This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient

There is a bit of sadness in the house. Due to escalating problems, we had to send Bagheera back on Friday morning. The difficult and heartbreaking decision came on Thursday. He is such a sweet and loving little guy who gets along wonderfully with humans. Unfortunately, it seems that he needs to be in a one-cat household. :(:(

This brings me to other very sad news that I must mention to you, my dear friends. Our beautiful, dear rescued standard poodle, Charlie, is no longer with us. Such a sad tale, and I am still grieving.

:( My gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this :( My phriends, we can do the best we can wif the very best of intentions, but sometimes for whatever reason it just can't work out. Heartbreaking. Em and PeOter, (((warm hugs))) to you both along wif Jacquie and Em's family. I'm really sorry :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

Oh Emmy, I'm so sorry. I guess your dad needed a dog and figured one trained by you would be the best kind.

Yes! Jyesss, an absolutely perfect thing to think. :) :) I must tell the kids this.

elye Community Regular

Annnnnnnnnd.... ... . . . . .....I think I'd best be changing my av.. . . ..

Jestgar Rising Star

There is a bit of sadness in the house. Due to escalating problems, we had to send Bagheera back on Friday morning. The difficult and heartbreaking decision came on Thursday. He is such a sweet and loving little guy who gets along wonderfully with humans. Unfortunately, it seems that he needs to be in a one-cat household. :(:(

Sorry for this Peter. :( A one-cat cat in a multi household is an unhappy mix for everyone. You'll find the perfect kitty and Bagheera will find a home where he can be the most spoiledest cat around.

kareng Grand Master

Oh Em! I am so sorry about the doggy.

WardGirl Rookie

Emily, I sorry to hear about Charles. You gave him a chance when no one else would.

mushroom Proficient

Emily, I sorry to hear about Charles. You gave him a chance when no one else would.

Peter, Jacquie, Em - so sorry for your losses. You all did your bestest to beat the odds and make loving homes for stranded/abused pets, but sometimes it doesn't work no matter what you do. Those who mistreat animals are the lowest forms of life and deserve the same treatment themselves. As for Bugheera, I'm with the others - he will find a one-pet household and flourish, I am sure. Such a cutie :wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Evenin' peeps--just pooping by again to say I'll be in the abyss for the next few days. I'll have WiFi in evenings, and will check in then. The adventure begins tomorrow! ;)

:wub:

psawyer Proficient

Evenin' peeps--just pooping by again to say I'll be in the abyss for the next few days. I'll have WiFi in evenings, and will check in then. The adventure begins tomorrow! ;)

:wub:

Have a safe trip. Hopefully things will be sorted out quickly in Texas and you can soon focus on family in NJ and friends everywhere. :wub:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

T'is a drive by.....BUT

BIG {{{{HUGS}}}}} to Em and POeter re: Charles and Bagheera :(

So sorry guys <_< (hope The ripper's ok Em)

Pad-Tea's leaving TexASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saphe travels phellow psilly!, be sure let us know when you're settled :)

Hope all yee Yanks had a happy 4th July!

fireworks.GIF

Jestgar Rising Star

Beginning the great tiling adventure. I'll let you know how it goes.

mushroom Proficient

Our Jill of all trades :rolleyes:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Will there be pics on da book??

Happy tiling Jess!! :D

kareng Grand Master

Are you doing the floor and the backsplash? You will do really well. The hardest part is getting the base, especially a floor, smooth and flat. The tile part is easy, especially with a mathematical mind. Put up pics for us!

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!! Fireworks went on here till about 2am. Earplugs only work so well.... Today I have a sugar hangover...Those cookies I said I shouldn't make, well I ate about 1/2 a batch of those and a red/white/blue cherry tart that was TDF!!!!! pics of both on the blog. I'm eating nothing but egg whites and veggies today!

Well guys, believe it or not, my admitting physician was Dr. John Hung :lol: , and I think he must have changed his name to compensate for the tiny thumbs, like little matchsticks they were :rolleyes:.

Heee!! We have a Dr. McGivor and a Dr. Klotz. People are afraid to have McGivor, but I figure he can fix anything, even if it's with a paperclip and some rope :P Dr. Klotz delivered Max. I still get a kick out of his name :rolleyes:

POeter, I am so sorry to hear this. A beautiful little kitten like Bagheera will find a new home quickly, for sure.

This brings me to other very sad news that I must mention to you, my dear friends.

Well, after SO much work, so much obedience training, desensitization and counter-conditioning, he still had a long way to go. Last week he suddenly bit Jack, and we knew that was it.... ..the final straw.

He was such a big, beautiful, loving animal. . . ..but some horrid, poor excuse for a human being mistreated him for the first five years of his life, and forever scarred him.

So sorry Peetah and Em for your losses. They were lucky to have you, even if only for a short time :wub:

curlyfries Contributor

Well, psillies.....ya better sit down.

I'm just gonna come right out and say it.......

Yesterday, Brian and I were in a motorcycle accident. We're ok. I have a broken arm. We both have road rash and bruises. Brian's ribs are bruised. My arm is strapped to my body for 6 weeks.

Some idiot pulled out of a parking lot, intending to get into the center turn lane. Trouble was....another car was already there. So she stopped in our lane.

Good news is......I'M STILL GOING TO CHICAGO!!!!!!!! :D

I got a friend to go with me. ;)

See you soon, Em! :wub:

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Well, psillies.....ya better sit down.

I'm just gonna come right out and say it.......

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?????!!!!!?????

You are NO longer allowed to ride a motorcycle again young lady!!!!!!

Glad you guys are "OK" but still!!! Get rid of it!!!!

kareng Grand Master

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?????!!!!!?????

You are NO longer allowed to ride a motorcycle again young lady!!!!!!

Glad you guys are "OK" but still!!! Get rid of it!!!!

I'm glad you two are OK. I'm really glad you are able to go to Chicago.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

LEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP scaring me!!! :o:unsure:

So glad ur both ok..... the upside??.....NO HOUSEWORK FOR 6 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!! Fireworks went on here till about 2am. Earplugs only work so well.... Today I have a sugar hangover...Those cookies I said I shouldn't make, well I ate about 1/2 a batch of those and a red/white/blue cherry tart that was TDF!!!!! pics of both on the blog. I'm eating nothing but egg whites and veggies today!

This is the thing with baking yummy phood!!!!

Ah, the old egg white and veg day..... I am familiar

zero points eh ;)

elye Community Regular

Yesterday, Brian and I were in a motorcycle accident.

Good news is......I'M STILL GOING TO CHICAGO!!!!!!!! :D

YAAAAAYYY! Leeeesargh's banged up and broken, but she's still comin' to Chicago!!!! :D :D

But BOOOOOOO on that accident -- Leeeese, we don't want you riding motorcycles anymore... . . . .. :unsure:

It is so fantastic that you are still coming. Cannot wait for this - -it will be the event of the summer for me. Like when Patteigh and Mark met Will and I in Philly, our hotel again has free fancy cocktails and hors d'ouevres from 5 to 7. I say we just sit in the comfy loungers and get pissed. Leeese, you'll forget all about yer arm strapped to yer side.. . .

Um, speaking of which - - you're not the one driving, are you?? :unsure:

Jestgar Rising Star

Dang it Lisa! Not sure if you should run out and buy lottery tickets, or stay away from earthquake zones.

I hope you and your friend are taking a car to Chicago.

Tiling:221 pounds down, 770 to go

curlyfries Contributor

So glad ur both ok..... the upside??.....NO HOUSEWORK FOR 6 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

WOOHOO!!!!!! :D

It is so fantastic that you are still coming. Cannot wait for this - -it will be the event of the summer for me. Like when Patteigh and Mark met Will and I in Philly, our hotel again has free fancy cocktails and hors d'ouevres from 5 to 7. I say we just sit in the comfy loungers and get pissed. Leeese, you'll forget all about yer arm strapped to yer side.. . .

Um, speaking of which - - you're not the one driving, are you?? :unsure:

I'm sure I'll be doing my share of the driving. So getting pissed may not be a good idea :P I'm hoping to get there early enough to do something about town. Don't forget....I'll have a car to get us around :)

tom Contributor

Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some may not know that's me 'ometown. Been gone a long long time tho.

I've read of VERY high acclaim for some gluten-free restaurants. Couple threads here, right?

Em musta read those.

:greenwithenvyguy:

Wish I could go too. Lakeshore Dr, Grant Park, Art Institute etc, Mich Ave, Wrigley . ..

Still catching up (again) but I think there was a missed pinch-punch opp a few days ago. Gnichhr's slippin.

elye Community Regular

Ptaoughmghmnusss! :) Hallooooooooo!

Come to Chicago! That toddlin' town is just waitin' for us.... .!!

Wish I could go too. Lakeshore Dr, Grant Park, Art Institute etc, Mich Ave, Wrigley . ..

Yes! I canna wait for all of this....won't know where to begin... ..... . .. .I really can't wait to find me some great, live Chicago jazz.. . . . . . .......:) :) B)

Yes, at one point on Thursday past I noticed, as well, the absence of Gnick's Pinch Punch Yell. . .. but it was Canada Day and I remained too distracted over this to yell it out meselph. Anyways, NO ONE can do it like Gnick.. . . . ......

Archived