• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

TriticusToxicum

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

Rate this topic

So I started exercising a different way a few days ago, and now I understand why people *itch about lower back pain. WAY different from upper back pain! Which I've dealt with for years. Lower back pain is way more distracting. It's like you can ignore a banged up knee for a while but you CANNOT ignore a sore throat for even a microsecond. I think it's the same with upper and lower back pain.

Suz, I think this sums up alot of what happened in the last 25 pages:

Wodka, wine, more wodka

Drunken posts - very funny

Flat Stanley visits Nik - more wodka

Rah shell has mommy daughter day & they get cute matchy haircuts (no wodka)

Much talk of mathmatics & wodka

Had a new guy on here named Dada - scared him off

More wodka

Can't scare Peter off

Spring came

more wodka & wine

some chocolate thrown in randomly

I got bored & sang dum songs (& will do it again if no one is posting)

Giant inflatable penis

Penis & boobie cookie cutters

More wodka

Did I forget anything important?

:P Still here. Just been pretty sick lately. Wife was asking me about some expandable thingy posted here somewhere. What the heck is going on here?!!!? Jeepers!

;)

:P Still here. Just been pretty sick lately. Wife was asking me about some expandable thingy posted here somewhere. What the heck is going on here?!!!? Jeepers!

;)

Donna worry, situation normal, everything's okay. :lol::lol: Sorry, no graffiks :P

Hope you's feelin' betta Dada :)

Gooooood Morning, Psills!

Now where the hell is Patti?? Has she abandonned us??

I have been wondering the same thing..... . . . ..:unsure:. . . .I think that NO ONE'S absence is more felt, more obvious, than our Pahteeigh's... ....Hell, she IS PSILLYVILLE.

Actually, she is the ENTIRE PHORUM. :lol:

Hope all is okay down her way. . . .. .. . ....

Wife was asking me about some expandable thingy posted here somewhere.

;)

Donna worry, situation normal, everything's okay. Sorry, no graffiks :P

Actually, true to form, there ARE graphics -- pictures from the online catalogue from which you can place your order. ..... . ..rarely, now, are such things spoken about 'round here without an accompanying photo or link... . ..

We've gotten that good.

:lol:

Glad you are back, Da!

I forgot Lisa is a dancing fiend. I find that very impressive. Not sure if wodka involved.

:lol: Nope......don't think wodka and spinning go together :greenpukeyphace:

Have spent too much "unfun" time wif Skeeter working on her Independent (but not really inde-damn-pendent cause it's taking way too much effor on my part) Study Project. Going to a horse fair tomorrow. Hopefully that'll be more fun.

I feel for ya, Jan-knit. I'm so glad those days are behind me.

So I started exercising a different way a few days ago, and now I understand why people *itch about lower back pain. WAY different from upper back pain! Which I've dealt with for years. Lower back pain is way more distracting. It's like you can ignore a banged up knee for a while but you CANNOT ignore a sore throat for even a microsecond. I think it's the same with upper and lower back pain.

I definitely feel your pain. I have arthritis in my lower back. But, oddly enough, I have more problems with my upper back. :huh:

Good to see Soozle pooping in! Wish I could be some help to you, Sooze.

.....and where is Patteigh, anyways?

I've realized that in ten years my kids will be out of the house and on their own, adults themselves. I will not have to be watching out for them at all, at the beach nor anywhere else. Does this mean that I will suddenly gain back my youthful, enviable capacity for alcohol and sleeplessness? Hope so, as I'll be able to indulge again like a crazed sophomore, and not worry about Children's Aid catching wind of me... . . . ...

Don't know about the alcohol part. Sleep, however, is essential to recover from youthful indulgences. Brian and I have to pace ourselves on weekends like this. Usually it's one day of fun, one day of recovery. We're gonna need another weekend to recover from this weekend :wacko:

.....and our indulgences are different from our youthful days. Not only do we dance, we also scuba dive. That, however, has been put on hold until we can afford to get Brian a swimming prosthetic. Does anyone else visualize a one-legged man swimming in circles?

:blink:

Hey all :D Had to poop by and say hi to me peeps!

Craziness is reigning here....more on that soon....plus, I have developed a neck/shoulder problem of my own doing. Word of advice....do not evea try to close the back end door of an SUV wif one arm! Just sayin....I've been in pain fer nigh on 3 weeks now, having said pain spread up into me neck and 'ead. Which reminds me....why does one wear a cervical collar on one's neck and not on one's cervix? :unsure::P

Tried a Tempur-pedic pillow last night (cha-ching)--woke up pain phree fer the phirst time in weeks but (I can hardly bring meselph to say this) sitting at the computer aggravates it. :o

Been reading along, youse all have been cracking me up :lol: Can nae possibly go back and quote, but phunny phunny stuph! :lol:

Have a phab Sunday....tis sunny here, poiphect fer a ride B)

Suz, I think this sums up alot of what happened in the last 25 pages:

Wodka, wine, more wodka

Drunken posts - very funny

Flat Stanley visits Nik - more wodka

Rah shell has mommy daughter day & they get cute matchy haircuts (no wodka)

Much talk of mathmatics & wodka

Had a new guy on here named Dada - scared him off

More wodka

Can't scare Peter off

Spring came

more wodka & wine

some chocolate thrown in randomly

I got bored & sang dum songs (& will do it again if no one is posting)

Giant inflatable penis

Penis & boobie cookie cutters

More wodka

Did I forget anything important?

:lol: :lol: :lol: EGGzellent summary, Karennnggg. Sounds like the usual is going on here. Although, I haven't heard tell of penis and boobie cookie cutters before, must go back and read. :lol:

Soozle was here??

Now where the hell is Patti?? Has she abandonned us??

I woz ;)

Pads has not been here? that ain't right :unsure:

<_< 'tis positively debilitating and can NOT be ignored. Get better soon, Bun!

Is this about an inflatable penis? :lol: Hi Dada!

:lol: Nope......don't think wodka and spinning go together :greenpukeyphace:

What? they don't? Well shoot.......they seem naturally-occurring here - always go together :lol:

Craziness is reigning here....more on that soon....plus, I have developed a neck/shoulder problem of my own doing. Word of advice....do not evea try to close the back end door of an SUV wif one arm! Just sayin....I've been in pain fer nigh on 3 weeks now, having said pain spread up into me neck and 'ead. Which reminds me....why does one wear a cervical collar on one's neck and not on one's cervix? :unsure:

Tried a Tempur-pedic pillow last night (cha-ching)--woke up pain phree fer the phirst time in weeks but (I can hardly bring meselph to say this) sitting at the computer aggravates it. :o

Pads! back pain there, also? Yes - computer DOES hurt - that pillow really helps, huh? Hmm............am intrigued - a pain-free morning? What would THAT be like :huh: (am generally falling apart all over, Sills)

so you weren't here and I wasn't here so we didn't even know each uvvah was gone :wacko: but I missed youse anyway!

Hey, what is that on Jess's av? I MUST see it up close........this dog circle-chart thingy............can you email it to me?

Ruh-shell - my friend and I have been using WEN and fake Wen from Sally's - she bought both, I bought the fake Sally's stuff - LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no one's posted any publications for me :( 'twas a dud of a thread - now I have to do tons of research.......you know how you can spout off about everything lickety-split, but when you have to cite sources, you don't know nothin' because you learned it all here? that's what I'm sayin :lol:

Suze, I can try to look up some stuff for you when I get to work tomorrow, but only if your friend quotes c.com as a great reference and source.

PEEPS!!!!!!!!!

WHY don't I have any penii pastry cutters??? :blink:

Also, (unrelated)....why is the dvd/disc player door jammed on my computer???......and WHY doesn't my son EVAH answer his mobile phone??? <_<

Muy busy here! ...packing for bonnie Scotland...we're off in the wee hrs....... t'is around a 14 hr drive so we're aiming to leave at 3am :blink:. Caffeine tablets anyone??

SOOZheil!!!! , Harumpff on your mission...trouble is *I* don't know a reputable citing from a duff one - BAH! <_<

Totes wiv yer there Julie <_<

Yoga's helped mine alot.....oh & shots of wodka rx strength ibruprofen.

.....and our indulgences are different from our youthful days. Not only do we dance, we also scuba dive. That, however, has been put on hold until we can afford to get Brian a swimming prosthetic. Does anyone else visualize a one-legged man swimming in circles?

:blink:

GAH!!! :lol:

PADS BAAAACK!!!!

...but way too many bad backs going on!! ...we need to get bettah!!!!

Good to see some more phaces getting back on here :wub::D

That, however, has been put on hold until we can afford to get Brian a swimming prosthetic. Does anyone else visualize a one-legged man swimming in circles?

:lol: Dat is phunnee!

The good thing about a swimming prosthetic is that I suppose it can be custom-built for the water, unlike our legs. It could just be one big flipper! :lol:

And Pahteeigh's here! :) Sorry to hear about your back! But this.. . . .... . .

....why does one wear a cervical collar on one's neck and not on one's cervix? :unsure::P

I have often wondered about meselph. Do we have a second, auxiliary cervix embedded in our necks? Or perhaps one's cervix goes all the way up to one's neck, and finishes there.... . . . hell, that would certainly make childbirth a breeze..... .. ..... ..<_<:rolleyes:

.....you know how you can spout off about everything lickety-split, but when you have to cite sources, you don't know nothin' because you learned it all here? that's what I'm sayin :lol:

OMG, yes... . . all the time.... . . .!

Suze, I can try to look up some stuff for you when I get to work tomorrow, but only if your friend quotes c.com as a great reference and source.

... . .And, in the right places, one of the most brilliantly witty places of bantering discource on the web......

B):lol:

It's like you can ignore a banged up knee for a while but you CANNOT ignore a sore throat for even a microsecond. I think it's the same with upper and lower back pain.

Great way to explain it! Sorry its from personal experience. Perhaps wodka would help?

;)

Nice to hear from ya! Sorry your ill. Probably wodkas will not help you at this time. But they might help the wife?

Craziness is reigning here....more on that soon....plus, I have developed a neck/shoulder problem of my own doing. Word of advice....do not evea try to close the back end door of an SUV wif one arm! Just sayin....I've been in pain fer nigh on 3 weeks now, having said pain spread up into me neck and 'ead. Which reminds me....why does one wear a cervical collar on one's neck and not on one's cervix? :unsure::P

Been reading along, youse all have been cracking me up :lol: Can nae possibly go back and quote, but phunny phunny stuph! :lol:

Have a phab Sunday....tis sunny here, poiphect fer a ride B)

More wdoka! or wine might be right for shoulders & cervical areas of both types.

PEEPS!!!!!!!!!

WHY don't I have any penii pastry cutters??? :blink:

Also, (unrelated)....why is the dvd/disc player door jammed on my computer???......and WHY doesn't my son EVAH answer his mobile phone??? <_<

Muy busy here! ...packing for bonnie Scotland...we're off in the wee hrs....... t'is around a 14 hr drive so we're aiming to leave at 3am :blink:. Caffeine tablets anyone??

SOOZheil!!!! , Harumpff on your mission...trouble is *I* don't know a reputable citing from a duff one - BAH! <_<

Totes wiv yer there Julie <_<

Yoga's helped mine alot.....oh & shots of wodka rx strength ibruprofen.

GAH!!! :lol:

PADS BAAAACK!!!!

...but way too many bad backs going on!! ...we need to get bettah!!!!

Good to see some more phaces getting back on here :wub::D

wvodka may help with computer issues & son issues. I find wine is helpful with teen issues.

So on my weekend walks I'm frequently passed by older men on bicycles and I keep thinking I ought to tell you guys that I think there must be an 'over 80' bike club on Bainbridge. Well today one of them was stopped to check his wheels and I got a good look at his race shirt. It said:

Geezers of Fury

:P

So on my weekend walks I'm frequently passed by older men on bicycles and I keep thinking I ought to tell you guys that I think there must be an 'over 80' bike club on Bainbridge. Well today one of them was stopped to check his wheels and I got a good look at his race shirt. It said:

Geezers of Fury

Fan - f***in' - tastic

Are these they?:

Can *I* join...or... am I TOO YOUNG?? (just wanted to say that)

Fan - f***in' - tastic

Are these they?:

Can *I* join...or... am I TOO YOUNG?? (just wanted to say that)

That would be them. And that's our little island they're riding through.

Geezers of Fury

Alright, from here on out, a funny warning is required when saying something unexpectedly hilarious. It took me five minutes to clean up the tea I just spit everywhere.

Thanks for the well-wishes on my back! It only lasted a couple days, so I don't know how you all with chronic back pain get by. Well, lower back pain.

The spring flowers in this area are REALLY blooming. There's a certain kind of tree that has blossoms with big white and pink petals shaped like a cup, and then the petals fall and carpet the grass below. My super-fave. My least fave is the sperm trees. There's some kinda tree that got imported hundreds of years ago that smells like sperm when it blooms. Just WHY? WHY would you plant more?

More wdoka! or wine might be right for shoulders & cervical areas of both types.

wvodka may help with computer issues & son issues. I find wine is helpful with teen issues.

:lol: Computer issues, teen issues, son issues, husband issues, menstrual issues, my nosy fr*ckin' neighboUr issues, gotta-host-another-baby-shower issues, forgetful mother issues, I-cannot-find-matching-blue-socks issues, strange-looking-mole-on-my-shoulder issues.... . .....wine is the balm that eases ALL of these, 'twould seem.... . ..

My least fave is the sperm trees. There's some kinda tree that got imported hundreds of years ago that smells like sperm when it blooms. Just WHY? WHY would you plant more?

WELL! . . .Whoa.. .. . . ..where to begin. .. ..... ... :lol: :lol: . . .....

Gawd, dunno why you'd plant more.. . . . .... . .wouldn't the smell of one be quite adequate? I sure as hell hope my neighboUr does not plant one of these near our fence.....my backyard will smell like furniture from a brothel.. . ... .... ......

There's some kinda tree that got imported hundreds of years ago that smells like sperm when it blooms. Just WHY? WHY would you plant more?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

glad your back is feeling better

• Upvote 1

( I messed up the quote, but here it is...)

"

" My least fave is the sperm trees. There's some kinda tree that got imported hundreds of years ago that smells like sperm when it blooms. Just WHY? WHY would you plant more?"

For Bunny:

Here is your answer...Ginkgo NUTS!

"Ginkgo nuts are usually sold dried, or shelled and canned in brine.

The spring flowers in this area are REALLY blooming. There's a certain kind of tree that has blossoms with big white and pink petals shaped like a cup, and then the petals fall and carpet the grass below. My super-fave. My least fave is the sperm trees. There's some kinda tree that got imported hundreds of years ago that smells like sperm when it blooms. Just WHY? WHY would you plant more?"

• Upvote 1

That would be them. And that's our little island they're riding through.

What a beautiful town. Scenic old Geezers.

Alright, from here on out, a funny warning is required when saying something unexpectedly hilarious. It took me five minutes to clean up the tea I just spit everywhere.

Thanks for the well-wishes on my back! It only lasted a couple days, so I don't know how you all with chronic back pain get by. Well, lower back pain.

The spring flowers in this area are REALLY blooming. There's a certain kind of tree that has blossoms with big white and pink petals shaped like a cup, and then the petals fall and carpet the grass below. My super-fave. My least fave is the sperm trees. There's some kinda tree that got imported hundreds of years ago that smells like sperm when it blooms. Just WHY? WHY would you plant more?

Should always be careful as we are occasionally funny here.

( I messed up the quote, but here it is...)

"

" My least fave is the sperm trees. There's some kinda tree that got imported hundreds of years ago that smells like sperm when it blooms. Just WHY? WHY would you plant more?"

For Bunny:

Here is your answer...Ginkgo NUTS!

"Ginkgo nuts are usually sold dried, or shelled and canned in brine.

The spring flowers in this area are REALLY blooming. There's a certain kind of tree that has blossoms with big white and pink petals shaped like a cup, and then the petals fall and carpet the grass below. My super-fave. My least fave is the sperm trees. There's some kinda tree that got imported hundreds of years ago that smells like sperm when it blooms. Just WHY? WHY would you plant more?"

http://www.flavorandfortune.com/dataaccess/article.php?ID=26

"It may be a long while before one sees the ginkgo nut in a local supermarket. For now, those who seek these little treasures can find them in most Asian markets or comb the streets for a peculiar smell coupled with a spectacular sight." :blink:

• Upvote 1

Sorry. Got this new I Pad and cannot make it behave when posting here.

Last I was going to say was: don't we have enough nuts around here without nasty smelly ones!

Sorry. Got this new I Pad and cannot make it behave when posting here.

Last I was going to say was: don't we have enough nuts around here without nasty smelly ones!

Well, I was prompted by your reactions to do a little research, and apparently the tree in question is a Bradford Pear, which doesn't actually bear fruit. Either that or a carob tree or a gingko nut tree, but I've never seen the trees bear any kind of pod, seed, or fruit, so I'm going with the Bradford pear. So, a non-fruit bearing fruit tree that reeks of semen has been cavalierly planted around the area where I live. Quite a number of our internet brethren have been offended by these trees. The apartment/condo complex where I used to live had them EVERYWHERE. Everyone I've talked to about it agrees that it smells like semen. Like... old... semen. WHY?!?!? It does have lovely blossoms, but that's just not a good enough reason, I'm sorry.

Well, I was prompted by your reactions to do a little research, and apparently the tree in question is a Bradford Pear, which doesn't actually bear fruit. Either that or a carob tree or a gingko nut tree, but I've never seen the trees bear any kind of pod, seed, or fruit, so I'm going with the Bradford pear. So, a non-fruit bearing fruit tree that reeks of semen has been cavalierly planted around the area where I live. Quite a number of our internet brethren have been offended by these trees. The apartment/condo complex where I used to live had them EVERYWHERE. Everyone I've talked to about it agrees that it smells like semen. Like... old... semen. WHY?!?!? It does have lovely blossoms, but that's just not a good enough reason, I'm sorry.

OMG! Our whole neighborhood was planted with those stinky things. They don'td even give you a pear! They are to fragile for the weather here and are constantly breaking off branches. Were planted because they grow fast, look lovely in the spring and are cheap for the builders to plant.

don't we have enough nuts around here without nasty smelly ones!

Gads, I almost missed this little jewel. :blink: Definitely none of those kind thank ya verry much. :lol:

Were planted because they grow fast, look lovely in the spring and are cheap for the builders to plant.

.. . . .Crap.....never mind that they smell like sperm. Old sperm, at that. Not that new sperm has any more pleasant an aroma. Actually, I begin to think of newly-cut grass, which to me does take on this same aroma. Why do these things all smell alike? The reek of fecundity? Something that gets the guys out cutting their lawns? :huh::lol:

Speaking of fecundity, I had fifteen women over here yesterday for my niece's baby shower. We played several games that I had organized, one of which was a trivia game. My favorite question is this, which only a couple of people guessed correctly:

What historical figure had the moniker "Unable to Fornicate"?

a ) An American president

b ) An American Indian Chief

c ) An Australian World Cup soccer player

d ) Vincent Van Gogh

e ) A Hollywood Adult movie star