Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Jello pudding is made by Kraft and Kraft will list gluten ingredients clearly. I know the instant vanilla and chocolate are ok. Probably there are others, too.

Karen

gluten free 4/06

casein free 7/06

DQ1, DQ8

Daughter (11) gluten free 5/06, casein free 6/06

Daughter (9) gluten free 3/06, casein free 7/06, soy free, trying peanut free

vegetarian

gluten lite on and off since 1999

All dx'ed by Enterolab

Well, I make tapioca pudding from scratch, using the quick kind. It's just plain tapioca so I know it's safe. Only takes a few minutes and oh so good! Add fresh fruit of your choice - can't really go wrong.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Well, I make tapioca pudding from scratch, using the quick kind. It's just plain tapioca so I know it's safe. Only takes a few minutes and oh so good! Add fresh fruit of your choice - can't really go wrong.

Ooh, sounds good. Can you post the recipe? Would it work with rice milk?

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

There is one that I know is *not* gluten-free. My T Fine Butterscotch--I verified that by phone--beware!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Pudding mix is a snap to make-and the benefit is then you know exactly what's in it. Make sure you store the mixes is an airtight container (I like the "lock n lock" brand-it is truly airtight).

Vanilla Pudding Mix

2-1/3 cups granulated sugar

1-3/4 cornstarch

3/4 teaspoon salt

Combine all ingredients until well blended. Store in an airtight 4-cup container in a cool, dry place. Use within 4 months. Stir mix before measuring to make pudding.

Chocolate Pudding Mix

1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted

3-1/4 cups granulated sugar

1-1/3 cups cornstarch

1/2 teaspoon salt

Combine all ingredients until well blended. Store in an airtight 6-cup container in a cool, dry place. Use within 3-4 months. Stir mix before measuring to make pudding.

To make vanilla pudding:

2 egg yolks

2/3 Vanilla Pudding Mix

2-3/4 cups milk

2 tablespoons butter or margarine

1/1/2 teaspoons vanilla

In a medium bowl, beat eggs yolks; set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine pudding mix and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and begins to bubble. Stirring vigorously, slowly pour about half of the hot mixture into beaten egg yolks. Stir egg-yolk mixture into remaining hot mixture. Cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from heat. Stir in butter or margarine and vanilla until blended. Pour into dish(es) and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.

For chocolate pudding:

Substitute 1 cup Chocolate Pudding Mix for the Vanilla Pudding Mix. You can leave out the egg yolks in this recipe also, but it is not as rich of a flavor.

I hope this helps-it is really easy to have around. I actually pre-heat my milk in the microwave (since it can't burn in there) because I'm lazy and don't want to stand at the stove stirring for ten minutes while the milk heats (I'm a bum-what can I say)

God Bless you and yours!