Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Be careful of gin, not all are gluten-free, I do know that Tangueray is, as well as Booth's, Gordons, Popov, Seagram's extra Dry. Also, if you enjoy gin and tonic you can have that as well.

As for other alcohol, we can have Wine (pretty much all of it)

Bacardi Party Drinks - Bahama Mama, Hurricane, Long Island Iced Tea, Zombie

Black Haus Blackberry Schnapps

Captain Morgan ( Original Spiced rum, Private Stock, Silver Spiced rum, Tattoo) and Parrot Bay (Coconut, Mango, Passionfruit, and Pineapple)

Cider Jack

Cointreu

Sake

Martini & Rossi Asti

Skyy vodka (regular, berry, citrus, melon, orange, spiced, and vanilla)

gluten-free beer (If you are lucky enough to live in an area that gets it)

Woodchuck Cider (Amber, Dark and Dry, Granny Smith, Pear, and Raspberry)

Hope this helps.

Kate

Gluten free since 12/05 and feeling better!

I would highly recommend the Woodchuck Cider if you can get it in your area. Not only are all flavors gluten free, but they actually ADVERTISE them as gluten free. Way to go Woodchuck!

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

How about some tequila?

Or a martini drink? Most places have an extensive martini menu, look over it and get a safe one ... if you're not sure, get another one and check out the one you want for next time. I get potato vodka, better safe than sorry ...

Mojitos are good, too.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

How about some tequila?

Or a martini drink? Most places have an extensive martini menu, look over it and get a safe one ... if you're not sure, get another one and check out the one you want for next time. I get potato vodka, better safe than sorry ...

Mojitos are good, too.

For Tequila

From Jose Quervo web site

"Q: Which Jose Cuervo products are gluten-free?

A: All Jose Cuervo tequilas, Authentic Cuervo Margaritas, Margarita Minis, and Golden Margaritas are gluten-free."

I'd post the link to the above, but its one of those annoying flash/music interface things that drive me nuts. Its in the FAQ.

On Sauza,

I've called and got a definate answer on Sauce Hornitos is gluten-free, I'd didn't ask about the others. as thats the one I like the most.

"If I start fighting a war... I guarantee you'll see something new" - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

hi everyone.. i'm confused. i thought all gin was off limits???? doesnt it come from gluten-containing grains?

also, anyone know of what cider brands are OFF LIMITS? i know woodchuck and cider jack are okay.. and im pretty sure Magner's is also gluten-free. i'm just worried of the ones which will hurt us...

thanks!!!

Wine coolers are OFF LIMITS as they are actually flavored beer. Just read the label.

Dx celiac sprue 06-06-06

Prometheus Labs in California, blood work

AGA IgG=negative AGA IgA=negative

TTG IgA=positive EMA IgA=positive

Endoscopy shows moderate to severe villa blunting

severe asthma, COPD

right Bundle Branch Block (heart conduction)

short PR interval (heart)

Arnold Chiari Malformation

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Fibromyalgia, Myofascial pain syndrome

GERD

Osteoporosis, osteoarthritis

Severe claustrophobia

Gallbladder removed

When someone you love becomes a memory,

that memory becomes a treasure.

Wine coolers are OFF LIMITS as they are actually flavored beer. Just read the label.

Actually, this varies from state to state due to different tax laws. In some states, taxation is very different for malt beverages than for wine, and in order to sell the cooler at a price people will pay, they are made so as to be classified as malt beverages and as a result contain gluten. In other states where wine is not as heavily taxed (and in Canada), wine coolers are made from wine, not malt, and are by and large gluten free. But do read the label.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Guest nini

I thought Bacardi was a rum and therefore gluten-free... (I'm not a drinker so noone get upset at me if I'm absolutely wrong!)