This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Could This Be Celiac

jane p

jane p Newbie

Hi,

I am new here and will try and make a long story short. For two years I've had motion sickness type feeling much of the time, continuous ringing in my ears, and my skin burns like someone poured hot water over it. This flares up every few weeks and I usually feel a mild burning.

Have had multiple normal tests-mri brain and spine, chemistry and hematoloty normal (wbc a little low)

He did a gliadin Igg which was 28 and says High next to it (can't find out what normal is) and IgA which was normal (9). my b12 was normal low at 311.

He said everything looked fine. I frequently get nauseated, and have bouts of constipation and diarrhea (sorry to be graphic :)

Should I go further with celiac diagnosis. He said since my gliadin IgA was normal it couldn't be that.

Thanks for any input.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

Welcome!

I'm not sure. I was diagnosed by Enterolab, it's another method that I used because I was already gluten-free. I think there are people around here diagnosed because their IgG was high ... I know that's not much help, but I just wanted to welcome you!!

GFBetsy Rookie

Actually, the gliadin tests are the least sensitive of all of the celiac tests. (Only 54% sensitive, according to one of my husband's lab magazines (he's a medical technologist).) So you could have it, even though that test was negative. In fact, the most sensitive of the celiac tests is only 86% sensitive, so even if ALL your tests came back negative, you could still have it.

rinne Apprentice

Have you ever tried a gluten free diet?

Ursa Major Collaborator

I agree with rinne, why don't you try the gluten-free diet to see if it makes you feel better? The diet challenge is a valid diagnostic tool, too. Your symptoms could be caused by celiac disease, and the gluten-free diet is a healthy diet and can't hurt you.

Archived