This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

kareng Grand Master

But surely child labor (even virtual) would not be countenanced in Psilliville? That would send the Minister of Labor sallying forth on her high steed, cracking whips and busting heads and bums toot sweet.

I have had 2 childs and I have nothing against them laboring! It keeps them out of trouble!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
celiac-mommy Collaborator

The Thanksgiving quotes that sound dirty.... That gave me the giggles!!!! "it's pretty dry, do you still want to eat it". LMAO!!!!

I have had 2 childs and I have nothing against them laboring! It keeps them out of trouble!

No kidding! I sat at the table and just kept pointing to different things for them to do tonight. House CLEAN!! :D

Darn210 Enthusiast

. . . as many things are schmashed under her highnass.

Quit talkin' about me arse, GeeEff!! I may not be the queen anymore but I can still get schmashed do some schmashin'

Speaking of safety . . ...I just signed off a new req for black-belted security. Dunno wth last administration was up to, but the head of security is saying that w/ some new 'seniority by height' rule, the union won't allow a new addition over 5 feet tall.

Arrrgh how'll I ever find a short blackbelt willing to work for virtually nothing? (At least the work's virtual too)

Anyone got any of those?

I got one at my house . . . he's used to working for nothing. To quote him directly . . . "I'm nothing but a slave to you." . . . and my response . . . "Yes, yes you are." (all said in fun by the way)

My congratulations, King Tom. Unfortunately, what with the holidays and all . . . I was unable to get the robe to the dry cleaners so I just tossed it in the washing machine. It shrunk a tad . . . maybe a little more than a tad . . . How do you feel about a royal poncho?

tom Contributor

Unacceptable.

Sounds like a job for the Yeti, stretchin that back out to full size.

******PROCLAMATION TWO******

Happy Thanksgiving, of course.

Belatedly to our fine northern neig....oh screw Diplomacy! Why's it so early up there?!

tom Contributor

Or . .. . :lol:

How do you feel about a royal poncho?

How do you feel about windowless towers? :ph34r:

Loey Rising Star

Dearest Psillies,

Earlier this evening I wrote a rather lengthy note to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving surrounded by those you love the most. I am so grateful to have you as my family. I hit the wrong key and lost the message I was writing. So, here I go trying to recreate it.

This past year has been a rough one and you stood by me with unwavering love and support. It was about this time last year that I started to lose my grip on reality and write rambling replies, sleep 20 hours a day and vividly visit with my loved ones who have passed away. Superman stood by me and I wound up at Yale University where we discovered I was on a dose of Depakote that could kill an elephant. PLEASE don’t ever take that evil drug.

Now I am on the road to recovery, seeing a naturopath and having her work closely with my doctors. My medication finally seems to be the right combination.

This year I’m having Thanksgiving at my house. I paid to have it catered and my dear SIL is making Lasagna (our dear Annie {Tony’s friend} is a vegetarian so we have her covered). We’ve got a houseful staying over. My DB & DSIL are here until Friday and the kids are staying until Saturday night or Sunday.

I feel so truly blessed that I’m out of the dark tunnel and into the light. You have all helped more than I an ever say.

I wish we could all have Thanksgiving together and perhaps one day we will. In the meantime I wish you a bright light to follow, improved health, and a year filled with joy and only the best of everything. I treasure each and every one of you and look forward to sharing our tales (be they happy or sad – I’m praying for the happy) .

All my love, healing hugs and blessings,

Loey

Loey Rising Star

I seemed to have posted the same message three times but can't find a delete button. It does give me a chance to wish you a blessed Thanksgiving again.

I love you all,

Loey :wub:

:wub:

:wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Eys eyt sayf 2 kome bak yet(i)?

Byt skeert, bidds fur thee krown arrr konsideerd treesun wear eye kome frum :o

Awl hale thee kyng!

tom Contributor

Who wouldn't want the power to proclaim? Fear not!

You, MW, could mandate replacement of "yet" w/ "yet(i)" heretofore, if you wish.

(Hehe, almost missed that)

Just can't get too cocky bout it or The People might churn 100 pages in 2 days.

ExQueen Pseuzee's "whot . ..only 4 pages to read?" when it was 104 topped it off.

Hey LoLo, Happy Thxgvg inDEED!!

mushroom Proficient

Nay, do not go getting too cocky or thy subjects might rise up against thee in the midst of thy Thanksgiving feast, when ye are most vulnerable, and yes, most of us do know the way to Sannazay :D -- if ye are from So Cal (or some other strange parts of the territory) just follow THE 101!!

mushroom Proficient

Have a phantabulous Thanksgiving time, Loey -- you deserve it. So glad you are coming out of the blackness into the light.

What a great ideah - to have it catered!! It just sounds grand :)

Darn210 Enthusiast

Or . .. . :lol:

How do you feel about windowless towers? :ph34r:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:huh:

Wishing all you Psills a Great Thanksgiving!! :wub:

jerseyangel Proficient

Nay, do not go getting too cocky or thy subjects might rise up against thee in the midst of thy Thanksgiving feast, when ye are most vulnerable, and yes, most of us do know the way to Sannazay :D -- if ye are from So Cal (or some other strange parts of the territory) just follow THE 101!!

<snort>

Happy Thanksgiving / Happy Thursday my Sillies!! :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Lo :), that is wonderful that they got yer meds sorted out! Have a very happy day today with your family-- the catering was genius! Now you can relax and enjoy:)

Darn210 Enthusiast

All my love, healing hugs and blessings,

Loey

Back at ya', sistah!! :wub:

elye Community Regular

smileys-king-741814.gifsmileys-king-741814.gifsmileys-king-741814.gifsmileys-king-741814.gifsmileys-king-741814.gifsmileys-king-741814.gif

ALL HAIL, KING PTAOUGHMMNUSSS!

Hiyo Pattiyo, down there all unsquiggly . ...do we still get squigglies?

I've noticed this, sadly.... . .we do not squiggle, ever, anymore. What has become of us? Have we become so jaded, so old and tired at all of this? Is this life not still offering us a multitude of reasons to squiggle??. . . . .Your Majesty, please do something about this.

Thank you, thank you . ..[royal wave]

****** PROCLAMATION ONE ******

The Thread's Oafishel Psilly Horn, From this Page Phorward is . .... . .[oh maaaannnnnn who moved my snare drum? . . .. . ..can't even get a drumroll] . .. this curlicue infinity bugle!

BompBabaDahhhh!!

:lol::lol: OMG. . . .WHAT A HORN! Now THAT is the most Seussian instrument I've ever seen. .. ..

Belatedly to our fine northern neig....oh screw Diplomacy! Why's it so early up there?!

Good question... . ..I found this interesting -- Canadian Thanksgiving coincides with the U.S. observance of Columbus Day and has done so since the United States implemented the Uniform Monday Holiday Act in 1971 (most countries in the Western Hemisphere fix Columbus Day to October 12). As such, U.S. towns with high amounts of Canadian tourism will often hold their fall festivals over Thanksgiving/Columbus Day weekend in part to draw and accommodate Canadian tourists.

What in hell is the Uniform Holiday Monday Act? :huh: Citizens must wear uniforms on certain Mondays er sumphin'?. . . ... . ..

GFinDC Veteran

Happy T-Day Psillies! :)

Loey, enjoy your turkey and family. I sometimes write longer replies in Windows notepad and then paste them into the c.com reply window. Might work for you?

Congrats to Keeng Ptaum, our new monarch with the incredibly curly horn!

Postcard echange

So far Kareng and JeroisyfishAngler r in the for the post card exchange. Going to need at least one more I stink so there ist an even number. I'll post the game plan later for the exchange when i get them for the art website. No need to be super arty on it. Printing a card from the 'puter is just fine. Actually any thing is just fine, to each their own!

jerseyangel Proficient

Sounds good Gee Eff-- I will await further instructions :)

Pataughmn has a curly horn!! Very monarch-y :)

Loey Rising Star

Back at ya', sistah!! :wub:

Thanksgiving was delicious (I didn't have much of an appetite) but the company was the best. My DB & DSIL even brought Annie a present so she wouldn't be left out. Right now everyone's watching a movie and I crapped out. My nose and sinuses suck so I'm going to read Master Vincent's book in bed until I fall asleep. I wish I could stay up tonight because DB & DSIL are leaving early in the AM. The kids are staying until Saturday night or Sunday afternoon. Annie is very comfortable here and cooks her own meals (I keep vegetarian food in the house) and offers to cook for me. OK, fading fast. I just wanted to say that I hope you all had as splendid a Thanksgiving as I did, just wish I could have made it longer.

God Bless dearest psilies.

All my love, Loey, LoLo,etc.

P.S. anyone here collect disability and nit get it yet?I would have thought that they'd have posted it yesterday. Hope I'm not being flagged about anything - can't imagine what. Will call tomorrow - please wish me luck.

VydorScope Proficient

gobble gobble.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

It's awefurlee kwiet heer. Haz knowone gott ovar there hanggovor yet(i)?

shadowicewolf Proficient

i think i'm catching a cold or an ear infection....

psawyer Proficient

It's awefurlee kwiet heer. Haz knowone gott ovar there hanggovor yet(i)?

'Tis kwiet heer phur shurr.

jerseyangel Proficient

Hee!! Love the Gee Eff- icisims:)

I admit to a wee hangover.... nuthin too bad and I enjoyed what I did to get it so it's all good. lol

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

No hangover here, have not been indulging as of late. :rolleyes:

Archived