This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular

You eft before work?? Shocking!

Gah! I canna do this.. . . .not enough time in the morning, what with kids getting up, dogs to be let out and fed, insulin to be injected.. . . . need more time fer effin'. . . . . .. . . .. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jestgar Rising Star

BE is your current hubby or boyfriend?

mmmmmm. Not even sure it's 'boyfriend' status. I think we're still just 'dating'. Not sure how you know when it changes.

Gah! I canna do this.. . . .not enough time in the morning, what with kids getting up, dogs to be let out and fed, insulin to be injected.. . . . need more time fer effin'. . . . . .. . . .. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

He seems to think that's a fine idea. :P

Imagine that :P

what with kids getting up...

Oh yeah....

Loey Rising Star

Kinda kick starts yer day.....

When he surprised me before I left it kept a smile on my face all night at work! He was the one who left work early. Then sometimes he'd surprise me and be at my apartment (asleep) when I got home. At this point he lived an hour away and I saw him on my days off (Friday and Sat). He once left a scrabble board with I Miss Lil Loey (horizontally) I'm in bedroom (vertically) and Rob lonely in another direction. He did a lot of sweet things. A lot of our friends said it wouldn't work because of our age difference. They're all divorced or single now.

I actually was a pregnant bride. I didn't think I could get pregnant and found out that I was two weeks before I was meeting him in Spain. I was terrified because I didn't want to cage him in. He was confronting his father who left when he was 7, before I got there. He would call and ask what was new but I didn't want to tell him on the phone. I waited until we got to the hotel and I said "I have good news and possibly bad news- the good news is I'm fertile, the bad news is I'm pregnant" he immediately said "we'll get married." I told him he still had to propose. So we had the honeymoon, then the wedding, and then our son. I don't think I ever do anything in the normal order. When I picked out my wedding dress I stuffed pillows in it. Now that was a hoot! I also couldn't stop laughing during my wedding vows (I think it was nerves and the sip of champagne the doctor told me I could have- should have had it later). The pictures look like I was crying. I had a cousin who yelled from the back "Lois go to your room" because that always happened during the holidays at our house.

OK, I've bored you all enough.

Loey rolleyes.gif

Loey Rising Star

Don't think it's Celiac related....from personal experience I'm thinking menopause/perimenopause? Since I had me hysters removed, I've resorted to using a little cream--make things go much more smoothly :ph34r:

Good gawd.....

I believe it :P

Just sayin....

Yeah, I keep the cream next to the bed. Just in case we're awake. We've turned into old farts and head to bed by 9 (although I'm not usually ready for sleep by then).

Loey

Loey Rising Star

mmmmmm. Not even sure it's 'boyfriend' status. I think we're still just 'dating'. Not sure how you know when it changes.

When he has a set of everything at your house and you see him most nights of the week, I think. Have you been together long (am I being too nosy?).

Superman and I decided it was "it" the 2nd night we were together. In those days it was important to be monogamous because it was just the beginning of HIV. I actually met him because my first husband had died and I had this high tech burglar alarm that evidently went off every night while I was at work. He went to the super and asked what I was guarding. The super explained my situation and that I came home late at night and didn't want any surprises. I left my current hubby an apology and the rest is hisstory. I had chosen not to date for two years after my husband died and it was almost two years to the date. I remained close with my first husband's parents and they loved Superman and actually called me to tell me to date him.

Loey

Jestgar Rising Star

When he surprised me before I left it kept a smile on my face all night at work! He was the one who left work early. Then sometimes he'd surprise me and be at my apartment (asleep) when I got home. At this point he lived an hour away and I saw him on my days off (Friday and Sat). He once left a scrabble board with I Miss Lil Loey (horizontally) I'm in bedroom (vertically) and Rob lonely in another direction. He did a lot of sweet things. A lot of our friends said it wouldn't work because of our age difference. They're all divorced or single now.

I actually was a pregnant bride. I didn't think I could get pregnant and found out that I was two weeks before I was meeting him in Spain. I was terrified because I didn't want to cage him in. He was confronting his father who left when he was 7, before I got there. He would call and ask what was new but I didn't want to tell him on the phone. I waited until we got to the hotel and I said "I have good news and possibly bad news- the good news is I'm fertile, the bad news is I'm pregnant" he immediately said "we'll get married." I told him he still had to propose. So we had the honeymoon, then the wedding, and then our son. I don't think I ever do anything in the normal order. When I picked out my wedding dress I stuffed pillows in it. Now that was a hoot! I also couldn't stop laughing during my wedding vows (I think it was nerves and the sip of champagne the doctor told me I could have- should have had it later). The pictures look like I was crying. I had a cousin who yelled from the back "Lois go to your room" because that always happened during the holidays at our house.

OK, I've bored you all enough.

Loey rolleyes.gif

This whole story is sweet. :)

You can follow my whole Blue Eyes adventure by starting here.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Loey Rising Star

This whole story is sweet. :)

You can follow my whole Blue Eyes adventure by starting here.

Thanks!

I think we all have a soul mate out there and when we meet them we know. Sometimes it takes longer to meet them.

It's a matter of finding the faults you can live with in the other person. And believe me Clark and I have plenty of faults. OK, I'm getting two deep for the psilly thread. TIme to follow your adventures with Blue Eyes!

Loey

Jestgar Rising Star

It was kinda weird last night. He did the 'I really like you' thing, followed by 'not sure how you feel about me'. Weird because I had been thinking the same thing all day. "What if he says those nice things to every woman?" "How do I know how I really rate in his awesome-o-meter?" "Is this as amazing to him as it is to me?" And then I decided I was being whiny and insecure and it didn't matter, just have fun. :P

kareng Grand Master

Just looked at the Yeti, as he has been following along. He has turned bright pink! I think this line of discussion has him blushing.

Jestgar Rising Star

Just looked at the Yeti, as he has been following along. He has turned bright pink! I think this line of discussion has him blushing.

Ya gotta love a bunch of people that can make a yeti blush.

kareng Grand Master

I don't know his past history with everyone, but so far he seems like an easy pet. Had to set down a few rules:

Don't eat the dog or the neighbors dog

Wipe the mud off those big feet on the rug at the door

No one eats the gluten-free cookies or pretzels without written approval

Shower everyday and use shampoo ( will need to get more for the boys shower)

No friends over if no adult is home

Jestgar Rising Star

Clean the hair outta the drain when you're done.

jerseyangel Proficient

No friends over if no adult is home

Smart thinkin'--he's been known to have some wild ho (tm. Em) tub parties ;)

kareng Grand Master

Clean the hair outta the drain when you're done.

That and put the toliet seat down

jerseyangel Proficient

It was kinda weird last night. He did the 'I really like you' thing, followed by 'not sure how you feel about me'. Weird because I had been thinking the same thing all day. "What if he says those nice things to every woman?" "How do I know how I really rate in his awesome-o-meter?" "Is this as amazing to him as it is to me?" And then I decided I was being whiny and insecure and it didn't matter, just have fun. :P

Actually, I don't think you are insecure by wondering this--it's normal. So normal in fact that he was wondering the same thing :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Havin' a little White Merlot whilst cooking.....

Jestgar Rising Star

Don't ferget the toaster.

Loey Rising Star

I have a little story to tell. I was trying to explain this to a co-worker and I was laughing so hard at the rediculousness of it all. This is a true story (unfortunately), my girlfriend thinks I should write a book :lol:

(Some names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent)

Jim is my father, he married Terry, my mother, right before I was born

Jim cheated on Terry with my bother and sister's best friends' mother Sandy (I was her nanny while she was "in the gym" (or in the 'Jim' :huh::lol: ). I was 12

Terry divorced Jim

Terry married Stan and lived happily ever after--sooo not the end of the story... ;)

Jim married Lydia (Sandy got a divorce, got a nose job to try to escape her shame and has rarely been seen since)

Jim got busted for pot, Lydia divorced him

Jim started dating the following:

Tanya-alcoholic, weird

Teresa-missing teeth but super nice

Hannah-my age :huh:

He brought all of these ladies (seprately of course) to our family beach weekends--14-17 of us in 1 house and he brings random strangers he's 'in love' with.

--I walk in on Teresa topless in the kitchen

--Hannah refuses to talk to me

--Tanya is just DRUNK the whole time and won't SHUT UP!!!

FFW 6 months (last Thanksgiving)...

Jim is BFF's with JIM (name NOT changed!) and his wife--we'll call her Crazy

Right before Thanksgiving, JIM drives up into the woods, texts Jim one last time and blows a hole thru his heart with his gun

Christmas day, Jim and Crazy are at my grandma's and Crazy is calling nana, "Mom" and Jim, "Sweetheart" :huh:

New Years Eve-Jim is soooo overcome with emotion and love for Crazy that he gets down on 1 knee and proposes to her right then and there

--Since they have 2 witnesses there with them, Jim marries himself to Crazy right then and there (NO he can't really do that--but he did.....)

She calls my auntie right away to tell her the good news, auntie is P.O'd and tells Jim to call nana right away

FFW 4 months (Beach weekend)

Nana still doesn't know

I'm not supposed to know but auntie told me, cuz we're tight

My brother and sister don't know cuz I sure as heck wasn't going to tell them

Crazy busts into the room-already drunk before arriving- and tells everyone they're married

Brother is P.O'd, sister is upset, I've been drinking so I think its all Heeeelarious!

Crazy asks me to step outside with her and have a chat

--for 20 minutes she lectures me (or slurrrrrrs at me) about my relationship with my dad and how much she loves me and my kids (ummmm, first time I've met the freak), blah, blah, blah

--I tell her politely that it's none of her beeswax and that's that!

Crazy tells my dad that I took her outside and yelled at her and hated on her for 20 minutes :o

Everyone goes to bed, Crazy is passed out in her room

--at 2am she decideds to get up and have another beer, so she takes her beer and crawls in bed with my sister and her boyfriend and wants to chat. :blink:

--Think my sister coulda killed Crazy at this point

The next morning, Crazy skips out after breakfast and we don't see her again for the rest of the weekend :wacko:

Jim and I don't talk for a while after that

FFW 6 months

We're going to the beach this weekend

We're all scared about what's to come

Jim calls, says he's been sent out on a job in central Oregon

Jim and Crazy will not be going to the beach this weekend :D

THE END (for now.....)

WTF? That's quite a story!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loey huh.gif

Loey Rising Star

Oh, wow, Jestgar, that is some kind of talent there!!!

I can't even post my emoticons right yet. You have mad skills! But I did finish 2 grad school programs with a 4.0 (no statistics) so there's hope for me yet! Of course that was before the Celiac felled me like a big tree. I will survive!!!!

Loey biggrin.gif

Still following the story of BE

jerseyangel Proficient

Don't ferget the toaster.

Yeah--that little mother is in the cupboard.... <_<

Loey Rising Star

Just signed up for a very scary math/stat class

**whimper**

hold me :ph34r: :ph34r:

BTW, what did you go back to study?

Loey

mushroom Proficient

Makes ya wonder what all those cougars are doing with those energetic, but unskilled, little boys.

Upskilling them :P Trouble is, if you've trained em yerself there are no surprises :o

Also known as not enuff effin' time :rolleyes:

"Lois go to your room" :ph34r::o:o

Just practicing for the holidays :lol:

elye Community Regular

All right.. . .. . ..here is not the first appearance of the yeti in Psillyville, but it is an early account on his life with us, and the most memorable post to date on his shenanigans.. .. . . .

Well, I'm afraid that when <SOMEONE> put all those shells into the yeti's hair <SOMEONE> used a metallic glue which apparently hasn't washed out.

Once the yeti started through the maze and started sweating, the metal bits in his hair reacted with the metal electrodes. He's fine - no need to worry - he'll just be having a bad hair day for quite some time....

The maze, unfortunately, did not fare so well.

The sparks from the electrodes ignited the walls which smoked, more than they burned and set of the sprinkler system. The water put out the flaming yeti, but made the floor very slippery. As everyone ran for the exit, the yeti slipped on the floor, slid into the wall (taking out a whole row of fleeing scientist who actually became airborne from the force of the impact and were flung into the corners of the lab) and smashed through the wall into the monitoring room.

Well, if you've ever smelled a wet, smoldering yeti you'll understand why that room emptied almost immediately as well. Unfortunately, being full of scientists, they all forgot that they were actually connected to the monitoring panel by headsets and microphones and an assortment of wires. As they ran for the door they created a web of wires which they yeti ran into, and through.

As he ran through the hallway leaving a trail of smoke and stinking wet fur on the walls he dragged the bevy of scientists along by their headsets, their wires tangled around his left leg. He managed to shake them off and ran out into the night.

I haven't seen him since, but someone said they thought they heard him muttering something that sounded like "dingos".

And then... .. . .. . .

Mygawd.....

Our poor yeti! He's out loose, quite possibly injured...if he's found, should he be taken to a doc or a vet? Jess, did you manage to do any DNA testing on him before this catastrophe took place, to determine an exact species ID? And Nikki! What on earth were you thinking, using metallic gel on his hair to smooth the shells down? Perhaps the search parties should simply head out into the bush with enormous magnets....

:o:lol:

And now, we come full circle.. .. .

:lol:

kareng Grand Master

Not sure if this is the same Yeti. He's kinda cute and quiet. Maybe he's a pup?

Archived