WINTER drink ;)

NICOLA!!!!!!!!!!!! pour yerself some mead and rid yourself of this comatose phog :lol:

Or p'raps some Simon Baker will do the trick, Lady ;)

goign to the paint store now, Sills.......going to be painting baseboards <_<

just stricken wtih ennui at the thought.......

GET OVER HERE SILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we'll have a paintin' party :)

elye Community Regular
From Skeeter:

Thank you for helping me with my project. :D

Yer Welcome! :)

Soooozle's painting baseboards wif Phluph? Heinous. .. . .....but I must say that I would love to have a houseguest who would partake in such ungratifying, torturous chores as this. . . ...

At least you curlies HAVE a helmet! My hair is often so phlat you can hardly see it, er sumfin' . .. . . .. :angry:

Raechull! How fantastic, your great-great-great uncle a Doiby Winner! No sporting event excites me more than the Triple Crown....I am obsessed, and will be glued to the screen when the pre-race coverage begins shortly. .. ....

On a similar but macabre note, did you all know that the French are still real horsemeat eaters? :o Very common dish in France, and here in Quebec. ...... .

Think I would hurl if told that I was digging into horse stew. . . .... . :gag:

nikki-uk Enthusiast
SILLIES!!!! just realized - end of Fuzzy season coincides with the start of the DERBY :lol:

Of course :rolleyes:

Wait :unsure: ... is Mojito season upon us?????????

goign to the paint store now, Sills.......going to be painting baseboards <_<

just stricken wtih ennui at the thought.......

<blowing out of cheeks> UGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

I'll bring some mint ;)

On a similar but macabre note, did you all know that the French are still real horsemeat eaters? :o Very common dish in France, and here in Quebec. ...... .

UMMmm......... :unsure:

...discovered this meself as I went on 2 'French Exchanges' whilst at Secondary school.

Quite the eye opener :o <possibly scarred me for life :lol: >

mushroom Proficient

Good mornin' psills. Almost phrosty this morn; t'is getting to be time to phly north real quick, too soon. Was starting to think I shouldn't do it, what with the hog flu and all, but since its here wif us already (day after it was announced even), what the hae! NZ has decided not to be politically correct (Yay) and still calls it swine flu (guess we don't have a strong pork lobby with the gummint--think we gets most of our pork from OZ akshally.)

I find de Llamamama very intriguing, as well. :P

She is indeed quite inscrutable Don't think I is quite so unfathomable,imperspicuous,unascertainable obscure as those intriguing posts :lol:

Smells of bacon and Pamela's pancakes are wafting slowly down the hall...so nice.

Mmmm, I is ready for some of that right now, smells reached all the way down here! :lol:

It'ssssss Derby Day!

On May 14, 1888

Hmm, give one of 'em Big Browns a biff in the side for me, would ya? They messed me up big time

Even adults giggle at butts down here; the woid of choice is bum (which makes me giggle and which I consider very impolite :o ) Of course, when they want an eraser they ask for a rubber!! which makes me giggle :lol: This whole bilingualism is quite phunny at times. The granny of Dh was Welsh and when his dad and mom left on their honeymoon, little prim, proper nanny told his dad to "keep his peckah up" :o:lol: :lol:

lol: the straight-haired peeps really don't know how good they have it, now do they????????

they somehow seem to think that.....curly hair actually goes the way you want it to curl???? dear gawd......would that it were so.

This myth of the joys of curly hair should be put to bed forever. T'ls a pain in the bum :o Probably started by the little girl who said "And I have naturally curly hair"! Who was dat? Shirley Temple?

Nik, I had an uncle who made his stake to buy his farm by deerstalking (yeah, that's what they call it here). Your ancestors (and mine) brought their deer from home when they emigrated down here because we didn't have any mammals occurring naturally except some bats. So of course the deer multiplied xtrillions (but still not as fast as the wabbits they also brought) because they had no predators and there was all this lushiush bush on which to browse, so we has to kill them. So back in those days the peeples that did that was called deerstalkers who walked for days over the mountains in the bush killing deers and bringing out hides with packhorses (course nowadays they do it with helicopters and call it culling). Yeah, this is getting to be long story, but stick wif me, guess he saw one (million) too many deer cause he told us he could not eat venison. So me mean mum cooks him a stew and he hoes in and luvs it and me mum then tells him it was venison and he runs to bathroom and throws up; t'is all in the head, not the tummy. Imagine being told you had just eaten kitters! Gosh, end of story, haven't had breakfast yet. :o:(

Have a good rest of day/night wherever you are.

elye Community Regular

Yes, eating venison came as something of a shock when I was told. . . .....but nothing like a horse would be. :o

Well, ho hum.... . .. . . going to not one, but TWO parties this evening.........how will I evah manage this?

:rolleyes:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

There's MIMMS, about to squiggle at same time as I, I suspect!!!!!!! :lol:

SILLEEZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you will NOT believe what happened.........

Pluphphy and I were out running errands (she is NOT painting baseboards with me - she is in a wedding tomorrow, has rehearsal dinner tonight, etc) and....the paint store is in the same parking lot as my neighborhood pub.

So - we decided to pop in for a quick bite.

Well, we struck up a conversation wtih two very nice guys and began talking about this bottle of cognac - Louis 13th - GOOD GAWD - the bottle is about $1500 and the shots are $135 apiece........

well hot dang if this guy didn't buy us a shot, to split four ways............. :o

P Diddy drinks it :lol:

but - my gawd - - when I left the house this morn, in my scroungy, errand-running clothes, I did NOT know I'd be sampling the world's most expensive cognac at my scary pub AND have a date on Monday night :o:huh::blink:

I'll let you know how it goes, Sills.

:o

did nae know this..........ewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emmel! two parties tonight? come and talk to us later, eh ? :lol:

OMG - I can not watch horse racing :( I feel that the horses are stressed and over-worked and it makes me too sad........PLUS - a broken leg or accident can happen at any time and I just can't take it :sniff:

Of course :rolleyes:

Wait :unsure: ... is Mojito season upon us?????????

aya, 'tis! I'm not that excited.......not nearly as fond of the mojitos as I am of the fuzzies....

So me mean mum cooks him a stew and he hoes in and luvs it and me mum then tells him it was venison and he runs to bathroom and throws up; t'is all in the head, not the tummy. Imagine being told you had just eaten kitters! Gosh, end of story, haven't had breakfast yet.

Have a good rest of day/night wherever you are.

:o quite the story , Shroomie........

kittens for breakfast? :zoigs:

jerseyangel Proficient
but - my gawd - - when I left the house this morn, in my scroungy, errand-running clothes, I did NOT know I'd be sampling the world's most expensive cognac at my scary pub AND have a date on Monday night :o:huh::blink:

<squeeling wif delight> :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast
<squeeling wif delight> :D

:lol: :lol:

oh - the cognac - very exciting.

the guy - already exhibiting needy and stalker-ish characteristics <_<

but - photos of the cognac-sipping will appear on the 'book later, when Fluph figures out how to upload from her phancy phone :lol:

dang - we started a party, and now she's gone and.......I'm just here - kind of restless and crazed......and slightly bored?

:wacko:

BTW - that cognac? :huh: ummmm.............really smooth and nice but..........

you coulda given me some a$$ swill and i'd not have known the difference

:ph34r:

Jestgar Rising Star

gah! Here I am reading about Susie's potential love life when I got things to do.

gotta update my resume. sshhhh don't tell:ph34r: :ph34r:

mimommy Contributor
OK . . . now that she's gone . . .

Tee-hee-hee :lol: Made me giggle too :D

Phluphie and I watched Nights in Rodanthe - - and we both agreed that it was the worst and most embarassing movie we'd ever seen. :huh: But we had some good laughs over it.......

<wicked cycnics that we are>

she would nae do it.....I will try, though

Ho, ho, I think we's squiggling again Suze--

We must stop meeting like this. Peeps is goinna talk.

Yes, I have to agree about Nights in Rodanthe (and just how do you pronounce that, anyway? Row-dan-thuh...or Row-dan-thee?) My hubby, the sap, liked it. But I never mind watching Richard Gere, no matter how BAD the acting :wub:

I agree with you about Seven Pounds, too. I really enjoyed it and felt his tortured soul. Thought the female co-star was great. Loved it when she said, "You know, I used to be really hot."

Regret they never came right out and explained about the seven pounds, though (I's dense, need it

s-p-e-l-l-e-d out for me).

Big Phluffy Helmet

our newest band name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Fluffy Helmet...dey used to pass those out in health class, din't dey?

I luv that band! Got backstage once, the lead singer was craaaaazzzzyyyyyy!

Is she a secret coeliac??? <I also see them everywhere :ph34r: >

I knew it! "They" are everywhere. And my neihbor was right, "they" are having secret meetings. They're probly watching us right now...shhh;)

Nasteeeee. Horse-hurl. Pony-puke.

I'm so hungry I could eat a horse :rolleyes:

quote: Mushroom

Hmm, give one of 'em Big Browns a biff in the side for me, would ya? They messed me up big time

quote:

What happened de're Moonbeam, my friend? UPS treat ya bad 'er sumfin?

I's sorry. Here's a coupon:

Good For One Quick Peak At Mike The Hotty UPS Driver

(guaranteed to make you smile--big thumbs and much, much more <<lasciviouslaughteremoticon>>)

mimommy Contributor

<<wolf whistle>>

Suzie's got a date!

"Where you from, you sexy thing?"

He's bound to be absolutely, instantaneously, and completely taken with your charm and wit, Love.

And heck, $$ for fancee cognac and din't mind the grunge look?

So what's a little stalking amongst lovers? You probably won't even notice when he goes through your garbage...

but what is Jose the teeny gardener going to say? Poor guy, his widdle 'eart will be bwoken :(

mushroom Proficient

WOW!! world's most expensive cognac,got a hot! date on Monday night, two parties in one night...hard to keep up with this lot. And here's me still in me robe (not the regal kind) and reading the paper because it's Sunday. Scuse me while I go get gussied up.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
gotta update my resume. sshhhh don't tell

WHOT? :huh: What's going on there, Geoss? you just got Phriday's off, an' all, and now yer leaving??????

Yes, I have to agree about Nights in Rodanthe (and just how do you pronounce that, anyway? Row-dan-thuh...or Row-dan-thee?) My hubby, the sap, liked it. But I never mind watching Richard Gere, no matter how BAD the acting

I agree with you about Seven Pounds, too. I really enjoyed it and felt his tortured soul. Thought the female co-star was great. Loved it when she said, "You know, I used to be really hot."

Regret they never came right out and explained about the seven pounds, though (I's dense, need it

s-p-e-l-l-e-d out for me).

I know. I think Seven Pounds is.......the weight of the seven souls? whatever.

Richard Gere has aged nicely....he's quite fortunate in that. Both he and Diane Lane appear to be UNsurgerized and UN botoxed - that part was nice.

Um........Fluff had some chemistry and flirtation going on with the darling checker at Trader Joe's. She was all hot and bothered by it......we walked out and I said:

"I think you just had two minutes in Rodanthe. I know it was real. Why don't you get married?"

It WOZ nice to get some attention whilst out with Fluff.......um, she is 5'9", weighs about 125, hair down to mid-back, and looks like a model. <_< I hate her. :lol:

And there I am, 17 years older than she, wearing loose-fitting top and baggy pants, with a distinct and unwanted bit of phrizz to me hair.

Really nice. :lol:

<<wolf whistle>>

Suzie's got a date!

"Where you from, you sexy thing?"

He's bound to be absolutely, instantaneously, and completely taken with your charm and wit, Love.

And heck, $$ for fancee cognac and din't mind the grunge look?

So what's a little stalking amongst lovers? You probably won't even notice when he goes through your garbage...

but what is Jose the teeny gardener going to say? Poor guy, his widdle 'eart will be bwoken

<_< Well, he's already sent about FIFTEEN texts, and I had to shut him down, told him to stop, NO MORE contact until Monday, and......suggested he try to keep the mystery a little bit..........gah. :blink: A turn-off, let me tell you.

He wants to quickly attach.....always a bad sign, pholks. <_< BTW that's never about the one being pursued......it's about the highly dysfunctional and scarred suitor.

I was gone the whole time the gardener was here today....poor guy. :lol:

HI LAURA!!!!!!!!!! :)

Sunday morning in New Zealand? :blink: I will just never get it straight. *snort*

flourgirl Apprentice

Hi all. Phinally caught up again. I just can't leave you all to your own devices for so long....I spend all my site time playing catch up.

Spring birdies have been arriving. We have Rufus sided Towhees, Baltimore Orioles (1 pair that we know of), RedHeaded Woodpeckers (4 of them), Indigo Buntings, lots of Warblers passing through, I'm hearing a Thrush in the woods, and a Thrasher. So much fun to see and try to get pictures of! This year I've decided to put oranges out for the Orioles. Didn't take them long to find it (brings them down from the treetops and closer to the house). Realized that lots of other birds like them too.

Hope everyone is rolling in psillies!

Jestgar Rising Star
Spring birdies have been arriving. We have Rufus sided Towhees, Baltimore Orioles (1 pair that we know of), RedHeaded Woodpeckers (4 of them), Indigo Buntings, lots of Warblers passing through, I'm hearing a Thrush in the woods, and a Thrasher. So much fun to see and try to get pictures of! This year I've decided to put oranges out for the Orioles. Didn't take them long to find it (brings them down from the treetops and closer to the house). Realized that lots of other birds like them too.

:o :o Dang!!

The only birds I can identify are the ones created by fingers, usually seen from passing cars. :ph34r:

jerseyangel Proficient
The only birds I can identify are the ones created by fingers, usually seen from passing cars. :ph34r:

Archived