This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

We are defintely the best when it comes to comedy :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mtndog Collaborator
Bev! Why do you keep driving by? You must park and stay for a while...though I think I know your very wise strategy: if you just slow down, but don't brake completely, the vortex isn't quite able to suck you in. :lol:

OMG- was driving by because I was in a wretched way this week....not sure what happened (gluten, Lyme?virus? combo deal of 2? all 3?)0 but there was NO TURKEY for me on Thanksgiving! It's still in the fridge waiting to be cooked! Alas, do not feel too bad for me as I was able to ressurect in time to kick my heels up last night at my 40th birthday party (sis and hubby threw it for me :D )

Let's just say that the party was kind of like what I imagine would happen if we all got together for a cocktail party :ph34r::lol::ph34r: It's frightening but i have realized you guys are a lot like my friends in "real" life!

Mtndog Collaborator
The puking was ginormously heinous, but thank gawd, it was short-lived. We ended up having our Thanksgiving on Friday instead, and it was all good.

I did go out shopping on Friday- just couldn't miss it. I left the house at 3:15am! :blink: Met friends at Kohl's at 4. We also went to Walmart and Target, each of which had about a half dozen cops hanging out in the front.... presumably to keep people from mauling each other over 42 inch plasma TVs. :rolleyes:

PS- When will the body fluids end???

PPS- Emily, my hubby wanted me to tell you and your dad how much he loved YCDTOT. I remember watching it a lot, but he was a HUGE fan. :D

Ahhh.... you said GINORMOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use that word all the time

Sorry you had to use it in regards to puking. I would imagine the yeti passing gas would also be about ginormously heinous.

Nikki- LURVE the new avatar! BUMBLES BOUNCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Nikki, is that the yeti's brother in your avatar?

Bev, I'm glad you had a fun birthday party? So, what are we? Your fake friends in your fake life?

Excellent theory Emily!!....but WAIT...It's not *me* who has celiac disease :blink: ....maybe I've got the genes but NOT the coeliac eh??? ;):lol:

Nope, no celiac genes here .... maybe that's why I'm not that funny ....

I have officially broken in my kitchen. Thanksgiving was the first dinner. Today was the first brunch. :) I made a frittata, pancakes, hash browns, and bacon for 8! :) We moved into it last Wednesday night.

Carla so excited about the new kitchen, I bet you are so glad that is all finished too :)

~alex~ Explorer
We're still painting....

Ahhhhh, I certainly don't envy you; painting can be such a big job! I think Patti needs the Yeti next to help her with her home improvements.

I have a funny painting story, although it certainly wasn't too funny at the time. When my fiance and I first moved into our house a little less than two years ago we wanted to paint some rooms. One day while painting, we had a hammer out for some reason and I made the mistake of leaving it lying on the floor.

It all started when I accidentally stepped on the claw of the hammer. I yelped and Ryan ran over to me and tripped over the paint can in the process. So the paint spilled all over and Ryan ended up falling on this outstretched arm and separated his shoulder.

So our home renovation got interrupted with a trip to the ER -- me for stitches in the bottom of my foot and Ryan for a shoulder immobilizer. And we got a bunch of paint on our carpet! We had been contemplating changing that carpet anyway so now we were really committed to saving up our money for new carpet in that room. It took us a few days to be able to laugh about it but it's a pretty funny story to tell people now.

ohhh Alex :) funny though :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Amanda!!!.... :rolleyes: .....GAD!, you don't need to remind me how acrid yeti wind can be!!!!!

she said "acrid yeti wind." :lol: that just cracked me up. It's about as acrid, maybe less, methinks, than Acrid Aging Dingo Wind. good gawd, Stinker really can let 'em loose......and the stench is.........beyond words. :huh:

I did go out shopping on Friday- just couldn't miss it. I left the house at 3:15am!

:blink: Susie cannot, simply canNOT, compute this sentence. "left teh house at 3:15 am." what the hell???????????????????????? Sometimes that's when I finally fall asleep......... :lol:

Tonight John and I went out to meet my college friends which we do every few weeks when our schedules premit a get-together. So we did dinner at Outback and then we had plans to go to The Collisieum which is a bar with video games and bowling and such....there were so many people we just went down the road to the Actual bowling Alley and had a blast. There were 6 of us. I had two vodka and orange juices....which is alot for me...I could feel my tpsyness by the time we were bowling our second game.

This sounds like so much fun! And tipsy on two vodka and oj's - - - would love to see it. :lol:

I understand about lowering your expectations....I really do. I'm sorry that you've been so down, but glad to see you smile a little. :) Shopping in your PJ's--good thinking, that way you can slip right back into bed when you get home :P

:lol: well, they WERE my traveling pj's, ya know. I was presentable. Unshowered and ball cap on. I was so sad though, so I had to disguise that and pretend that I was not. :huh: But yes, efficiency in shopping in the pj's. :lol:

Patti - the painting. never ends. I am STILL not finished painting my house. that yeti is useless, sits on his furry arse and drinks all the cheap red wine.

He has celiac, and I have a theory that gluten issues bring, along with all of the GI and neurological problems, a uniquely sharp, brilliant sense of humour. So many of the celiac members on this forum (paricularly we Sillies, but many elsewhere I've noticed who we're probably regularly scaring off) are funny as hell. I marvel at the wit of so many on here. I propose that it's a positive effect of the antibodies. Kind of like humoUrous brain fog... :lol:

an interesting theory you posit. Must look into this. I am willing to bet my entire (paltry) empire (ha ha) that NO ONE on any celiac thread is as funny as we are. NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

alas, recently I"ve been corresponding with this woman who is the owner/founder of a line of YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY gluten-free lotions and potions in S. (or is it North?) Carolina..........her emails make me guffaw out loud. (note to self - need to post a link to her products - they are delicious and guaranteed and reasonably priced and I LOVE this woman!!!!!!!!!) She is SO silly that I may recruit her for this thread...........reminds me of one of US. :lol:

Let's just say that the party was kind of like what I imagine would happen if we all got together for a cocktail party It's frightening but i have realized you guys are a lot like my friends in "real" life!

:rolleyes: OMG.......one day........someday..........."there's aaaaaaaaaaaaa plaaaaaaaaaaace for usssssssssssss...........somewhere a plaaaaaaaaaaaace for us.........."

So glad you had fun - - alas, 'twould have been MUCH FUNNER if your sillies had been there in real life..............gah.......................... :P

It all started when I accidentally stepped on the claw of the hammer. I yelped and Ryan ran over to me and tripped over the paint can in the process. So the paint spilled all over and Ryan ended up falling on this outstretched arm and separated his shoulder.

:o good gawd Alex, a painting heinosity! Glad you can laugh about it now.........

I just spent 2.5 hours cleaning my garage. This has lifted my spirits entirely.

:) :) :):)

now onto the back yard.

I am feeling ever-so-slightly better. Not quite rambunctious and flagrantly silly yet, but better.

I love my sillies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Susie, I don't get it either .... 3AM is about when I wake up and take the other half of the Ambien .... but, shopping? But then again, cleaning the garage lifted your spirits? A clean garage would lift my spirits, but not if I had to do it! :lol:

Alex, :lol:

Carla so excited about the new kitchen, I bet you are so glad that is all finished too :)

It's not quite finished ... still some painting and misc. things .... some of the lighting is not in yet .... some of the detail carpentry work ... but, yeah, it's a thrill to have it!

Mtndog Collaborator
she said "acrid yeti wind." :lol: that just cracked me up. It's about as acrid, maybe less, methinks, than Acrid Aging Dingo Wind. good gawd, Stinker really can let 'em loose......and the stench is.........beyond words. :huh:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Angus has acrid wind too!!!!!!!!! 2 minutes ago I asked Kurt if he farted cuz it was stinky!!!!!!!!!!!

Carla- Yes, shhhhh.....you guys are my fake friends in my fake life but keep it down. I'm actually chuck norris but sometimes it's really hard to be me. I just wanna be silly but the minute I get a twinkle in my eye everyone hits the deck expecting a roundhouse kick. :P Except the yeti- he likes it. He says that it just feels like a little tickle. :huh:

Susie- I go out in my pj's.....hey- it's all the rage in college!

But ugh....3 am NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to Target at 6:30 on Black Friday because I couldn't fall back to sleep forgetting that the stores open early because PEOPLE ARE INSANE!!!!!!!!! And in Massachusetts, they are evil drivers- you all know we are called Mass%$@#s, right? Good drivers, but agressive and parking space competition fierce :ph34r:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:lol:

Mass%$@#s.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I did not know. excellent.

elye Community Regular

A 3 am shopping excursion is inconceivable to me! :huh: Here I was shaking my head at the Crazy Canucks who were heading to the bridge for 5 am on Friday to get in on early-morning bargains... :rolleyes:

HEINOUS!!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Helllllooooooo Everyone!!

We're Back . . . and I'm still full!!

Had 20 for dinner and tons of help so it wasn't too bad. Highlights of the trip (OK - lowlights - just need to rag a bit): Dad likes the thermostat set to 82 (insert sweaty emoticon). Everytime dad gets up at night to use the bathroom, someone (most of the time, me, so that mom could have a break) has to let the dog out, too (insert superfluous wee emoticon). This occurs 3 to 4 times a night. Still have my sinous infection. Had to put up all of their Christmas decorations. OK . . . exhausted and full.

I'm not doing any quoting . . . been too long since I've posted. I'll just comment on what I remember.

No celiac here either - although I've never been tested. I suppose it's my turn. I was pretty sure that it came from my husbands side of the family based on the number of people on that side with digestive issues.

Also, Susie, you are cordially invited to join my family. We don't require being born into or marrying into the family to join. Requirements are a sense of humor and tolerance to heat and excessive dog wee.

At my Mom&Dad's 50th wedding anniversary, we all stayed at a lodge at a State Park in Illinois. We took over the small lodge bar on a Friday night. We "adopted" the only stranger brave enough to enter the bar. We introduced him as our cousin Steve. If it was someone from my Dad's side, we told them he was from Mom's side and vice versa. Great innebriated fun was had by all that night. Here's the quote from the bartender: "This was just about the best night I've ever had. Almost as good as when the Dept of Defense guys were here." :huh::lol::lol:

No shopping here. Read about it in the paper and was amazed. My niece went later in the day - just because she needed a few things. She thought she went late enough (to WalMart) to miss the mess, but apparently it was still going on. She said she couldn't believe how mean people were . . . they totally had lost their manners.

Mass%$@#s :lol::lol: My best buddy just moved to MA from Cinti. She said she was looking forward to driving with people who know how :lol::lol: I think she'll fit right in!!

Nice avs!

Ridgewalker Contributor

Yay, Janet's back! :D

Ok ya'll, in my defense.... You can't think of it as getting up heinously early to go shopping. I loathe getting up early, and am totally a night person. It was more like getting up in the middle of the night, sneaking out into the cold, moonlit dark- on your way to an ADVENTURE! That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! :P

We decorated for Christmas this weekend, which made me feel really good. The past few years, I've getting everything like that done late-- so it's feels great to be on top of things for once. And of course, the kids were ecstatic!

BTW, I finally went to freerice.com, and it IS soooo addictive! I love it. I've gotten up to level 45, but I don't stay there long. ;)

JoyfulM Rookie

I'm back! You haven't scared me off...yet.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you if I was glutinized over Thanksgiving or not...one of the downsides of having DH. However, gluten or not, I did have some amazing ratatouille, grilled salmon, turkey, green beans, and sweet peas. :wub:

As soon as my cousin wears down from all the stalking loving emails, I'll let you in on the amazing ratatouille recipe.

My birthday was lovely, thank you. I did get a rather interesting voice mail from one of my best friends wishing me a happy birthday and calling my phone a call girl...she's a special one. :wacko:

As in "I'll have a Diet Pepsi with a splash of Mountain Dew?" . . . so you like mixed drinks, huh?

Happy Birthday on Friday! :D . . . and for your Birthday dinner, you can have leftover turkey and taters! <_<

My future in-laws love me, so we went to Carrabba's for lunch. Yum!

Then we went shopping. Honestly, I think that it should be called "Black Weekend."

joyful-we use the brm to make chocolate cakes and they are DELICIOUS! hopefully yours is as well!

Again, the future in-laws love me. ;)

Cup cakes with home made gluten free icing that tastes like an instant heart attack.

Welcome JoyfulM.... has anyone told you about Hell Week here? You GET the yeti and have to measure his inseam and take him shopping with you on Black Friday for new pants!!!!!!!!!! :D

It's funny..........really!

Until I realized that the yeti had been accounted for, I was almost positive that I saw him at the Wal-Mart in Asheville Saturday. It might have been a large mountain man with a mullet, though. Hmm.

alas, recently I"ve been corresponding with this woman who is the owner/founder of a line of YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY gluten-free lotions and potions in S. (or is it North?) Carolina..........her emails make me guffaw out loud. (note to self - need to post a link to her products - they are delicious and guaranteed and reasonably priced and I LOVE this woman!!!!!!!!!) She is SO silly that I may recruit her for this thread...........reminds me of one of US. :lol:

Hook me up! South Carolina or North Carolina, either works!

Ok, I've been pulling a Susie for the past two hours :ph34r::blink: Back to the social psychology paper! gawd

Ridgewalker Contributor
Until I realized that the yeti had been accounted for, I was almost positive that I saw him at the Wal-Mart in Asheville Saturday. It might have been a large mountain man with a mullet, though. Hmm.

WOOHOO, you were up near my neck of the woods! :D Asheville's only a couple hours or so from me. :P We used to live a lot closer when my hubby was going to Appalachian State University in Boone.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
I must peruse the other celiac message boards to further test my theory.

NO EMILY NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come back to MEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikki, is that the yeti's brother in your avatar?

It is :D .......he is much more layed back

I have officially broken in my kitchen. Thanksgiving was the first dinner. Today was the first brunch. :) I made a frittata, pancakes, hash browns, and bacon for 8! :) We moved into it last Wednesday night.

Sounds delicious, and it's looking great in your av - I'll be over later (plus I want to gaze at your Aga!!! :lol: )

Ouch!!!...but :lol:

Acrid Aging Dingo Wind.

Nasty!!!

:lol: well, they WERE my traveling pj's, ya know. I was presentable.

Oh thank gawd!!!....for a second there I thought you went out in the old favoUrites.....you know...the one's with the holes

that yeti is useless, sits on his furry arse and drinks all the cheap red wine.

Can't tell you how many trips to the bottle bank I had to make when he was with me :rolleyes:

rambunctious and flagrantly silly

:lol::lol: you so are using words like that !!! :D

Here I was shaking my head at the Crazy Canucks who were heading to the bridge

OMG !!!! :o They let you people cross the border?!?!?!?!?

We decorated for Christmas this weekend, which made me feel really good. The past few years, I've getting everything like that done late-- so it's feels great to be on top of things for once. And of course, the kids were ecstatic!

BAH!!!!! (jealous of your 'on topeness' <_< )

OMG!...got busted for too many quotes !!!!

...but would like to add how proud I am of JoyfulM for 'pulling a Susie' ;):lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
OMG!...got busted for too many quotes !!!!

Wow! I didn't know you could do that! I knew about overemoticonizing but not excessive quotifying. Huh, learn something new everyday . . . guess I'm done for today.

elye Community Regular
Wow! I didn't know you could do that! I knew about overemoticonizing but not excessive quotifying. Huh, learn something new everyday . . . guess I'm done for today.

Mornin' Sillies!

Okay, I need to work something out. You'll have to bear with me, as it's a technical matter, and I'm too lazy to move over to the technical section (and you guys will answer me in so much more entertaining a fashion...so there)! I still cannot get the hang of putting more than one quote in a post. I do the first one, then type a response, then go to add the second quote and it comes up as a whole new post. Duuuuhhhhh....I'm soooconfused... :rolleyes:

elye Community Regular

Goodness, I was so distraced by my technical issues...

Welcome back, Janet! Somehow it's comforting to know that others struggle to stay even a short time with parents who have significant thermostat issues...

Welcome back, Joyful! You don't scare easily...excellent! A late Happy Birthday... :)

And no, I haven't hit any other celiac message boards as yet...maybe I'm too askeert...or faithful...or lazy?

:rolleyes:<_<

JoyfulM Rookie
WOOHOO, you were up near my neck of the woods! :D Asheville's only a couple hours or so from me. :P We used to live a lot closer when my hubby was going to Appalachian State University in Boone.

My boyfriend's family is in Old Fort (or Old Fart, depending on whose talking)

Mornin' Sillies!

Okay, I need to work something out. You'll have to bear with me, as it's a technical matter, and I'm too lazy to move over to the technical section (and you guys will answer me in so much more entertaining a fashion...so there)! I still cannot get the hang of putting more than one quote in a post. I do the first one, then type a response, then go to add the second quote and it comes up as a whole new post. Duuuuhhhhh....I'm soooconfused... :rolleyes:

I just click "quote" at the bottom of the posts I want to quote.

I'm still not done with that paper :angry: Do I have to go to class today?

Morning All!

Welcome to another silly day in Sillyville.....sad when you have to think how to spell that!

Darn210 Enthusiast
Mornin' Sillies!

I just click "quote" at the bottom of the posts I want to quote.

As you leisurely peruse the comic stylings of your favoUrite sillies, click quote on each and everyone that you would like to respond to before hitting the reply button. All of them will be listed and then you can cut and paste like a kindergartner!

Darn210 Enthusiast
I'm still not done with that paper :angry: Do I have to go to class today?

Well, of course not! But I'm pretty sure staying home to chat with the sillies will be considered an unexcused absence. Now, if you can somehow sustain a concusion . . . didn't happen to play Sunday Night Football, did ya?

jerseyangel Proficient
Mornin' Sillies!

Emily (you poor confused silly)

As you're reading, hit "quote" on any posts you want to comment on--the "quote" box will turn red, and just continue on hitting "quote" until you get to the end of the thread--then hit "add reply" and all the posts will appear in the box. Yoyu can then respond to any and all--after the "quote" on each, of course.

I just confused myself :blink::lol:

Archived