This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

New Addition To Family

Guest nini

Guest nini

I'm up here on the computer at quarter to 4 in the morning because we have a new kitty... he's not a kitten, not full grown, but our other two cats are UPSET... I'm playing referee at the moment. I suppose it would be easier to just put the new guy in the bathroom and let him rest but it's just going to prolong the adjustment period... My dog just thinks he's a play toy...

so how did we end up with this new kitty? My hubby was at work the other day and a lady came through his line and made a comment about trying to find a home for a kitty that her neighbors left when they moved out of her apartment complex. She already has two kitties and can't take in another one because of her security deposit and lack of space in the apartment. She has been feeding this little guy and said he was so sweet (she didn't lie, he's precious) So, my hubby, being the sweet guy he is, and he was already in a mood and missing our kitty Zekie that died recently, and it just seemed like perfect timing. We brought him home tonight, I still have to get him neutered asap but the lady who gave him to us also gave us some money to offset the cost of neutering him.

My hubby and my daughter named him Gizmo, he's probably about a year old, he's mostly white and orange, his eyes are the most unusual shade of gold I've ever seen. Earlier he curled up with me on the couch and fell sound asleep on me and the way he snuggles and cuddles reminds me so much of my Zekie (I miss him so much)... He fell asleep with us in our bed for a while, then when he got up to pee (litter box trained YAY!!!!) our kitty Buggy got all upset and I thought WW111 was going to start so I am here sitting out here making sure they don't hurt each other.. Things are calm right now (knock wood)... I'll post links to pics as soon as I can!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Nini :)

What a nice story! I'm so happy that Gizmo and you all found each other! Gizmo--what a cute name :D I can't wait to see pictures--your daughter must be so excited!

Guest melannen

He sounds absolutely adorable!! I have a cuddley kitty too, they're the best :D

And I love the name Gizmo!

Turtle Enthusiast

Hey Nini:

That's cool! Welcome lil' Gizmo!

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I hope he settles in nicely. We added a foundling recently also and things got interesting a few times at first. We ended up needing to get yet another litter box, the new guy insisted on claiming one and would chase the others out then lay in it, even if used yuuch. We got another box and that seems to have helped. It shouldn't be long before everyone at your home is getting along and having some fun together.

Congratulations on the new addition.

jerseyangel Proficient
I hope he settles in nicely. We added a foundling recently also and things got interesting a few times at first. We ended up needing to get yet another litter box, the new guy insisted on claiming one and would chase the others out then lay in it, even if used yuuch. We got another box and that seems to have helped. It shouldn't be long before everyone at your home is getting along and having some fun together.

Congratulations on the new addition.

Ravenwood,

So you decided to keep the cute grey kitty that used to be your avatar? I remember you said that you weren't sure what you were going to do--I'm glad you kept him! :) What's his name?

2kids4me Contributor

Sounds like Gizmo has found a wonderful place to call home. Yes, get him neutered ASAP. He is old enough to start spraying. Once he feels like he is on his own turf and there are other pets around - that is when he will mark out his territory.

Good luck with the spats that will happen as everyone figues out where they are in the social status of the group :rolleyes: usually lots of noise but not much to the big display with cats unless they really have score to settle.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Nini congrats on the new addition..gizmo..so cool.

what decision did you make. sorry never got back to you. yesterday was the PITS FOR ME...

LET ME KNOW OK?

JUDY

AndreaB Contributor

Nini,

He sounds cute. Can't wait to see pictures. :)

I love kitties....just can't have any where we live and with the baby.

Nancym Enthusiast

Yikes! I'm always too late with this advise. But there's a right way and a wrong way to introduce new cats to a household. You can find the advise on the Internet. Just look for "introduce new cat". It really works. I have had wonderful results.

Guest nini
Yikes! I'm always too late with this advise. But there's a right way and a wrong way to introduce new cats to a household. You can find the advise on the Internet. Just look for "introduce new cat". It really works. I have had wonderful results.

I've had cats all my life and have plenty of experience with introducing a new cat... things are going pretty good, when we aren't home we are keeping him confined... I got all the info to get him neutered at the local spay and neuter clinic, they open back up on Tue. so I will call then for an appt.

Judy, I didn't have to make a decision! I get the best of both worlds...I'll tell you about it later, remind me.

Guest nini
mouse Enthusiast

He is absolutely gorgeous. I love the name Gismo. Glad you got a new kitty.

Guest melannen

He's adorable!! I wish I could reach through the screen and cuddle him!!

AndreaB Contributor

What a beautiful cat! :D I miss having kitties. :(

jerseyangel Proficient

What a sweetie :D

Archived