Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rkmonckton11

Medical Id Braclet

Hello everyone. I was just wondering if any one wears a Medical Id braclet? I was thinking about buying one offline and having celiac disease put on it. Does anyone have any thoughts about these braclets?

thanks so much

kristen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have medical tags for other allergies, so I added celiac to it. If I only had celiac for it, I don't think I would go to the expense of buying a tag.

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

hi

i have one that says celiac sprue use only gluten free foods and drugs. i got it because when i travel i thought customs would take it more seroiusly at airports if they give me trouble about carrying lots of food in my luggage. also it just makes me feel safer to have it on.

Jess

Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac

years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

I've been thinking about it.

I am allergic to several medications--that could possibly come into play if I were in an emergency room and unable to talk. If I do, I will definately include Celiac on it.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I am getting one for sure. I have a severe food allergy and celiac disease.

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

I don't have one. I "only" have food intolerances, not allergies. If I had an allergy and was going to die if given the wrong drug, I would definately have one. As it is, I'd rather them give me a medicine that was going to gluten me than give me an alternative that might not save my life. If I were in a position they were needing the bracelet for, it would be serious. I'd rather be glutened for a couple weeks than die from taking a lesser medicine. But, like I said, if I had other "allergies", then I would definately have one.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I want one of those bracelets. I think it would be fabulous to represent and embrace who I am. I'm a Celiac, so what?

Does anyone know where I can order one? :D

"I have failed and that is why I succeed."

I want one of those bracelets. I think it would be fabulous to represent and embrace who I am. I'm a Celiac, so

i got mine at medicalert.org

if g-d forbid you are found hurt, medics are required to read your bracelet and call the number on it which has all your medical info on file, including emergency family phone numbers.

Jess

Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac

years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

I want one of those bracelets. I think it would be fabulous to represent and embrace who I am. I'm a Celiac, so what?

Cody: I have a dog tag for my diabetes and celiacs and I ordered it on line. Can't remember the name of the company just Google "medical alert ID" tons or stuff out there. L.A.

Best RX? Ice Cream!

Positive Blood Test 2000

Negative Biopsy 2000

I am getting one..I think its a good thing to have especially if you have other allergies in addition to celiac

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

I was JUST discussing this the other day. I don't need a hospital or EMT giving me the cheap medication that's just gonna make me more sick.

I'm glad I'm not hte only one!

Misdiagnosed with Duardinitis & Endometriosis

Diagnosed after 6 yrs & 4 Doc and every test known to man

Diagnosed October 2004

Anemic as a teen

Small Stature

Dental Issues

Constant Headaches

Joint Pain

Mood Swings

Lethargy

All those disappeared after eliminating Gluten

I have one. Mine also lists allergies to medications, but I think I'd still wear one even if celiac was my only problem. Honestly, just by showing my Medical ID, I've been allowed to take food into places that have a "No Food" policy. It's really helped me.

The boys wear ID bracelets too, and theirs just list food allergies (under celiac it says only feed me gluten free food). Since they are young, many adults don't listen to them when the boys say they can't eat something, but the people back off once they see the Medical ID. I'd just rather be safe than sorry.

Danielle

Diagnosed with Celiac 1/3/06 at age 20

Also dairy free and soy light

Guardian to 3 boys, ages 4, 3, and 2 who are gluten-free, df, corn free, and soy light

I had a tongue-in-cheek conversation w/ my doctor a few years ago and whined... "I'm gonna end up in a nursing home and they're gonna feed me bread and I'm gonna have diarrhea and they'll be mad at me cause I'm messing my drawers all the time and I'll get bedsores... and ... yada, yada, yada.

The bracelet is a good idea, I think... but then you're at the mercy of people knowing or not knowing what GLUTEN is!!

luvs2eat

Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas

positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy

diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day

Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!