Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TriticusToxicum

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

My personal FAVORITE

"It's but a flesh wound..."

Richard

"Not all who wander are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

Risus remedium optimum est

Speaking of fish theme......

"You shall cut down the tallest tree in the forest...wiiiith. A Herring!!!"

"Gasp"

"No Sir knight, anything but that!"

Oh monty python how you cheer me up when I am glum :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol: hi Katrina! welcome to lunacy.

um, you guys, too many Youtubes todya, computer is running them SO slowly and so I am taking a stance, harrumph, can no longer watch them. :huh::( so I don't even know half of what you're talking about (except the dearly-loved Monty Python, of course :lol: ). Dingo Girl, out of the loop............ :o Plus, it's my day off, have WAY too much to do today, cannot......get.....sucked......into.......Silly Yak...............thread...............GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough whining..........back to silliness!! But, I have to leave now. You know, I seriously need to get a job where I can just sneak onto the computer all day (like Richard, my role model) B)

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

My personal FAVORITE

"It's but a flesh wound..."

:lol::lol::lol:

I forgot how funny they were!!!!

Perfect sillyness!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

OMG- my favorite is the Black Knight too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I have no quarrel with you good Sir Knight"

"tis but a scratch!"

Pansy.........

That and "Bring out your dead, bring out your dead"

"I'm not dead!"

'"I'm gettting better!"

"I feel fine!"

"I think I'll go for a walk!"

"I feel happy!"

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

OMG- my favorite is the Black Knight too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I have no quarrel with you good Sir Knight"

"tis but a scratch!"

Pansy.........

That and "Bring out your dead, bring out your dead"

"I'm not dead!"

'"I'm gettting better!"

"I feel fine!"

"I think I'll go for a walk!"

"I feel happy!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And the coconuts. And that whole moose thing during the credits

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Bev, your comment was so funny, and true!!

See- you love Mr Darcy- na na na na na! I just started randomly leaving silly comments when I realized it was kind of fun!

Darcy says: In vain have I struggled, it will not do. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

You say, "oh my, that's nice. Now bugger off!"

1 year later...first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Carla pushing a baby carriage. :P

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

LOL, I didn't say anything to him, I just avoided him ... we lived down the street from each other in college. Eventually I ran into him and gave him a chance, but it was a few years before the baby carriage!!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Have you seen http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=348371717561530893 (Sorry, don't know how to make it say "this")

Carla:

With this being such a slow day here, I thought that I would bring it up so others can appreciate this.

It is one of the funniest things that I have ever seen. :lol:

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

It is one of the funniest things that I have ever seen. :lol:

I agree, it's HYSTERICAL!!!! :lol::lol::lol: I've seen it a hundred times over the past couple years and laugh every time!!!!

gluten-free 12/05

Where 'tis everyone today? I want to play!

I have a funny story. A friend of ours was over Saturday night and was talking about his three year old daughter who is quite a spitfire. He was talking to her and he said, "Tell me a secret sweetie". She leaned in his ear and whispered, "Daddy, I don't love you" then exploded in laughter. He did NOT think it was qquite that funny!

Kids! I babysitted my nieces this weekend and olivia, who is three, is really into Dora wanted me to teach her Spanish. So, I taught her the usual

I'm hungry

I'm happy

My name is Olivia

I love you

and then threw in Lake Titicaca (it's a REAL lake on Peru/Bolivia Border)). She thought it was the funniest thing she had ever heard. :rolleyes:

Also, I made my own gluten-free food and dessert and brought it over. I brought her some too. It was baked stuffed chicken with a mushroom sauce (came out really yummy- I'll post the recipe) and I told her she might not like the sauce. She said, "No, I like it!"

"But you haven't tasted it yet"

"But I like it!'

So I make some and put it on her plate. She sits there eating it saying nothing and then my sis walks in the room and she looks at her and says, "Mama. this is SO disgusting!"

We just burst out laughing.

Kids is funny!

Here's not-so-funny-funny

Watch out who you make mad

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Bev :lol: :lol: well now kids IS funny, ain't they? Your niece - oh she sounds adorable.

I want to play, too, but have too many heinous errands and such to do on my day off. Harumph!! :angry:

But wanted to tell Momma Goose, love that wacky monkey which you re-posted, and also that your goslings are just lovely.

Have to head out now. Keep playing, I'll check back later.

Where is RICHARD??????? Isn't he supposed to be goofing off now? :angry:

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

Where 'tis everyone today? I want to play!

Here!! (but not feeling terrible witty - suffering from 'non coeliac' brain fog me thinks :blink: ) but carry on!! (maybe my brain will kick into gear ..ya never know? :unsure: )

Kids huh !! - I know mine have said some pretty funny things - will try and remember :)

Oooh stuffed chicken sounds yummmm :P

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

I like this one too:

Urban Dictionary

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Years ago I made a spring mix salad. My daughter Chloe, who was probably about 5 back then said, "Mom, there's a leaf in my salad!" I told her that all salads were made with leaves. She said under her breath, "I hate leaves."

gluten-free 12/05

Years ago I made a spring mix salad. My daughter Chloe, who was probably about 5 back then said, "Mom, there's a leaf in my salad!" I told her that all salads were made with leaves. She said under her breath, "I hate leaves."

:lol: Years ago, the year my dad died, we took a family trip to Hawaii for Christmas (and I highly recommend that!). My totally wacky uncle was there (rest his soul), and one night we were eating a lovely dinner, about 10 of us. My uncle wasn't wearing his glasses, just happily chomping away at his salad, when my mother, quite startled sitting next to him, noticed some, uh, movement.....and the most SHOCKINGLY LARGE, blackish slug crawled out of the leaves................ :huh: We fell apart in screams of laughter, except for my grandfather - - - so shocking - - he was NOT happy, and it was the first, last, and only time I saw him become angry in my entire life, and he made his opinions know to the restaurant staff.

But the SLUG theme carried on well into the night, as we silly dancers, out on the dance floor in a bar later on, put our fingers up on our heads like slug antennae and sort of hunched over, complete dorks, laughing our heads off.....and it was contagious, everyone else started doing it too........so the DJ asked what was going on, we informed him, so he announced later, "well, they're really SLUGGING it out on the dance floor, aren't they?"

ha ha ha!! makes me laugh every time................ :lol: I have the cutest photo of my uncle with his "slug antennae," wish I had a scanner, I'd put it up here right now.

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

:lol: Years ago, the year my dad died, we took a family trip to Hawaii for Christmas (and I highly recommend that!). My totally wacky uncle was there (rest his soul), and one night we were eating a lovely dinner, about 10 of us. My uncle wasn't wearing his glasses, just happily chomping away at his salad, when my mother, quite startled sitting next to him, noticed some, uh, movement.....and the most SHOCKINGLY LARGE, blackish slug crawled out of the leaves................ :huh: We fell apart in screams of laughter, except for my grandfather - - - so shocking - - he was NOT happy, and it was the first, last, and only time I saw him become angry in my entire life, and he made his opinions know to the restaurant staff.

But the SLUG theme carried on well into the night, as we silly dancers, out on the dance floor in a bar later on, put our fingers up on our heads like slug antennae and sort of hunched over, complete dorks, laughing our heads off.....and it was contagious, everyone else started doing it too........so the DJ asked what was going on, we informed him, so he announced later, "well, they're really SLUGGING it out on the dance floor, aren't they?"

ha ha ha!! makes me laugh every time................ :lol: I have the cutest photo of my uncle with his "slug antennae," wish I had a scanner, I'd put it up here right now.

OMG :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ewwww...but so funny!

Carla- my BIL still refers to brocolli as trees and he'll be 40 in May!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

LOL My sister always called broccoli bushes and asparagus trees!

Funny about the slug! YUCK!

gluten-free 12/05

LOL My sister always called broccoli bushes and asparagus trees!

Funny about the slug! YUCK!

Yep- he calls asparagus trees too!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

:lol: My older son who is 26 always referred to broccoli as "little trees". He was one of those kids who loved veggies--and to this day is not overly fond of sweets. He prefers salad.

My husband always wonders where he came from :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

:lol: My older son who is 26 always referred to broccoli as "little trees". He was one of those kids who loved veggies--and to this day is not overly fond of sweets. He prefers salad.

:oWHAT?????????? loves veggies and not overly fond of sweets? what kind of freak is he??????????? :lol: Holy cow, wish I felt that way.....................

am going to make my own thread, in fact, attesting to the fact that I am a COMPLETE PIG these days. I want to eat and eat and eat and eat................so since there's no stopping mechanism any more, no good things are allowed in the house.

HARRUMPH!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

Susan, I KNOW!! My husband and I both love chocolate and our favorite food is pie :lol:

Our younger son is a cookie/donut/junk food addict. I guess the older one got the recessive sensible gene that missed the rest of us! :P

I know what you mean about not keeping the goodies in the house.....I'm trying not to gain weight after this surgery. I've heard that it's pretty common--and that scared me half to death :lol: Must. get. back. into. jeans. :(

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Susan, I KNOW!! My husband and I both love chocolate and our favorite food is pie :lol:

Our younger son is a cookie/donut/junk food addict. I guess the older one got the recessive sensible gene that missed the rest of us! :P

I know what you mean about not keeping the goodies in the house.....I'm trying not to gain weight after this surgery. I've heard that it's pretty common--and that scared me half to death :lol: Must. get. back. into. jeans. :(

Yeah-uhm..that gene skipped me too. I've been racheling Namaste Blondies and Sunflower butter. Not together.but OMG....I can't stop! Bad bad bad.

I ordered the New York City Ballet workout videos. :lol: We'll see if that helps!

And a bikini. maybe I'll hang it on the fridge as a deterrent. :P:ph34r:

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif