Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa

Road Trip

Going on a road trip. What adults with celiac disease, would you put in your cooler or food bucket, for an extended road trip? (extended, one week).?

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I would pack lots of nuts, rasins, peanutbutter, rice cakes, LARA bars, some apples, lunch meat in the cooler, maybe some packets of grits to stop and add water to on the road for breakfast. Some sort of candy, chocolate..

:o:D:) [quote name='Momma Goose' date='Sep 29 2006,

Going on a road trip. What adults with celiac disease, would you put in your cooler or food bucket, for an extended road trip? (extended, one week).?

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I just went on a motorcycle trip to Montana for ten days - smaller "trunks" to pack and no cooler. But I found that what I appreciated:

my mustard

my lunch meat

my trail mix

my granola bars

sometimes I had rice milk or almond milk for getting tea lattes (don't normally drink these, but I got REALLY cold at times on that bike - Montana weather is WEIRD - and it helped)

What I took that I didn't eat that I thought I would:

granola bars. (okay, they're on both lists, but I took so many it was silly)

instant hot quinoa cereal. didn't eat it because the flavor was AWFUL (new for me)

Bought along the way:

avocados

apples

etc.

mustard was important. and a knife.

Tuna salad with walnuts and grapes

Celery with cream cheese

Sliced chicken

Fruit and yogurt

Trail Mix

Orange Juice

Have fun! :)

Lee

I tend to bring luncheon meat, cheese sticks, cottage cheese with pineapple (if you can have dairy). Gluten free crackers (which you can put peanut butter, meat and or cheese, etc. on). Gluten free jerky (if you can find it). gluten-free cookies, gluten-free bannana bread. gluten-free trail mix with nuts, dried fruit with some m&m's or chocolate stars. Cheetos or cool ranch doritos. Chocolate milk.