This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Fourty Something Women

Guest Floridian

Guest Floridian

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DingoGirl Enthusiast

oh my gaaaaaaaaaaawd thank you Cecile - - was just about to start another one myself....

:lol::lol::lol:

so what do we talk about now..... :lol:

okay everyone - don't post any more on the MEN - - - - - - - thread - - we are done with that......

DingoGirl Enthusiast

no you did not but we don't care...... :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Um.. :unsure: just turned 50..can I come in? Lord knows I could use some help :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast

come on in Patti, silly goose, of course you can come in.....

help...let's see.....my whole face has peeled off repeatedly and I look 15 years younger than I am! (that's what they said at the pub, anyway - they literally shrieked when I told them my age) :lol: try the tazorac, or a retinol cream - - very painful and unsightly at first, though :huh:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
OMG... yes Patti!!! I was just so nervous starting a thread... like I am responsible for it... :lol:

Yup, now you must bear the onus of help all of us 40-somethings.....ha ha ha

Now give us your beauty tips - besides swimming with dolphins - we don't all have those in our back yards ;)

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Um.. :unsure: just turned 50..can I come in? Lord knows I could use some help :D

:lol: LOl!-Me too (3 yrs short of 40) :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
OMG... yes Patti!!! I was just so nervous starting a thread... like I am responsible for it... :lol:

I'd be nervous, too :ph34r: But don't be! This will be fun.

Now, about peeling off my old skin in order to be mistaken for 35.....(I added 5 years to Susan because I'm older to begin with--I can live with 35!) :P I need to do something--I've really been considering hyroquinone (I think that's how you spell it :blink: ) to fade the spots from the sun. Has anyone tried that?

I figure, if we can't always feel good, we can sure as heck LOOK good :lol: Like Billy Crystal used to say (in his best Ricardo Mantalbon voice) "It's more important to look maavelous, than to feel maavelous". B)

CarlaB Enthusiast

So, what was this stuff prescribed for Susan?

jerseyangel Proficient
omg... I even spelled thread wrong... ohhh this sux... :lol:

I noticed that, but I didn't want to say anything :P

Love ya ;)

jerseyangel Proficient
:lol: can you believe I have such bad anxiety about just starting a thread?

I sure can! Why do you think I almost never start one? I post all the time--on other people's threads! :ph34r:

AndreaB Contributor

I don't mind starting them, but some names just draw more attention. :P

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Patti - - :lol::lol:

Carla - it's Tazorac cream, and my friend gave me the samples - she believes she has something weird going on on her TORSO skin - OMG - she is psychotic about it and keeps going to the derm - she's my best friend and I just shake my head - I told h er, as we age, we just get barnacles and stuff...you can't even SEE the stuff on her skin, it's more like a texture change. Anywho, she gave me the Tazorac (and all the other things that aren't working for her alleged condition) , I think it's prescribed for acne and aging issues....it seems to be behaving like a retinol cream but I still have some breakouts so am using it and sticking with it.

Patti - I have tried that bleaching cream for pigmentation - I actually think this stuff works better. But I probably didn't stick with the bleaching stuff as long as I should ahve.

Okay - rented a movie two days ago (Syriana) and should probably watch it...and it's Sunday, my farvorite day, and it's OVERCAST :rolleyes: (my favorite thing next to rain) and when it's a rainy or overcast Sunday....I am happy as can be.... :) (now that my climbing days are over....and the rocks don't need to be dry ;) )

AndreaB Contributor

Celia so glad to "see" you. I didn't like it when you were "invisible". :ph34r:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG we're all here...and we can SEE each other....it's like old times.... :wub:

except that I gotta go watch my movie!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hmmm, my face is broken out right now ... the sauna seems to be drawing out the toxins as it's getting worse. Maybe I should go see a dermatologist now so I can get some!!

I'm actually usually mistaken for younger, but not 30! There was a guy at King's Island guessing ages and weights. My 16 year old son wanted a prize, so paid the guy to guess my age! :lol::lol: He was wrong! He was a kid, I was there with my teenager, and he guessed 36. Not bad.

AndreaB Contributor

Kids "washed" the cars (kinda) with a little loupha (how do you spell that?) and a finger nail brush. :ph34r: Mitch is not a very happy camper right now. :o I told him that they were just trying to help and to be thankful....I haven't seen the cars yet, but I don't think those would have scratched the paint. :blink: I hope not.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Andrea.....oh dear...... :o

Carla....remember, I don't have any kids - I've ALWAYS gotten more sleep than you have ;):lol: Maybe that's why they guess 30.....

CarlaB Enthusiast
Andrea.....oh dear...... :o

Carla....remember, I don't have any kids - I've ALWAYS gotten more sleep than you have ;):lol: Maybe that's why they guess 30.....

Yea, but I think some of your old boyfriends may have been worse than kids. ;):P:lol: I'm catching up on sleep now, I am allowed to do that still!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Yea, but I think some of your old boyfriends may have been worse than kids. ;):P:lol:

oh my god.....YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::ph34r::lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
oh my god.....YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::ph34r::lol:

Apparently I do!! We've gotten bits and pieces around here!!!

Although, my one son is such a liar, I can't stand it! I'll take any ideas!! Nothing I hate more than lies! Ugh.

AndreaB Contributor

I see you Molly.

Are you learning about what life may be like 20-30 years ahead. :lol:

mouse Enthusiast

Sorry to jump in as I am 24 years OVER 40. But, I believe I am 40 LOL. The stuff you used Susan, was it OTC? And does it get rid of wrinkles. When I got so sick 3 years ago, I went from 3 little wrinkles around each eye, to many. And I now have lots of wrinkles around the mouth. I suppose it is from the huge weight loss. But, I would certainly like then reduced. So Susan, does that stuff work for wrinkles.

rinne Apprentice

You may have spelled fourty but when I read fourty something women, I thought there were forty women who wanted to talk about something. :lol::lol::lol:

happygirl Collaborator

haha, ok, I'm not forty, but 25, but this random thread (spelled correctly) was too hysterical to pass up. This is why women are great-random conversations that a man doesn't want to follow, but we think is completely logical.

Ok, so what do 40 year old women talk about? (haha, I'm sorry, I couldn't resist).

And, Floridian, I hope I look as good as you when I hit 40!

Archived