This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Fourty Something Women

Guest Floridian

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Pixie, welcome - - OMG tell us why you look THIRTY in your photo, I thought you were that age, why are your thighs so skinny????? :huh:

I am so touched by you girls wearing purple....great photos Cecile and Robbin (we get to see you!)....so sorry about this young Rachel and her family....glad her mom has found some support :(

I don't have time to write, gotta go work for that chaotic writer I work for occasionally....imagine ME, trying to put order into HER life....ha ha ha ha :lol::lol::lol: (somehow I am able to do this) -

am about to blow-dry the hair - we will see the reality of things -

Carla - you are right - she cut MORE than I wanted - I don't WANT to post a new photo now!! :angry:

the botox - the one who scares me the most is actor Ray Liotta - saw him on a talk show and he looks FREAKISH - can't really smile any more - what is up with THAT?????

;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla - you are right - she cut MORE than I wanted - I don't WANT to post a new photo now!! :angry:

You have to. Have your friend you help out take it. :) Do you have a camera phone? They're not the greatest, but that's how my avatar was taken. Morgan took it. Adam took pics of just me, but he hasn't emailed them to me yet.

lonewolf Collaborator

Hi everyone,

Checking in from my desk at work. I'm sufficiently recovered from my surgery to go back to school (I'm a teacher and athletic director) and am now here on my day off catching up on all kinds of stuff that didn't get done while I was laying on the couch and sitting at my computer at home.

Susan - sorry your hair is too short, at least it will grow! And I'm sure short is better than green!

Hey Richard - I see you peeking in here again. We're all going to tell your wife!

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Liz--

Glad things are getting back to normal for you. Hope your desk isn't too full of things to take care of--I know they have a way of building up fast :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Richard, are you going to say something, or just read?

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Richard, are you going to say something, or just read?

I was just taking a head count... not quite 40 of you in here...False advertising if you ask me. <_<

Anybody own a pair of these?

Open Original Shared Link

CarlaB Enthusiast

No, it's because we're 40 something years old, so there are two reasons you don't fit in here!!! Now, be a good boy and go play with your Power Rangers .... it's pretty clear you don't actually work!!!! LOL

Those pantyhose are hysterical. I'm so glad no pantyhose is the syle, I hate them!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lonewolf Collaborator

Carla, I love your avatar. Everytime I look at your husband it makes me laugh. Was he just being cheesy for the camera?

Patti - thanks. My job-share partner kept the desk organized and kept things going pretty well. But I have zillions of things to do with trying to get progress reports out and organize the upcoming basketball season.

TriticusToxicum Explorer
No, it's because we're 40 something years old, so there are two reasons you don't fit in here!!! Now, be a good boy and go play with your Power Rangers .... it's pretty clear you don't actually work!!!! LOL

Those pantyhose are hysterical. I'm so glad no pantyhose is the syle, I hate them!

First you want me to say something, now you want me to skidaddle...geessh.

I'm actually hard at work today, I'm catching up from 4 days of goofing off...or is it that I'm catching up on my goofing off....sometimes I can't tell the difference :huh:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla, I love your avatar. Everytime I look at your husband it makes me laugh. Was he just being cheesy for the camera?

Yea, he usually makes that silly face in a picture!! Of course, even though I know he does, it still always surprises me! His Sam's Club card even had that face, but it was of the more "I'm annoyed" variety, but still the big eyes. Cashiers would laugh when he'd give it to them! He made silly faces in most of the pictures taken of him as a little kid, too, so I guess you could say he's never grown up!

aaascr Apprentice

I was just taking a head count... not quite 40 of you in here...False advertising if you ask me.

Okay add one more to your list Richard...

(I know you're still here).

I'm 48, but don't act it -

can't wear nail polish, do

my own hair (to cover up

the white-morticia streaks)

and play soccer a lot therefore

don't watch a lot of movies. I

kinda stopped reading somewhere

around the movie thing, but had

to reply to the head count issue.

B)

There are more of us than you think!

TriticusToxicum Explorer
I was just taking a head count... not quite 40 of you in here...False advertising if you ask me.

Okay add one more to your list Richard...

(I know you're still here).

I'm 48, but don't act it -

can't wear nail polish, do

my own hair (to cover up

the white-morticia streaks)

and play soccer a lot therefore

don't watch a lot of movies. I

kinda stopped reading somewhere

around the movie thing, but had

to reply to the head count issue.

B)

There are more of us than you think!

(looks around, counts 1-2...)

Only 2 of us here, 1 of us is not of the female persuasion...

I'm outta here! :P

CarlaB Enthusiast
I'm outta here! :P

Yea, but you'll be back!!

AndreaB Contributor
The Rach I am referring to in the avatar is a beautiful young girl who passed away this weekend from cancer and her mother requested that her friends wear purple today since it was her favorite color, so we are all wearing it to celebrate her life. :)

I haven't been over to DS much, but I've seen her picture. She was very young wasn't she. I didn't realize she had passed away or was that sick. :(

Ursa Major Collaborator

Susan, do you have a web cam? Or, do you have a normal camera and a scanner? You could take a picture of yourself......Susie (my 14-year-old) does it all the time, just holds the camera out with one arm.......don't know how she manages, but takes nice pics of herself that way (you know, narcissistic teenagers :rolleyes: ).

A few years ago I had my hair cut, hated it because I thought it was way too short. Now I look at the pics from then, and think it was beautiful, and always cut it that length now! So, in reality it might be perfect, and you're not used to it. Let us be the judge!

Jestgar Rising Star

Lurking

Count me too

AndreaB Contributor

Floridian,

You're new picture is great! :)

Robbin,

It's good to see you over here! :P

dlp252 Apprentice
Love everyone's pics... very neat!

Speaking of loving pics...loving yours!!! :P

CarlaB Enthusiast
Hi you forty women and one guy... :o:lol: ...poor Richard keeps getting kicked out... :o I do love all those crazy inventions... :lol:

Having an okay day... have an ice pack on my head... :o:lol::ph34r:

Hope you are all in good spirits... think of you guys all the time!

This is for everyone... free hugs!

Great video .... I almost turned it off before he got a hug ... that would have been a BIG mistake!

AndreaB Contributor

Celia,

That was a good video.

Rachel,

If you come over here......A BIG CYBER HUG for you. :)

Ursa Major Collaborator
Hi you forty women and one guy... :o:lol: ...poor Richard keeps getting kicked out... :o I do love all those crazy inventions... :lol:

Having an okay day... have an ice pack on my head... :o:lol::ph34r:

Hope you are all in good spirits... think of you guys all the time!

This is for everyone... free hugs!

It's two guys, jestgar is a guy, too!

Loved the video, brought tears to my eyes.

Jestgar Rising Star

Nope, all girl. I just grew up with 5 brothers so I don't communicate like a girl.

(I have heard this before)

CarlaB Enthusiast
It's two guys, jestgar is a guy, too!

Nope, all girl. I just grew up with 5 brothers so I don't communicate like a girl.

(I have heard this before)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Jestgar, I always knew you were a girl! :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast

hey everybody....I hate my hair :angry: SO NO, no picture, not yet....will take a couple of months to grow some length - - am feeling hideous - - thought it was good yesterday, but it was just all fluffy and weird from her extremely arduous blow-dry - - might have to throw some toner on it to tone down the highlights in one area.....how taxing - - - may call this crazy girl who did it and charged me an ARM and a LEG - -

I took some photos on my camera phone - deleted all - will not post them! I don't care how mad you guys get - - - :P Ursula I don't have a scanner- - if I did, I would scan only the gorgeous photos! :P

Richard - you're SO in touch with your feminine side!! Went to the gynecologist (this should scare our one lurking male) :lol: and she is putting me on the pill, holy cow (has not been a good experience for me in the past - cried every day) and TOTALLY OFF sugar (what???? :o:o:o how will I survive?) off caffeine, onto B6 supplements.....testing thyroid, hormones, other stuff. we'll see what happens....thinks I am NOT in MENopause or peri-MENopause in any way - - that was good news.......I am just tired of being SO tired and so.....blah....I miss my fun and extremely goofy self.....

Donna - OMG I had a chocolate Bumble Bar today...quite good but I think I like the original flavor better...have all the ingredients now and am going to try and make my own... :D

see you guys - - Cecile - it's our big night again, rolls around once a week - that's right, Gray's Anatomy - -

Hi Jestgar and Alicia! welcome....

Archived