This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

CarlaB Enthusiast
Hey Carla, want to meet me half-way in Batesville, IN?
Sure! Indy is also a possibility ... I find my way there occasionally ... we lived there for almost 10 years! Are you in Indy? I love Christmas shopping up in the Keystone area .... last time we did we lived 11 miles outside Bloomington, in the country .... it snowed like crazy and took us something like three or four hours to drive down 37 to B'ton. We realized if 37 was that bad, 43, a scenic state highway that we live on, would be impassible ... so we called the kids and told them we were staying at a hotel in Bloomington ... fun shopping trip!

I usually drive through Columbus if I go see Morgan at IU, but I could always swing through Indy instead.

Do you ever go to King's Island in the summer?

Susie, have you noticed that you sound like Yoda?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I quizzically eye him and say "Really? You remember ME?"

He says "I'm sure I've seen you before".

I must have a familiar face .... everyone thinks they know me ....

Just never been a fan of the pop-in. Sounds nice, in theory, but I like to be prepared.
I figure that if all I can offer is a glass of water, that's their fault for just dropping in! And if my house is messy, well, I didn't know they were coming! If I have no makeup on, well, they're going to have to get over that, too! LOL

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn210 Enthusiast

And now I have a special treat for you all:

Open Original Shared Link

And Susie, looks like Sarah has a crick in her neck. Can she borrow some muskel relax-her?

elye Community Regular
Hey Carla, want to meet me half-way in Batesville, IN?

:( Man, I'm just too far away to meet any other sillies. Peter and I could meet halfway, say in Tweed. Alex, I believe you are in Ontario somewhere...you close to Ottawa?

:lol: Well, she certainly does not sound like Sir Winston Churchill...

:lol::lol::lol: Fabulous stuff, Janet!

tom Contributor
What's your Twister game like, Tom? :lol:

Hmmmmm I remember large solidly colored circles of a common radius but varied hues, arranged in a matrix on a plane of white vinyl. What's YOURS like? :P

<sprusie said schemata>

Call and check in on him .... later call and ask about the lake house.

That sounds about right.

We don't mean 20min later do we?

Days later?

Andrea keeps us all in line on the OMG thread. She keeps track of our appts. our test results, and our mood, or whatever else needs taken care of. :)

Yeaaahhhhh ain't she somethin!!

You do know I have SIX kids and live close to Tennessee, right? :P

As if your oldest boy would be up for it!!

Oh, I LOVE drop-ins!

:)

Weirdo or quaint throwback?

... but it's so well-known that it's welcome that I've even had a seminarian stop in and ask me if I had any dinner leftover or a peanut butter sandwich ....

:lol:

So who have you met so far . . . I know momma goose, broncobux . . . soon to be Andrea

Well it started w/ Donna & Claire. Claire was once a regular on OMG, but hasn't been seen for a while.

Just days later I met Shelly, who i'd recruited to the OMG thread from celiacbayarea on yahoo, where they acted like she was nutty for considering mold allergies etc, and that ultra-resticted diet, for her boy.

(Woohoo going to SJ's Christmas in The Park tomorrow w/ Shelly and kids!! :D )

Then .. . ..hmmm probably the pizza w/ Goosey, Bronc & Mouse.

Then James, who owns a health food store, and tho his username here had the store name, he somehow got the boot for putting it into his sig. It's a shame. He knows a LOT and spends a lot of time keeping up on things while at work.

I feel like I missed someone but am nevertheless pretty sure I haven't.

OK, Andrea's #8!

I'll be meeting ppl in the celiacbayarea group before long too. ;) They do a couple get-togethers a month, but I haven't been able to join them yet.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:unsure:

I do? how does yoda talk......I only saw the first Star Wars. In high school. Was Yoda in that? :lol:

Ah but the disagreeability of the Seinfeldian pop-in far exceeds the neighboUrly pop-in (pssst susie missed the U earlier & I'm a tattletale :P ).

The been-on-a-date-or-3 pop-in is in an entire different leeeeeaaaaaaaague, imho.

<how'd that 'h' get in there?>

Just the fact that the dating popper-inner ( :lol: ) went out of his or her way is a grand distinction.

(Oops! loophole for those of YOU who date neighbours :lol: ) <timeout .. . .still chuckling>

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.........are you referring to MOI? That neighboUr didn't really do pop-ins.....I always knew......except for the one time......the drunken pop-in. :huh:

Sure! Indy is also a possibility ... I find my way there occasionally ... we lived there for almost 10 years! Are you in Indy? I love Christmas shopping up in the Keystone area .... last time we did we lived 11 miles outside Bloomington, in the country .... it snowed like crazy and took us something like three or four hours to drive down 37 to B'ton. We realized if 37 was that bad, 43, a scenic state highway that we live on, would be impassible ... so we called the kids and told them we were staying at a hotel in Bloomington ... fun shopping trip!

Did I ever tell you I have a brother in Fort Wayne? I never, ever talk to him, so it doesn't really matter. :huh:

And Susie, looks like Sarah has a crick in her neck. Can she borrow some muskel relax-her?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you crazy lady.

OMG - it's the sort of person that pops in that is the distinction........this woman - OMG - she is a complete, perfect STEPFORD - of her I live in mortal terror. She is.....an android, I think......

CarlaB Enthusiast
As if your oldest boy would be up for it!!

As if we'd leave him home alone!

:)

Weirdo or quaint throwback?

Well, not sure what your asking ....

No, Susie, didn't know about the brother in Fort Wayne.

tom Contributor
Hey--maybe now I could actually enjoy such an impromptu visit.....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh don't tempt me darlin'!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast

I usually drive through Columbus if I go see Morgan at IU, but I could always swing through Indy instead.

Do you ever go to King's Island in the summer?

We're just north of Indy. Prior to this summer, I went to Cincinnati three or four times a year. My friend who just moved to Boxford, MA used to live in Cinti (actually Maineville) and we would get off at the King's Island Exit to get to her house. We would sit in her driveway and watch the Kings Island Fireworks and eat ice cream. I used to live in Cincinnati. That's where I met hubby. We both worked for GE Aircraft Engines (not called that now, though).

tom Contributor
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.........are you referring to MOI? That neighboUr didn't really do pop-ins.....I always knew......except for the one time......the drunken pop-in. :huh:

Oh it was really just about the proximity distinction. When I realized the loophole existed, it HAD to be thrown in :D , regardless of the presence or absence of actual pop-ins. ;)

OMG - it's the sort of person that pops in that is the distinction........this woman - OMG - she is a complete, perfect STEPFORD - of her I live in mortal terror. She is.....an android, I think......

Gah! My Royal Reign is 45% OVER and I haven't even had the opportunity to veto a Soy Subsidies Bill!!!!

Darn210 Enthusiast
Gah! My Royal Reign is 45% OVER and I haven't even had the opportunity to veto a Soy Subsidies Bill!!!!

This is NOT a democracy Tom!!! There's no VETO . . . you just DECLARE what you want . . . (then the rest of us just point and snicker)

Darn210 Enthusiast
I do? how does yoda talk......I only saw the first Star Wars. In high school. Was Yoda in that? :lol:

Talk like Yoda, you do.

OHHHHH MYYYYYY GAWWWWWDDDDDD!!!! How could you have only seen the first Star Wars??!! And no, Yoda wasn't in the first one.

Did I ever tell you I have a brother in Fort Wayne? I never, ever talk to him, so it doesn't really matter. :huh:

Me thinks you should arrange for a reconcilliation, have him fly you out for a visit. I'll meet you at the airport and you can come to my house!

CarlaB Enthusiast
We're just north of Indy. Prior to this summer, I went to Cincinnati three or four times a year. My friend who just moved to Boxford, MA used to live in Cinti (actually Maineville) and we would get off at the King's Island Exit to get to her house. We would sit in her driveway and watch the Kings Island Fireworks and eat ice cream. I used to live in Cincinnati. That's where I met hubby. We both worked for GE Aircraft Engines (not called that now, though).

That's not too far. :)

Darn210 Enthusiast

Shoot!! I was there in July! I could have popped in and asked for a peanut butter sandwich!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Shoot!! I was there in July! I could have popped in and asked for a peanut butter sandwich!

Yep! And I'd have had gluten-free bread, too!

So, what did you do while you were here? Maybe I saw you. :)

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

If you come towards PA, you can always stop and visit me!!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
OHHHHH MYYYYYY GAWWWWWDDDDDD!!!! How could you have only seen the first Star Wars??!! And no, Yoda wasn't in the first one.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

You would probably die laughing if I told you the movies I watch repeatedly. Sappy European romantic comedies. ugh.

Wait. I DID see a movie with Yoda in it, which means....I DID see more than one Star Wars!!!!

Me thinks you should arrange for a reconcilliation, have him fly you out for a visit. I'll meet you at the airport and you can come to my house!

hmmmmmmm....I don't like him...and...he doesn't really like any of us. and BTW - I am quite certain he is Celiac - but since he virtually never goes to the doctor - who would know or care? His wife...she sort of took him away from almost everyone. Totally crazy. We speak to her once a year, on her birthday - that's it......

HEINOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Yep! And I'd have had gluten-free bread, too!

So, what did you do while you were here? Maybe I saw you. :)

If you come towards PA, you can always stop and visit me!!!

harrumphfffffffffffffffff! :angry:

I'm so jealous that you all live so close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bah.......Susie is cranky.

um.....Janet......have you seen gushy grams? go to gushygram.com - - Bev let me know about this - you will be out of your miiiiiiiiiiiind over that - and what you can do with people's heads...........

CarlaB Enthusiast

We're not THAT close! Chocolatetown is about an 8 hour drive from here. Indianapolis is only 2.

psawyer Proficient

Just a quick "pop in" to let everyone know I am still here. Morning commute was not as bad as expected until the very end. The local side streets around the store had not been plowed. Officially, Toronto got 26 cm (10 inches). When you shovel it into piles it is a lot more.

Tweed? Well, Emily, I suppose that is halfway. I was there once, many years ago. Kingston would be more to my preference, even though it is definitely closer to Ottawa than my place. My parents lived in Kingston for a while before I was born.

Back to the store in the morning, although I'm leaving a bit later since an employee is opening. Next day off: December 25th. Retail in December is good for business, lots of revenue, but lots of hours for the retailer.

Good Morning Sillies!

Ridgewalker Contributor

OMG!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This was an out-loud-guffaw for me! :lol:

Speaking of meeting board members, we may be coming up to Harrisburg in June for a family reunion. Hubby's family.

Oh dear. :o I sent the Elf link to Brian on Instant Messenger. Just got an IM back- he showed it to his whole office. Gah. :blink:

Well, I ended up eating some french rolls at the party Friday. I figured I could handle a little diarrhea, I haven't had a freakin' french roll in months. UNfortunately, it didn't give me diarrhea, it gave me the pukies.

In fact, I had to pull over when I was taking the boys to school yesterday morning. Not many places to pull over around here. Ended up err... baptizing... the parking lot of the hardware/general store.

And of course, this makes the boys nervous-- Mommy, why are you puking? Mommy, there's throw-up coming out your nose. You hit the car door, Mommy. What made you puke, Mommy???

Feeling slightly better, today.

jerseyangel Proficient

Oh Sarah--

You poor thing :( That sounds awful.

Stupid roll :angry:

Darn210 Enthusiast
Well, I ended up eating some french rolls at the party Friday. I figured I could handle a little diarrhea, I haven't had a freakin' french roll in months. UNfortunately, it didn't give me diarrhea, it gave me the pukies.

In fact, I had to pull over when I was taking the boys to school yesterday morning. Not many places to pull over around here. Ended up err... baptizing... the parking lot of the hardware/general store.

And of course, this makes the boys nervous-- Mommy, why are you puking? Mommy, there's throw-up coming out your nose. You hit the car door, Mommy. What made you puke, Mommy???

Feeling slightly better, today.

Poked the Owie, huh? Hope you're feeling better soon.

Ridgewalker Contributor
Poked the Owie, huh? Hope you're feeling better soon.

Exactly. <_< I think I'm done now. :rolleyes:

elye Community Regular

Ahhhh...just lost my whole post...GRRRRRRRR :angry:

Not a good day....phone line is down. Repairman to come between 5 and 10 tonight...DH and I will be at a Christmas Fete. So, our two kids will entertain said techie, point to all the phone jacks, and let him at it. I feel a bit funny about this....could one of you call my place and make sure everything's okay there? AH! You can't get through...must get phone fixed...

Had all quotes ready to respond to, and poof. So, what can I remember?...

Tom: My scrabble board was always covered in beer.

And re. AndreaB: Is she single? Was the hand-rubbing in anticipation of a spark? Or just anxiousness to meet someone cool?

Janet: Perhaps you know Susie's brother! But you'd probably be more more inclined to remember his wife...she sounds like quite a piece of work...

Peter: Tweed is a beautiful, historic little town right on highway seven. Geographically, it is exactly the midpoint between Ottawa and Toronto (if you do 7, not the whole 401). Great homemade gluten-free ice cream!

I hope you are feeling better.

Archived