This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

GottaSki Mentor

Here it is! Post number 6,000 by yours truly. Scott is still at 5,997.

The plumber and his helper are here, trying to get to the root of the problem. Well, that is it, you see. The drain is partially obstructed by tree roots that the plumber's snake is having trouble getting through. This is a condo, so the part of the plumbing outside the walls is the responsibility of the corporation. Hmmm.

Nice - I knew today would be a good day for a phlip :)

Sorry you have a root blocking the path - but certainly glad it will be covered by your homeowner's association - now if the e-break will magically repair itself all will be grand!

Oh...the oven - mine is older than yours -- one of the old white porcelain gas stoves from the 30s that I love - made the hubby find one for me when we moved in 21 years ago - not sure I'd be in love with a harvest gold stove - at least it isn't avocado ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tom Contributor

... I now have enough crumbs to make a pie crust and start the process all over again :D

Lol :lol:

Now *that's* psilly.

mushroom Proficient

...not sure I'd be in love with a harvest gold stove - at least it isn't avocado ;)

When we were first looking for a house, first one we saw all the ("whiteware" as they call it here, even though it's now all brushed stainlesss) was actually turquoise!! This while we were living in an apt. with a burnt orange shag rug :lol: Egads, we wuz quite colorful back then.

psawyer Proficient

a burnt orange shag rug :lol:

LOL!

Don't look in my recreation room. :ph34r:

GottaSki Mentor

Burnt orange shag is back!!! well they call it my some other term - my folks replaced their "custom" shag from the 70s in their family room with a very close match - my Dad said - "No, this is not shag" - still laughing because no matter what the designers call it -- this kid from the 70s calls it shag - period ;)

Darn210 Enthusiast

Burnt orange shag is back!!! well they call it my some other term . . .

Tis now called "Frieze" . . . pronounced "frizz-EH"

We laugh about the "fancy shag" here as well.

Darn210 Enthusiast

My first house had avocado appliances. The fridge was a Norge with flowered vinyl contact paper in the bottom (because it was cracked). Lots of shag carpeting throughout. The nice thing was that it had some really nice hardwood floors underneath.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast

This quote from Shroomie (from a perfectly legit thread) is too good not to be posted in THIS thread:

I refer to them as bunny scat. I once knew a "head of household" who decreed that two sheets of tp was the maximum allowed. I said I bet he shat bunny scat. Never heard of the big D!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

curlyfries Contributor

A random nosebleed out of nowhere hit me... ugh....

Me too!!!!! A few days ago. Can't remember the last time I had one before that :huh:

POeter! Phluids galore -- 'tis YOUR fault! :P

Am skeert. :ph34r: Still haven't got me roof fixed :unsure:

mushroom Proficient

Am skeert. :ph34r: Still haven't got me roof fixed :unsure:

I KNOW that insecure, broken-roof feeling (post-quake it was).

But during a remodel, during which the builder was putting on a real pitched roof to replace our tar and gravel jobbie) I arrive home from the gym, in the rain, to find the crew hard at work on the exposed roof. I scream and yell, don't you know it's raining!!??? and they tell me they don't call that rain. So I go inside and find water dripping out of my light fixtures (including my walk-in closet) and all buckets and bowls packed away and desperately finding containers to put on hardwood floors and towels for mopping and plastic for covering, and "GET A COVER ON THAT G********D ROOF!!" and this being California where it never rains in June they had to drive to the hardware store and buy Visquine (Sp?) :unsure::blink:

curlyfries Contributor

When we were first looking for a house, first one we saw all the ("whiteware" as they call it here, even though it's now all brushed stainlesss) was actually turquoise!! This while we were living in an apt. with a burnt orange shag rug :lol: Egads, we wuz quite colorful back then.

A turquoise stove??? I want one!!!!

mushroom Proficient

A turquoise stove??? I want one!!!!

It's on Meridian Avenue. If you hurry it might still be there. :D

curlyfries Contributor

This house originally had red shag and avocado green carpet. The stove was a ......rusty.... brown.... color. Don't know what they called that

mushroom Proficient

This house originally had red shag and avocado green carpet. The stove was a ......rusty.... brown.... color. Don't know what they called that

They used that color for quite a while; I just called it Yuck!!

Lisa Mentor

This quote from Shroomie (from a perfectly legit thread) is too good not to be posted in THIS thread:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: ,too! ..."I bet he shat bunny scat." :lol: :lol: A quote to live in inPHamy.

shadowicewolf Proficient

I was leaving my last class and one of the professors requires his class to sign out right? Well, i sit at the second row from the bottom (big theater style seatng classroom). People were crowding the stairs to get to the sign out sheet. I was able to slid through to get to the other side only to have my good knee catch hard on an armrest. I somehow skinned it through my jeans. Naughty words were said at this point. It still hurts.

Brighter side of things, remember that ppaper i stayed up till 4am working on? got an A on it with a "good job" message.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Sorry for the double post, but this needs its own.

Imagin, going into your bedroom at 12am, turning on the lap (aka only light sorce in the room) so that you could start folding clothes for a trip tommorow. When, all of a sudden, you're buzzed by one ticked off wasp. My guess is that it was hiding in the lamp. It got ticked off and started buzzing around the room and it landed high up on the wall (far out of reach). As i gathered my courage, it decided to buzz the lamp, only to get even more ticked off and finally falling to the ground, where i then delt with it.

Fine, okay.... its over with. Becuase i had to use a spray to deal with it, my room's window had to be opened up, and there in the window seal, i find the body of #7.

I wanna cry... I am so sick of this.

Oh and my knee is now a nice blue and purple color.

elye Community Regular

The stove was a ......rusty.... brown.... color. Don't know what they called that

Burnt umber? Raw sienna? These somehow sound too appealing... . . . .... ...Puce?

Wolfie, this wasp situation is crazy... .. :angry: ... ..there must be a nest nearby. Are you on a high floor?

shadowicewolf Proficient

Yeah, i'm on the top floor of my building. There is a little room above that which is like a rec room, but outside of that :/

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Yep, sounds like a nest to me. Had one in my last house. Used to get big fat lazy ones come in this time of year. They love eaves and attics.

One for building services I think. I think we paid someone to deal with it.

VydorScope Proficient

Yeah, i'm on the top floor of my building. There is a little room above that which is like a rec room, but outside of that :/

Yep, sounds like a nest to me. Had one in my last house. Used to get big fat lazy ones come in this time of year. They love eaves and attics.

One for building services I think. I think we paid someone to deal with it.

Nothing copious use of fire could not solve.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Yep, and there is nothing i can do because A: its probably in the vault of my room where i cannot see. You would need one of those really big ladders to get up there. Or B: its somewhere in the hallway. All i can do now is notify housing about it. -sigh-

At any rate, my knees are acheing. I've been overcompensating with my bad knee (my left) because of the incident with my right (which is a lovely shade of red, black and blueish purple). Its an endless cycle. I'm going to have the doctor re-examine my knees again. Its been... 4 or 5 years since its been done last. While i've lost quite a bit of weight since then, it hasn't really helped all that much. Any ideas on what i should ask?

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Just a thought, I used to have knee problems and I eventually found I had pronation (sp?) in my feet. That is dropped arches or flat feet. You can get shaped inserts to help support them.

I am still susceptible, and I know what you mean about moving the problem round :(

The other thing I did was swimming and cycling to build up the muscles above my knees

Good luck x

psawyer Proficient

Yesterday afternoon, we had the vehicle looked at for the parking brake problem. A couple of seized parts needed to be freed up, but I was less than pleased at how they went about dealing with me. The guy said we'll know in twenty minutes. We'll wait, we said. Fifty-five minutes later, I inquire, and they still aren't ready. Then they want to sell me expensive work that had nothing to do with the problem I asked them to look at initially. No sale, guys! I'll pay the laboUr charge to free up the sticking parts, but don't expect to see me again.

This morning, Tony the appliance guy found a simple problem with our stove, and replaced a defective wire. So, the harvest gold stove lives another day. This calls for home-baked pizza tonight.

shadowicewolf Proficient

I have inserts for my shoes, have had them for a long time. I can't wear anything but tennis shoes because of the support (i will wear sandles on the occasion that i won't be dong much walking).

Archived