Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TriticusToxicum

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

. . ..we spent the rest of the day decorating our office for Christmas, making snowflakes out of tin paper and hanging things. Making a Christmas mural....what a wonderful Friday. The snow falling outside really got us into the spirit.

You snow-bound folks do have some advantages, holiday-spirit-wise.

:ph34r: You mean I told you about him? :lol: No, 'twas not.

Nah, the other one. Tennis coach wasn't French? Or was he the Bulgarian .. . ... <_<

Um, ahem, Sarah, I don't mean to sound harsh, but I REALLY don't think you need to tell us about your kinky little fetishes and mood enhancers here........

:lol: u wanna build a lego-what?????!! :blink:

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

:o Yeah, Jess'll be lucky if she only ends up with bigger feet and is a little more hirsute than usual..........

Indeed... better than a big, hairy ear growing out of her back... :o:lol:

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

Um, ahem, Sarah, I don't mean to sound harsh, but I REALLY don't think you need to tell us about your kinky little fetishes and mood enhancers here........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: u wanna build a lego-what?????!! :blink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:ph34r: I'll never tell! :P

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

I don't want to worry Jestgar with dna/yeti stuff but look at this!!!!! :o

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Yeti ;):lol:

The first Abominable Snowman was a genius, a rocket scientist

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

I don't want to worry Jestgar with dna/yeti stuff but look at this!!!!! :o

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Yeti ;):lol:

Whoa...Well, this piece also claims that yetis are "impervious to all firepower, with the exception of napalm", which we now know is completely false. So the accuracy of these claims must be questioned. Although at times, I have noticed with our yeti a passing resemblance to Oprah...

Gad, here I am, on a snowy Saturday morning, my big weekend newspaper waiting at the kitchen table, and I sit reading uncyclopedia articles on the nature of yetis...

What has become of me? :lol::lol::rolleyes:

Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

You snow-bound folks do have some advantages, holiday-spirit-wise.

well this is the first year that we are having winter weather this early. Our weather has been changing the last few years, milder winters, very little snow. This year it seems like we are going to a winter.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Okay, here are some things to mull over, Jess:

I have spoken with my DH, who is an insurance adjuster. He laughed quietly and shook his head when I told him about the possible insurance claim that could happen with your lab.

He's informed me that in his job experience with the big insurance companies up here, the adjusters and underwriters know well the "BS" claims (bevy of scientists), as they are a group who submit countless commercial property claims without ever reading the company polices.

There are many exclusionary clauses for laboratories, and unfortunately, practically ANYTHING involving a yeti is not covered. Interior structural damage caused by these creatures will be denied, unless a floater is written into the policy (he says with a chuckle, "BSes NEVER think about extra coverage..it ain't about theories or unknowns, so it doesn't make their radar screens".

There is usually an allowable amount claimable for smoke, water and interior damage inflicted by "smoldering yaks, clowns and Big Bird" (I'm quoting directly from the copy of a standard commercial property policy, here), so no luck, Jess...

I HATE being a bearer of bad news... :(

BTW, any new...ears happening?

:o:lol:

Emily

Gad, here I am, on a snowy Saturday morning, my big weekend newspaper waiting at the kitchen table, and I sit reading uncyclopedia articles on the nature of yetis...

What has become of me? :lol::lol::rolleyes:

........AND there's no going back now Emily. Embrace it!!!!

You MUST leave ALL intelligent thoughts behind you now.

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

black_cat.gif

Ok so I am sitting here with my foot up....seems it is a bit sore from a little spill I took 2 nights ago. So sore today that walking is a chore....we were supposed to be getting a Christmas tree today and decorating...

So here is the background on the spill. The other night I had been in my bathtub reading and I got out and let the water out and left. A little while later in a hurry, I ran in there to take a shower. Well, I must have had water on the floor from before and I literally fell on my butt. I twisted my ankle hitting the toliet and hit my head when I hit the floor. It was a sight....let me tell you.

36_22_10[1].gif

The other night I had been in my bathtub reading and I got out and let the water out and left. A little while later in a hurry, I ran in there to take a shower.

Uh....Amanda, why the need for a bath and a shower during the same evening, with the shower being something needed suddenly and quite hurried?

What's goin' on over there?...

;):lol:

Emily

Ok so I am sitting here with my foot up....seems it is a bit sore from a little spill I took 2 nights ago. So sore today that walking is a chore....we were supposed to be getting a Christmas tree today and decorating...

So here is the background on the spill. The other night I had been in my bathtub reading and I got out and let the water out and left. A little while later in a hurry, I ran in there to take a shower. Well, I must have had water on the floor from before and I literally fell on my butt. I twisted my ankle hitting the toliet and hit my head when I hit the floor. It was a sight....let me tell you.

OUCH!!!! (but I must commend you on your cleanliness! ;) )

Hope it eases up soon.

I too am supposed to be putting the decorations up today <_< .......got the tree out.....but sort of lost interest after that.. :blink: *Yawn*

However, I did share a cup of tea and a chin wag with the people who live in the cupboard under the stairs (where the xmas tree lives the rest of the year)

Bit of a nothing day really.........cold, dark and rainy <_<

Nikki

black_cat.gif

Uh....Amanda, why the need for a bath and a shower during the same evening, with the shower being something needed suddenly and quite hurried?

:lol: Well I er *cough* didn't like to ask :lol:

Nikki

black_cat.gif

I take a shower to wash my hair and that. It is too cold here in the mornings to be taking a shower and then leaving for work.

The shower was being hurried because we were getting ready to watch a movie that night and I didn't realize how late it had gotten.

I don't do showers and baths every night, it was just one of those nasty stormy days and a warm bath seemed so relaxing.

:) I am weird!

36_22_10[1].gif

I take a shower to wash my hair and that. It is too cold here in the mornings to be taking a shower and then leaving for work.

The shower was being hurried because we were getting ready to watch a movie that night and I didn't realize how late it had gotten.

Uh huh...a likely story, you newlywed, you! ;):P:lol:

Emily

I've never been to that sight before! What I want to know is which one of you guys wrote that?

:lol: did sound suspiciously written by a Silly, did it not? wacky site!

There are many exclusionary clauses for laboratories, and unfortunately, practically ANYTHING involving a yeti is not covered. Interior structural damage caused by these creatures will be denied, unless a floater is written into the policy (he says with a chuckle, "BSes NEVER think about extra coverage..it ain't about theories or unknowns, so it doesn't make their radar screens".

There is usually an allowable amount claimable for smoke, water and interior damage inflicted by "smoldering yaks, clowns and Big Bird" (I'm quoting directly from the copy of a standard commercial property policy, here), so no luck, Jess...

I HATE being a bearer of bad news...

BTW, any new...ears happening?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Emily is getting funnier

:lol:

:o Good Lord! and she tells us this NOW?

my thoughts exactly. I was going to ask, you beat me to it. ;)

I too am supposed to be putting the decorations up today <_< .......got the tree out.....but sort of lost interest after that.. :blink: *Yawn*

However, I did share a cup of tea and a chin wag with the people who live in the cupboard under the stairs (where the xmas tree lives the rest of the year)

Oh! How ARE your lovely friends under the stairs? They must miss Yeti. Did you tell them of the smoldering science mis-hap? Probably best not to........

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bloody sunny here. :angry: After two days of glorious rain......I want RAIN on weekends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

Susie - Saw the Tika thread. Hope she continues to be better on the Rimadyl. :) And bah, right after a birthday too! :P Speaking of birthdays . .. ... <_<:lol:

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Susie - Saw the Tika thread. Hope she continues to be better on the Rimadyl. :) And bah, right after a birthday too! :P Speaking of birthdays . .. ... <_<:lol:

Poor Stinker :( ...but we MUST wish our fellow silly Many Happy Returns!!!!!!!! :D

Nikki

black_cat.gif

Okay...whassup?...Tom, you are apparently one year old, turning two on February 6th. Whose birthday is it? Too early in the morning to go checking all profiles, bah...Happy Birthday to whomever! :rolleyes:

Emily

Okay...whassup?...Tom, you are apparently one year old, turning two on February 6th. Whose birthday is it? Too early in the morning to go checking all profiles, bah...Happy Birthday to whomever! :rolleyes:

IT'S SUSIE!!! IT'S SUSIE!!!!!!! (Of course, unless she's a big liar like Tom - but it looks legit)

Happy Birthday Susie!!! :lol::lol:

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

Yep--it's Susie!

When I read Tom's post yesterday, I thought maybe today was his birthday :P

As noted in detail on the birthday thread--Happy Birthday Susie :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Happy Happy Birthday Susie

Hope this one is a dusie!

Hope you get a great gluten-free cake

That you don't have to make

I am awful poetic this morning!

36_22_10[1].gif

HEY!! :)

Happy, happy Birthday, Susie! I completely agree with Amanda...the best birthday present for any of us at this stage of the game (certainly for me!) is a delicious gluten-free cake that we didn't have to make ourselves...hope one is coming your way! :)

Emily

For my birthday my coworker made these great gluten-free cheescake cupcakes....mmmm were they good! :)

36_22_10[1].gif

Hey guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stinker actually DID just have a birthday. It was December 4th or 5th, not sure, because I am some kind of negligent white trash mother. :ph34r:

IT'S SUSIE!!! IT'S SUSIE!!!!!!! (Of course, unless she's a big liar like Tom - but it looks legit)

Happy Birthday Susie!!! :lol::lol:

Not a big liar like Tom. Today I really am 76 years old. Don't I look great? :lol: :lol:

Happy Happy Birthday Susie

Hope this one is a dusie!

Hope you get a great gluten-free cake

That you don't have to make

I am awful poetic this morning!

:lol: excellent

OMG - a little trashed today from the girls coming over last night, and there was much wine and champagne. Am going into birthday seclusion, no longer answering phone as am........just not feeling tip-top. :huh:

thanks silleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss