This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Mtndog Collaborator

Art recap by Lisa

When did we lose our insanity? We's still phunny- just not drunk-on-yeti-wine crazy

Yes. Younger then the first 3 kids, slightly older than the one she married, and older then the last one. Then there were 2 kids they adopted but gave away. Very "Jerry Springer". (a show where odd people come on and confess to indiscretions and fight each other)

Uhm...wow!

Awesome!!! I'm already learning how to do certain 'special' things so I can be a 'backup' person for when one guy's wife has a baby. Makes me feel good!

Yippee! Go BUNNEIGH!

The classic symptoms of low blood sugar happened to you, if I remember correctly: Shaking, weakness, sweat, dizziness.. .... . . ...and it typically happens when one has gone too long without food. Stomach issues aren't normally present, however, but nausea can be, as can tingling around the lips, general confusion and a hammering heartrate.

Yep- that's what happens to me. But you said your stomach feels like it's digesting itself which makes me wonder if you go too long without eating, your stomach acid irritates your tummy. Just another thought.

Is this like the women who live together all have their periods at the same time thing? People who post together all end up with hypoglycemia?

:lol: Why can't we get sumphin' fun together!

JOODEEE- COME BAAAACCCKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

OK Bev. We seem to be having Midori martinis this weekend. Hope this suits you 'cuz I am well sooted already.

Open Original Shared Link

but with a splash o lemon

Poifect! Am I hungover today? :P

It's been a long road. She's been thru the ringer, and she just has to keep doing it over and over because of her liver function. She's been sick off and on her whole life and it took until about 2 years ago when she found this amazing doctor who has done wonders for her, thank God!

That's crazy Rachelle- I have a friend who passed it on to both her daughters (she and her husband both had it and didn't know) and they are really sick- PICC lines, horrible depression. It's nasty disease.

small humans do this too?

And apparently brides on their wedding day have threatened weathermen for predicting rain on their wedding day. Some chickens (and bridezillas) are just unreasonable!

Not the ones that believe in a God. You can blame the weather on God. I think the dog may blame me for the thunder.

Yep- my nieces told me they really wished God would stop bowling! As their 95 pound Doberman shakes like a leaf under the coffee table.

So by having non-smooth-skinned children I still get "it's all your fault" without getting the macaroni-glued-onto-paper pictures that declare undying love?

Yep! At least they don't ask you for a walk everyday regardless of the weather :lol: :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

Not the ones that believe in a God. You can blame the weather on God. I think the dog may blame me for the thunder.

My kids blame everything BUT the weather on me.. . . ......their big feet, strange noses, loud, startling voices.... . . . ..... . .

And actually, they're correct - - I AM to blame for all that!! :lol:

kareng Grand Master

Well, couldn't get out of hosting the in laws. Much hilarity may ensue. I hope! We need some phony stories. Or phunny ones as I was trying to type. (The spell check made that correction.)

jerseyangel Proficient

Well, couldn't get out of hosting the in laws. Much hilarity may ensue. I hope! We need some phony stories. Or phunny ones as I was trying to type. (The spell check made that correction.)

Good luck wif it, Karreighn!!! Maybe just print out page 1700 and pass it around the table?

jerseyangel Proficient

I'm phinding myself lost deep in the bowels of the sillie thread. :lol: We outta take it on the road.

Jestgar Rising Star

I'm phinding myself lost deep in the bowels of the sillie thread. :lol: We outta take it on the road.

:lol: :lol:

There's some phony phunny stuph in there.

elye Community Regular

Good luck wif it, Karreighn!!! Maybe just print out page 1700 and pass it around the table?

I should hand pages 1700-1800 to MY MIL, who is currently in town but not with us until Wednesday.

I wonder what her take would be on those hundred pages.... . . . ..or on ANY chunk of the psilly thread. Perhaps I will dig up the crutch-tip-in-the-bottom-of-my-ho-tub incident. Or our musings on penis-to-thumb ratio...... .. ...gosh, so much I could expose her to. :lol:

I can actually see it, now, quite clearly.... . . she would read quietly through a few pages, tight-lipped.... ..... . then she would place the stack of pages on the coffee table in front of her, clear her throat, get up, reach for her bag and walk out the door.

:lol:

There's some phony phunny stuph in there.

And perhaps phony stuff, as well. . .. .. .. . ...was it Sooooozle who has historically kept bringing up implants?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

I can actually see it, now, quite clearly.... . . she would read quietly through a few pages, tight-lipped.... ..... . then she would place the stack of pages on the coffee table in front of her, clear her throat, get up, reach for her bag and walk out the door.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

psawyer Proficient

Life is interesting in this phamily. There seems to be a phamily pheud on the in-law side.

The cats did not give me anything special today. Bagheera remains inquisitive, affectionate, and phearless! He found a toy this afternoon which has a mouse on a spinner inside a partial enclosure. He keeps battting at it over and over to see if he can get it out. He cant, BTW, that is the point of the Motor Mouse. It can be made to turn on battery power, but he is doing phine without any help.

Advice: DO NOT TRY TO SPELL CHECK A PSILLY POST! ;)

elye Community Regular

Yup. .. .. . .....things can lapse into real phoniness. .. .. ....!

elye Community Regular

Wow, my first double in ages.. ..... :unsure: . . .. ......

jerseyangel Proficient

Wow, my first double in ages.. ..... :unsure: . . .. ......

M-m-m-m...I wonder what this means?? :huh:

kareng Grand Master

Well, nothing too phunny at dinner tonight. The MIL did not come. Said she had something else. This is what usually happens or the FIL never shows or calls a few minutes before to say he can't come. The only funny thing was niece, 19, explaining college drinking games. My dad trying not to laugh, my mom, who didn't wear her hearing aid, looking blank and eating more cookies. When she gets back to the nursing home and they take her blood sugar......

One game involves darts from a dart board game and full beer cans. 2 people sit in lawn chairs with a beer can at their feet. One throws a dart at the can at the others feet. Where the dart hits, the person whose can it is must drink it down to the dart. Of course, one does not want to waste the rest of the beer so they usually finish it. After several rounds, with fresh cans of beer, a person's aim gets worse but you don't feel the dart.

Will add another game tomorrow.

jerseyangel Proficient

One game involves darts from a dart board game and full beer cans. 2 people sit in lawn chairs with a beer can at their feet. One throws a dart at the can at the others feet. Where the dart hits, the person whose can it is must drink it down to the dart. Of course, one does not want to waste the rest of the beer so they usually finish it. After several rounds, with fresh cans of beer, a person's aim gets worse but you don't feel the dart.

Ah....to be young again... :rolleyes:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

So by having non-smooth-skinned children I still get "it's all your fault" without getting the macaroni-glued-onto-paper pictures that declare undying love?

Cool! - don't forget the glitter with the evil gluten, that falls off & stubbornly gets stuck on everything :rolleyes:

.....including your face - but you don't know, & everyone thinks you are a vampire or summat 'cos you sparkle like Edward Cullen in the sunlight :blink:

When she gets back to the nursing home and they take her blood sugar......

*snort*!!

Will add another game tomorrow.

:lol:

Wait ... :unsure: ...my son is probably playing this WITH SHOTS in Spain right now <_<

Ok peeps, couldn't make it to Stonehenge for sunrise meselph, - but t'is Open Original Shared Link today or midsummer's day ('cept Shroomie who's upside down :blink: .)

Make it a good one 'cos it's THE L-O-N-G-E-S-T daaaaaaaaaaay

(daylight hours will be gettin' shorter now?? WIH???...always annoys me :angry: )

elye Community Regular

(daylight hours will be gettin' shorter now?? WIH???...always annoys me :angry: )

Well.. .. . wouldn't ya know it. .. . . .... . it's the longest day of the year today, and MIL descends on our household.. .. .. .. . .. <_<

OMG, drinking games.. . . . . . .... . . .. :wacko:

jerseyangel Proficient

Well.. .. . wouldn't ya know it. .. . . .... . it's the longest day of the year today, and MIL descends on our household.. ..

Good gawd Em--darn the luck! :lol:

Stay strong--sneak back here often ;)

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Geeze, I come from 80 degrees and fabulous, to 59 degrees and rain in a matter of 10 minutes <_< We were trying to come up with new names for Vancouver in this Junuary blah that we're in. The kids came up with Raincouver, Seacouver, Vanlympic Peninsula.... I'm SICK of this rain!!!!

small humans do this too?

Constantly! I am at fault for anything that goes wrong :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol:

Cool! - don't forget the glitter with the evil gluten, that falls off & stubbornly gets stuck on everything :rolleyes:

.....including your face - but you don't know, & everyone thinks you are a vampire or summat 'cos you sparkle like Edward Cullen in the sunlight :blink:

Da glitter eeez da Herpes of craft projects, cannae evah get rid of it!

kareng Grand Master

How about another college drinking game I heard about last night? It involves sticking a piece of pole in the ground or using a fence pole. You put a glass beer bottle on the pole. One team throws a frisbee at the bottle and tries to knock it off. The other team "defends". They can catch the bottle before it lands or catch the frisbee at anytime in the process to earn points and keep the other team from earning points. I know you must drink before starting so that you have empty bottles to use. I think after so many points, you must also drink. This could get messy if the bottles are not caught.

Husband then showed her the proper technique for rolling a quarter so that it would stay on its side an roll across the whole table. Thus guaranteeing you will win the "Quarters" game. I'm not sure of all the rules but here's the technique demonstrated by my Hub: Take the quarter and roll it down your nose. It hit the table and does roll on its side. Now everyone, you know you want to try this! :P

curlyfries Contributor

Karreighn--I phinally phigured out what the kitty in yer av looks like--a baby's pacifier! :lol:

EXACTLY!!!

I can't get past the pacifier to see the kitteh :blink:

We can all be mizrabl together (I ain't planning on getting old, the rest a' yas can make your own decision). :D

He!! no....I'm NEVER geting old!

Too many things I haven't done yet B)

kareng Grand Master

This is what he looks like! Odd looking kitty.

curlyfries Contributor

And perhaps phony stuff, as well. . .. .. .. . ...was it Sooooozle who has historically kept bringing up implants?

That be her :P

Speaking of..........did she suddenly get a life? :unsure:

Missing Soozle :(

Reminds me of the glittery va-jay-jay stories :lol:

elye Community Regular

Take the quarter and roll it down your nose. It hit the table and does roll on its side. Now everyone, you know you want to try this! :P

Mygawd... ..this must involve some obscure law of physics...

All right, just tried this - - rolled a quarter off me nose - - and it immediately hit the table, rolled on its side for about an inch, and then flipped to a stop. I obviously do not have the prototype nose for this task.. . .. ..perhaps one needs a ski-jump model, where the quarter arcs somewhat upward before descending. Or a large Roman shape, and the quarter would simply drop off very quickly, exerting more force.. . . . ...

Perhaps it works exclusively with American quarters, not Canuck quarters.

What if you have allergies, and your nose is full of mucous?

How about acne - - do zits sitting on the path of the quarter affect results?

So many possible variables. Hmm.. . ..could be quite the scientific study.. . . . ......Jyessss?

Reminds me of the glittery va-jay-jay stories :lol:

OMG . ..... . .. ..I wish I had the nerve to intentionally prepare this way for my next PAP smear. . .. .. . ..:lol:

Mtndog Collaborator

Suzzle may be on her quest for implants and a glittering va jay jay as we speak! I miss her too- and our sweet Jules!

Only someone clinically delusional would do dat!

Ok peeps, couldn't make it to Stonehenge for sunrise meselph, - but t'is Open Original Shared Link today or midsummer's day ('cept Shroomie who's upside down :blink: .)

Hubby gets depressed- says it's all downhill from here! I am actually more of a September-December person so whateva!

Well.. .. . wouldn't ya know it. .. . . .... . it's the longest day of the year today, and MIL descends on our household.. .. .. .. . ..

I smell a plot- an eevil plot!

Raincouver, Seacouver, Vanlympic Peninsula.... I'm SICK of this rain!!!!

Da glitter eeez da Herpes of craft projects, cannae evah get rid of it!

Rachelle- Your posts are always so darn phunny! :lol:

This is what he looks like! Odd looking kitty.

I see him! Phinally!

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Perhaps it works exclusively with American quarters, not Canuck quarters.

T'was thinking a similar thing meselph.

Will it work with pence?? :unsure: - what denomination should I use??

One p =too small, as is 5p

Two p or 10?? Heads or tailz??

I MUST KNOW!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Meanwhile...EM!!!...tough luck on MIL arrival on what will be the longest day <_<

Have you bubble wrapped yer car yet???

Sparkling va-jay-jays!! :lol:

BEVEL!! - how's the bite on your arm?? :unsure:

PHlat tYre this morning <_< ...never welcome,then on to the hospital for Terry's cardiology appt.

I think I told you guys he was having tests on his heart - well today was the results of his cardiac MRI.

The doc said it showed that Terry HAS HAD several heart attacks :o:unsure::o

What the french toast?!?!?!

I have actually took him to the ER many times over the years with chest pain - but it was dismissed as indigestion/arthritis of the ribs etc :(

The doc said it was quite unusual as he has NO furring of the arteries <_<

He thinks it's either the drugs for his arthritis have caused it, OR, a virus, OR caused by electrolyte/salt imbalances when he was very ill/thin pre dx of celiac disease.

Whatever the cause he has to start an drug to help his heart pump better <_<

Archived