This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Well Susie sounds like you had a very fun night! I bet you needed that!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tom Contributor
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bloody sunny here. :angry: After two days of glorious rain......I want RAIN on weekends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Birthday rain? Dingy even wants birthday rain?

Or does the default desire for damp take a holiday when parties & parades are planned?

Janet!!! <chuckle-chuckle> Party Hat Dingos!!! :lol:

Happy Happy Birthday Susie

Hope this one is a dusie!

Hope you get a great gluten-free cake

That you don't have to make

Ooh! Ooh!! Poetry day!!

Hmmmm .. ..

Happy day Happy a Birthday for Soughsie!

A Sunday not bluesy; not hangover woozy.

If that baker's cake has gluteny frosting, he

Shall rue the day he crossed us and crossed Dingy.

:P

Stinker actually DID just have a birthday.

;)

Not a big liar like Tom. Today I really am 76 years old. Don't I look great? :lol: :lol:

:lol: ahhh I was gonna go back to looking good for extremely late 30s, but maybe being a Depression Era baby has an unmined comedic irony vein.

OMG Sillies, today we are trimming the Christmas tree. My cat has already tried to climb it....which he did not attempt last year. It's been fun. I am putting on the ornaments, John is watching the Giants/Eagles game...rooting for his Giants.

The weather outside is dreary!!!!

Just got off the phone, may not be able to have mom down next weekend. she is telling me that they are expecting a blizzard next weekend....I looked and no signs as of yet. I had this whole birthday surprise weekend planned for her. Keep your fingers crossed for nice weather. :)

nikki-uk Enthusiast
It was December 4th or 5th, not sure, because I am some kind of negligent white trash mother. :ph34r:

:o ...White trash mother indeed!!....you mean to say you DON'T have a big fanfare of a yellow dog part-ay with doggy choccy treats and games, parce the parcel an' all that ???? :unsure:

TSK!!! ;)

OMG - a little trashed today from the girls coming over last night, and there was much wine and champagne.

An essential part of Birthdays me thinks - hope you pick up soon ;)

........and AT LAST!!!!!! I finally have the tree and all decorations up *mumbles* heinous, heinous task, but with a little help from the people under the stairs they made it look like a veritable work of art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, Alas!...I have had to add reinforcements to the tree as kitty Will takes great delight in launching himself at it - swaying precariously (Amanda - you understand! :lol: )

The tree (despite much effort) is already beginning to look like it's been dragged through a hedge backwards - much like my hair today :blink:

elye Community Regular

Mornin' Sillies!

GrEy day, here, right around the freezing mark. Taking Gus in for some surgery this morning...CHA CHING...ugh. My day just suddenly got grEyer... :(

I am keeping Gus in my thoughts today :) But dreary day here too! I understand :)

Ridgewalker Contributor
Mornin' Sillies!

GrEy day, here, right around the freezing mark. Taking Gus in for some surgery this morning...CHA CHING...ugh. My day just suddenly got grEyer... :(

:( I'm sorry Emily!

It's grEy here too right now, with very thick fog. Should burn off soon though, as it's supposed to get up to 76 F today! :o No white Christmas this year... *sigh*.

I do remember we had one white Christmas since we moved down south. That was back in the mid 90s. It snowed on Christmas Eve... seemed like magic!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast

Nikki - I'll trade you your backwards dragged hedge hair for my two sick kids.

We are headed to the pediatrician later this morning. Nothing too awful, normally I would wait it out a bit longer but my son's tonsils have been HUGE for quite some time . . . they thought he had mono back in October. Now, strep throat?, flu? or just a random virus but it's a wonder he can actually swallow anything. Can't tell if my daughter is playing it up or not . . . hmmm. <_<

We were at a Christmas Party on Friday night - kids invited, too. So probably close to two dozen kids there and like clockwork, 48 hours later, my kids start getting sick. Me thinks someone brought sick kids to the party and "shared".

Darn210 Enthusiast

*Snicker*Snicker*

UCLA STUDY

A study conducted by UCLA's Department of Psychiatry has revealed that the

kind of face a woman finds attractive on a man can differ depending on where

she is in her menstrual cycle.

For example: If she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with rugged and

masculine features. However, if she is menstruating or menopausal, she tends

to be more attracted to a man with duct tape over his mouth and a spear

lodged in his forehead while he is on fire.

No further studies are expected

You teach your kids to share everything....but germs are not welcome :)

tom Contributor
OMG Sillies, today we are trimming the Christmas tree. My cat has already tried to climb it....which he did not attempt last year. It's been fun. I am putting on the ornaments, John is watching the Giants/Eagles game...rooting for his Giants.

The weather outside is dreary!!!!

Sounds so christmas-y, even the football (whew did the Giants ever get a gift!) and the cat.

We got a great cat when I was 5. Trees ARE for climbing - indoors/outdoors, whatever, a tree's a tree. Every ornament is potential prey. When the two-legged creatures hold up strings of lights & whine about 'untangling', it's obviously a ploy to get the four-legged to see if they can jump high enough to smack a bulb.

W/ Christmas in mind, isn't the sentence "The weather outside is . .." supposed to end w/ frightful ??

Just got off the phone, may not be able to have mom down next weekend. she is telling me that they are expecting a blizzard next weekend....

Ah THERE's the frightful!

Hey! Blizzard!! Pick a different wkend!! 'Manda has plans! :)

:o ...White trash mother indeed!!....you mean to say you DON'T have a big fanfare of a yellow dog part-ay with doggy choccy treats and games, parce the parcel an' all that ???? :unsure:

TSK!!! ;)

"Parce the parcel"???? I know the word parse, but I don't think that makes any sense here. Hmmm is this a game? Is it code for 'Pin the Tail on the Yeti' ?

The tree (despite much effort) is already beginning to look like it's been dragged through a hedge backwards - much like my hair today :blink:

:lol: "dragged through a hedge backwards" :lol:

Is that a great saying I've never heard of or does such descriptive imagery just pop into Nikki's uncoiffed head?

<chuckle> "dragged through a hedge backwards" :lol:

P.S. Oops where'd that perfectly placed "Alas" go? I like a well-placed Alas. :)

Jestgar Rising Star

Aarrgghh

Spent the weekend fielding phone calls from worried mom's thinking the (now semi-bald) yeti is going to snatch their poodles to use as ear muffs. That extra ear is coming in handy.

Yep, Emily's hubby is correct, the insurance company said no reimbursement on the yeti damage. We're thinking of suing the metallic glue people to recoup our losses as the warning label clearly does NOT state:not for use prior to applying electrodes. I mean, come on, they tell you not to eat it, not to glue your fingers together, not for use as an antidiarrhetic, and not to be used to keep small children in their chairs. If it was not meant for yeti usage, they should have said something.

Getting cold here. I'm looking forward to that fur growing in so I'm not quite so chilly.

Poor Yeti, he is probably not used to having a bit of chrome dome ;)

You know Tom, every weather forecast I have checked says cloudy this upcoming weekend. I am hoping it stays that way.

Darn210 Enthusiast
I like a well-placed Alas. :)

Who doesn't like a nice ass Alas?

Darn210 Enthusiast

Jess - :lol::lol::lol:

Emily - Keep your eye on Gus :unsure:

Twas Strep. <_<

nikki-uk Enthusiast
it's supposed to get up to 76 F today! :o No white Christmas this year...

That is just.....um....WRONG!!! :blink: .......dear gawd - that's a hot summers day in the UK

Nikki - I'll trade you your backwards dragged hedge hair for my two sick kids.

<_< Mmmmm, tied it back now.....looks (suddenly) much better ;)

(but hope the little ones feel better soon :) )

"Parce the parcel"???? I know the word parse, but I don't think that makes any sense here.

OM GAWDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUSTED by the spelling police (Ptaum)!!!!

But I do actually think in this context that it should be spelt 'parce' instead of 'pass' as it looks like 'parcel' :lol::unsure:

*shakes head*.....what was I thinking??? :blink: I'm going to get myself thrown out of the superfluous spellers club !!!! :o

:lol: "dragged through a hedge backwards" :lol:

Is that a great saying I've never heard of or does such descriptive imagery just pop into Nikki's uncoiffed head?

:lol: Have you seen my husbands hair???? :lol:

<chuckle> "dragged through a hedge backwards" :lol:

I'm glad that such an common UK saying amuses you so.

What I love about it is the word 'backwards' at the end, as if you somehow could look worse than being dragged through the hedge 'forwards' :lol::lol:

Getting cold here. I'm looking forward to that fur growing in so I'm not quite so chilly.

I'm loving the way you are putting a positive spin on the whole unfortunate incident.

Who doesn't like a nice ass Alas?

Easy girl :lol:

Any news on Gus (our distinguised Gentleman?)

elye Community Regular

Well....

CHAAAAAA-CHINGGGGGG!! :o:angry::angry:

Gus's surgery was simply to blast off the icky, baked-on crap that gets on dogs' teeth and must be chiselled away (with, of course, a $300.00 anaesthetic keeping your pooch nice and still)...So, I called them just now and he's doing "just fine! He's awake now...can you hear his booming bark in the background? Now...there was an added...problem...we encountered once we were in there..."..

Oh, man.

I sit down.

Seems Augustus has receding gums. I have receding gums, my DH as well...what is this? Do we worry about a dog with receding gums? Apparently we do. So, they injected an antibiotic under his gums (first extra cha-ching), and then extracted a small incisor near the front. "We're so glad you brought him in to have this done now", she continued. Yes, I am certain you are.

I get him at 5 pm.

Visa in hand.

Wonder if I can clean some equipment, give some English lessons, sleep with somebody, as an exchange of service?

DH says to approach them....

tom Contributor

Janet :lol: UCLA study!

Aarrgghh

Spent the weekend fielding phone calls from worried mom's thinking the (now semi-bald) yeti is going to snatch their poodles to use as ear muffs. That extra ear is coming in handy.

:lol:

<i smell a new avatar>

Yep, Emily's hubby is correct, the insurance company said no reimbursement on the yeti damage. We're thinking of suing the metallic glue people to recoup our losses as the warning label clearly does NOT state:not for use prior to applying electrodes. I mean, come on, they tell you not to eat it, not to glue your fingers together, not for use as an antidiarrhetic, and not to be used to keep small children in their chairs. If it was not meant for yeti usage, they should have said something.

:lol: Jess! Too funny throughout!! :lol: :lol:

OM GAWDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUSTED by the spelling police (Ptaum)!!!!

But I do actually think in this context that it should be spelt 'parce' instead of 'pass' as it looks like 'parcel' :lol::unsure:

*shakes head*.....what was I thinking??? :blink: I'm going to get myself thrown out of the superfluous spellers club !!!! :o

Pass the parcel?

Is that like 'pass the buck', in a blame-avoidance manner, wiping away responsibility for ill-conceived gifts?

[Aaargh somehow I have an urge to use the 'wiping' in a 'scrapegoat' joke but am stuck thinking it will just look like a type-O] :blink::P:D

I'm glad that such an common UK saying amuses you so.

Yay! Bring 'em on!! I know there's plenty where that came from, but sadly, no way to predict which'll amuse the yanks. Hmm <_<:)

What I love about it is the word 'backwards' at the end, as if you somehow could look worse than being dragged through the hedge 'forwards' :lol::lol:

Isn't forwards hedge-dragging a cosmetic enhancement?

Like ... ..ohhhhhhh I saw this doll at Trader Joe's yesterday - I'm talkin TOtally hedgedragged FORwards!!

nikki-uk Enthusiast

<_< Oh you gotta love vets.......I've often thought they are like car mechanics - they could say anything is wrong and you have to go along with it.

On the plus side Gus is going to have a fantastic smile ;) ....but it may be a cold christmas in the 'Emily' household after the bill has been payed <_<

Emily, have you thought about offering to shovel snow off of peoples driveways for a few extra dollars??? ;)

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Pass the parcel?

Is that like 'pass the buck', in a blame-avoidance manner, wiping away responsibility for ill-conceived gifts?

[Aaargh somehow I have an urge to use the 'wiping' in a 'scrapegoat' joke but am stuck thinking it will just look like a type-O] :blink::P:D

:lol: I'm not sure if you are winding me up - I mean surely you have Open Original Shared Link game??

Also musical chairs, musical statues......oh the hours of fun ;)

I know there's plenty where that came from, but sadly, no way to predict which'll amuse the yanks. Hmm <_<:)

Indeed!!

You just never know with 'the yanks' what will make 'em laugh!!! :P

Isn't forwards hedge-dragging a cosmetic enhancement?

Like ... ..ohhhhhhh I saw this doll at Trader Joe's yesterday - I'm talkin TOtally hedgedragged FORwards!!

You know?, I think it is - quick!! someone drag me through that hedge....FORWARDS!!!!!!

tom Contributor
:lol: I'm not sure if you are winding me up - I mean surely you have Open Original Shared Link game??

Also musical chairs, musical statues......oh the hours of fun ;)

:lol: so it WAS supposed to be Pass!! I still thought it might be Parse the Parcel. :lol:

Gnikkeigh maye halve tayken Superfluous Spelling to knew hites! Superfluous Misspelling!

( :lol:"winding me up" )

Indeed!!

You just never know with 'the yanks' what will make 'em laugh!!! :P

:lol:

P.S. That IS a real game! Somehow one I've never heard hide nor hair of before.

"Gather 'round children! Now how'd you like to hold some gifts you can't keep?" :P:lol:

Ridgewalker Contributor
We were at a Christmas Party on Friday night - kids invited, too. So probably close to two dozen kids there and like clockwork, 48 hours later, my kids start getting sick. Me thinks someone brought sick kids to the party and "shared".

Twas Strep. <_<

EGADS! :( Sooo sorry about the strep.

No further studies are expected

:lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: But this cracked me up!!! Possibly more than it should have... B)

Well apparently, our Christmas cookies got contaminated at the decorating party, despite best efforts. Over the weekend, Lucas and I have been blowing up the potties, and Ezra has been out of control.

Maybe next year I'll invite our friends over here and just supply the cookies.

I was going to challenge myself one more time... can't stop poking the owie.... but I guess there's no need now. *sigh*

Other than that, it IS a beautimous day today!

elye Community Regular
:lol: so it WAS supposed to be Pass!! I still thought it might be Parse the Parcel. :lol:

Hilarious...Nikki's fantastic English idiomatic expressions had me, also, believing that "Parse the Parcel" was indeed a game in the UK where a present is passed around in a circle, and when a player receives the package they must try to guess what's in it and define it via its part of speech. :lol::lol:

So the new ear is in, Jess? An extra place to put the arm of your glasses. However...ya gotta buy more earrings. That's a problem, as they don't sell them in three's...

:lol::rolleyes:

tom Contributor
Well apparently, our Christmas cookies got contaminated at the decorating party, despite best efforts. . .. .

I was going to challenge myself one more time... can't stop poking the owie.... but I guess there's no need now. *sigh*

Ugh . .. .I've been worrying more about a "best efforts not enough" situation. Seems like less of an If than a When.

:( weekend :(

poking the owie! ;)

Other than that, it IS a beautimous day today!

:) today :)

<she said beautimous!

Darn210 Enthusiast
So the new ear is in, Jess? An extra place to put the arm of your glasses. However...ya gotta buy more earrings. That's a problem, as they don't sell them in three's...

:lol::rolleyes:

They don't always have to match . . . and just think of all the times when you lose half a pair . . . We shall all send our "onesies" to Jess.

An update on the kids . . . I decided that my daughter was faking it and took her to school on the way to my son's doctor's appointment. The bad news is the school nurse called three hours later to tell me that my daughter had thrown up in her office. The good news is that I didn't have to clean it up ->->-> The good news is up it I did not clean.

Oh Green Emoticon, Green Emoticon, wherefore art thou Green Emoticon?

Archived