This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

curlyfries Contributor

OMG...OMG...OMG!!!!!!

Guess who was knocking on our door at 1:30 this morning?????

:o

NATHAN!!!!!

He drove straight thru from Texas! We had no idea he was coming!!!! :wub:

Course, today I can barely walk in a straight line.....didn't get hardly ANY sleep last night <_<

Beefeater pasties for some, cherry or roma for others?

cherry here :ph34r:

<whispervoice> Oh.......by the way.......no mention about Nathan on Phacebook. We still have some family to surprise at a family get-together this weekend. Shhhhhhh!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

OMG...OMG...OMG!!!!!!

Guess who was knocking on our door at 1:30 this morning?????

:o

NATHAN!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

celiac-mommy Collaborator

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Meeee Tooooo!

I've been scrubbed in procedures for the last few hours. Thought I'd get a break to eat sumfin, but alas, here I are waitin for a doc to show up for my next procedure :rolleyes: 2....MORE.....HOURS!!!!!

psawyer Proficient

We are engaged in a battle of wits with our youngest cat.

For the last five years, our cats have had the unsupervised use of our large back deck. It is well above ground level, and is enclosed so as to make it difficult to get out. About a week ago, a window cleaner left the gate at the top of the stairs open. Not realizing it, Jacquie let the cats out. Riley went down the stairs and discovered the lawn (grass to eat, don't ya know).

Since then she has escaped repeatedly. She squeezed under the flexible child gate. We tried a rigid pet gate just behind the child gate. She went from the railing to standing with paws on each gate. We have tried each gate individually, but she has climbed over both of them. The rigid gate has bars far enough apart that she was able to get partway through one gap and become stuck. We are going to bring some cat grass home for her tomorrow, and see if that will satiate her needs.

Five years of peace destroyed by one idiot who never learned the golden rule: always leave gates as you found them. :(:(

conniebky Collaborator

I want one of Kareng's cupcakes!

kareng Grand Master

We are engaged in a battle of wits with our youngest cat.

For the last five years, our cats have had the unsupervised use of our large back deck. It is well above ground level, and is enclosed so as to make it difficult to get out. About a week ago, a window cleaner left the gate at the top of the stairs open. Not realizing it, Jacquie let the cats out. Riley went down the stairs and discovered the lawn (grass to eat, don't ya know).

Since then she has escaped repeatedly. She squeezed under the flexible child gate. We tried a rigid pet gate just behind the child gate. She went from the railing to standing with paws on each gate. We have tried each gate individually, but she has climbed over both of them. The rigid gate has bars far enough apart that she was able to get partway through one gap and become stuck. We are going to bring some cat grass home for her tomorrow, and see if that will satiate her needs.

Five years of peace destroyed by one idiot who never learned the golden rule: always leave gates as you found them. :(:(

What if you completelly enclosed this baby gate. Maybe tack some screen or chicken wire on it and a bit above. Just until Rascally Riley gets over the habit. Also, maybe you could plant them some grass in a pot or cardboard box. Good luck. You may have met your match.

kareng Grand Master

Connie, the cake recipe is on this thread back 3 weeks or so. The Caramel icing recipe is a family secret I have been told I can't divulge.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Goodness! What an idgit! What if the cat had run off and never come back? What's their responsibility then?? I have no advice for you, we had the same problem wif my son from the time he was 18mo-3 years old. I lost him 3x :huh: That sucker could climb his way out of a maximum security prison <_< A 90dB alarm fixed him though. Scares the crap outta the neighbors him when he opens his bedroom door ;)

kareng Grand Master

Have fun on your trip, Rachelle! If you get a chance, let us know how its going. Unless your too busy... ;);)

Jestgar Rising Star

Yah! dammit Russell! Where are you?? I need that drink!!

mushroom Proficient

. We are going to bring some cat grass home for her tomorrow, and see if that will satiate her needs.

It should work. Our cat chows down on her grass every day. but since she is a fluffy she really needs it or she gets FURRR balls. Gack!!! We even have two bowls and interchange them - when one gets a bit tatty (or unwatered).

Yah! dammit Russell! Where are you?? I need that drink!!

patience woman, I shall see you in a few hours! ;)

we be postin drunk abouts this time tomorrow! :D

elye Community Regular

OMG. .. . . Today is the Psillie Psummit on the West Coast! Wanna be there. Are you gals drunk yet? Put together a collaborated post, will ya? Towo peeppl drukedluy typin awwaey -- double the hilarity! :lol:

Five years of peace destroyed by one idiot who never learned the golden rule: always leave gates as you found them. :( :(

You may have met your match.

What a predicament, POeter. . ... ...Riley has been exposed, and is now addicted to, grass... <_< If anyone can match wits with a smart cat, it is you, our resident Oracle and pet matter expert!

I have no advice for you, we had the same problem wif my son from the time he was 18mo-3 years old. I lost him 3x :huh: That sucker could climb his way out of a maximum security prison <_< A 90dB alarm fixed him though. Scares the crap outta the neighbors him when he opens his bedroom door ;)

Wow. How about barbed wire? Quieter, and no monthly fees... . .. . ... :huh::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

:angry:

Me too! Hi Connie :D

we be postin drunk abouts this time tomorrow! :D

Can nae wait! :lol: Have phun youse guys!!

kareng Grand Master

Boring day today. Must run errands before the rain, thunder, lightening, wind, tornados, etc. Same boring weather.

Patti - I made your flax seed muffins yesterday. Last time I put the full sugar & teeny, tiny cut up pieces of apple in them. Tasted OK but a little sweet. The apple pieces were so wee that I couldn't tell they were there. This time I used lots less sugar and cut the apple pieces bigger. Now they are not sweet enough and the apple pieces are so hard you can't miss them. :P

Just want a cupcake!

Jestgar Rising Star

have a midterm today, so I really will be needing that drink when Rayshell gets here. I'm really tired of studying

jerseyangel Proficient

Patti - I made your flax seed muffins yesterday. Last time I put the full sugar & teeny, tiny cut up pieces of apple in them. Tasted OK but a little sweet. The apple pieces were so wee that I couldn't tell they were there. This time I used lots less sugar and cut the apple pieces bigger. Now they are not sweet enough and the apple pieces are so hard you can't miss them. :P

Yeah--no way those suckers are gonna be mistaken fer a cupcake :P

Yet another boring day here, too.....plus I woke up too early :huh:

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Oh, poo, sillies. My tummy decided to have a hissy fit for an hour this morning at work. My office manager got worried (and obviously isn't interested in paying me to sit on the toilet all day) and sent me home. I hope they don't start thinking I'm all kinds of unreliable. I've got to figure out why my tummy still does this. I had way too much sugar this weekend past, so I'm kinda blaming it on that. Hate missing my new job..... :angry: Maybe I have colitis or something. I'm going to start taking low dose loperamide and give it a few weeks, see what happens, if it helps or makes me constipated or what. Do you guys know of any very fast acting, short term anti-diarrhea drugs I could ask my doctor about? I don't really want to take any long term medications, since this is a fairly infrequent issue.

jerseyangel Proficient

Oh, poo, sillies. My tummy decided to have a hissy fit for an hour this morning at work. My office manager got worried (and obviously isn't interested in paying me to sit on the toilet all day) and sent me home. I hope they don't start thinking I'm all kinds of unreliable. I've got to figure out why my tummy still does this. I had way too much sugar this weekend past, so I'm kinda blaming it on that. Hate missing my new job..... :angry: Maybe I have colitis or something. I'm going to start taking low dose loperamide and give it a few weeks, see what happens, if it helps or makes me constipated or what. Do you guys know of any very fast acting, short term anti-diarrhea drugs I could ask my doctor about? I don't really want to take any long term medications, since this is a fairly infrequent issue.

I'm so sorry Bunnie--my stomach does the same every so often for seemingly no reason. I chalk it up to having a sensitive system, and it doesn't take much to throw off the balance.

Truthfully, I've discussed this with the gastro that I had in PA (she was my fave) and she said it was fine to take Immodium as needed. I use it "just in case" all the time. At this point, there are times where it's just as useful for the anxiety as it is for what it's actually intended for! Knowing I've taken it helps me to relax and forget about my stomach.

Maybe try one or two (me, I'd do two) in the morning and see how it goes. You can always cut back the dosage, or try every other day. I got to a point about a year ago that I wasn't letting my bowels dictate what I can and can't do anymore and I find Immodium lets me do that. I can control it now as opposed to the other way around.

It doesn't cause me any other side effects, so I've never looked into Rx meds.

Also, do you take calcium supplements? Caltrate w/D can also be useful for those of us prone to diarrhea. It's not absorbed as well as other forms of calcium, so the "wasted" part acts to absorb fluids as it passes through the digestive system.

We gotta phigure this thing out....you love your new job and I hate to see you worried. ;)

Thanks Patee.... you always know the right thing to say. I was going to try and go back into work today, but i knew I'd be mentally retarded. I can't even type straight, just had to delete and retype a million times typing this.

I've used imodium 'just in case' for like, big days, weddings and stuff, and my first day of work, anytime I'm going to be nervous or stressed. This one came out of the blue, and as I do feel rather ill still, I'm guessing it's totally food related. I usually feel fine by the time I'm two hours past the event, much less six. So I'll be taking some Imodium every day for a while I think, I have a call in to my doc to ask about stronger spot treatments, because Imodium doesn't work very fast on me. I really don't want to take any Rx's daily.

mushroom Proficient

Boring day today. Must run errands before the rain, thunder, lightening, wind, tornados, etc. Same boring weather.

Now I'm the one reading about tomatoes with my blurry mornin' eyes! Groggy tomatoes - groggy tomatoes ! Okay, that works for me.... Oh, wait, I don't eat tomtoes! Booh.

have a midterm today, so I really will be needing that drink when Rayshell gets here. I'm really tired of studying

Jess, you only just did phinals, now you is in midterms already??? On what terms are your terms?? T'is mid-May ferevvins sakes!

Oh, poo, sillies. My tummy decided to have a hissy fit for an hour this morning at work. My office manager got worried (and obviously isn't interested in paying me to sit on the toilet all day) and sent me home. I hope they don't start thinking I'm all kinds of unreliable. I've got to figure out why my tummy still does this. I had way too much sugar this weekend past, so I'm kinda blaming it on that. Hate missing my new job..... :angry:

Oh bunny, sorry that the old tumtum is interfering with your bootiphul new job. Sorry also that imodium is not a quick actor for you. I used to rely on that a LOT. You would need to talk to my niece - she has a business which requires lots of travel to all the Pacific Island groups, the depths of New Guinea, all kinds of scary places wif strange foods. I was chastising her one day on what a mess her travelling suitcase was, weighed a ton, and she was going through explaining why she had everything she had with her, and she says, and these are my 'starters' and these are my 'stoppers' and she had several different kinds of stoppers!!!

I need a cupcake too, but all I have is apple shortcake - might have summadat.

I had my tooth removed yesterday, and by the time he got done with it it came out in ten different pieces! (Well, he did do some drill cutting to aid this along). Talk about a bad-acting tooth! Had a big ole abscess on one root, another root was cracked right down the middle, the crown had broken loose and the tooth had cracked horizontally too. This all started 35 years ago when another dentist really screwed it up big time, put on a crown that was too small and the tooth cracked the first time I really bit on it and it took me a month to convince him there was a problem with it because he didn't want to redo the crown. And then he had to build up the tooth because after that crack there wasn't a lot left to crown! Now I am going to need an implant. Bah! Humbug! But I pheel phine today.

I need a cupcake too, but all I have is apple shortcake - might have summadat.

I had my tooth removed yesterday, and by the time he got done with it it came out in ten different pieces! (Well, he did do some drill cutting to aid this along). Talk about a bad-acting tooth! Had a big ole abscess on one root, another root was cracked right down the middle, the crown had broken loose and the tooth had cracked horizontally too. This all started 35 years ago when another dentist really screwed it up big time, put on a crown that was too small and the tooth cracked the first time I really bit on it and it took me a month to convince him there was a problem with it because he didn't want to redo the crown. And then he had to build up the tooth because after that crack there wasn't a lot left to crown! Now I am going to need an implant. Bah! Humbug! But I pheel phine today.

Stooopid dentist!!! Same stuff happened to my mother's teeth, she eventually had to just get them all taken out and get dentures. She's only 57. Sucks.

Yeah, so apparently, I just realized this, tomatoes are my issue! No kidding, I had tomato mozz salad on Monday and Tuesday, and then yesterday I had pasta sauce for dinner. I'm a dumba$$. Way too much tomatoes for me, I just wasn't paying attention. So I'll be good! I actually had a whole six months where I couldn't have any tomatos, and thought I had added them back successfully. I was wrong. *smacks forehead......

mushroom Proficient

Yeah, so apparently, I just realized this, tomatoes are my issue! No kidding, I had tomato mozz salad on Monday and Tuesday, and then yesterday I had pasta sauce for dinner. I'm a dumba$. Way too much tomatoes for me, I just wasn't paying attention. So I'll be good! I actually had a whole six months where I couldn't have any tomatos, and thought I had added them back successfully. I was wrong. *smacks forehead......

Glad I helped ya phigure it out!

jerseyangel Proficient

Don't smack yerselph Bunnie--I just found myself sensitive (really sensitive) to lemons. I hadn't had freshly brewed ice tea in a long time and got a hankering for it last week so I made some. I had a wedge of lemon in a glass every day and after about 4 days I was having D, then ...well suffice it to say that I felt like I was burning from my mouth on down.

Took a week to clear up. I've stayed away from citrus for quite a while ever since my daily orange juice began giving me problems after I went gluten-free. I've read that tomatoes and strawberries can act similarly.

Jeesh :angry:

Jestgar Rising Star

Yeah, so apparently, I just realized this, tomatoes are my issue! No kidding, I had tomato mozz salad on Monday and Tuesday, and then yesterday I had pasta sauce for dinner. I'm a dumba$$. Way too much tomatoes for me, I just wasn't paying attention. So I'll be good! I actually had a whole six months where I couldn't have any tomatos, and thought I had added them back successfully. I was wrong. *smacks forehead......

Hate when I do stuff like that. I forgot I couldn't eat walnuts. Remembered was reminded after eating a whole bowl of them....

Archived