This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Snacks

linds

linds Apprentice

Hey,

well ok i am a huge snacker. i have never been one for eating huge meals i tend to eat all day or at least did. now i am having troubles with what to snack on. i just started a gluten free diet but feel like i can only snack on so many fruits and vegetables in a day before i need something else. does anyone have any ideas on good tasting gluten free snack foods? besides potato chips since i know most of those are gluten free.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

I just complete my snacks into mini-meals - veggies have hummus, apples have peanut butter, tortilla chips have chunky salsa w/ beans. Small amounts of other types of things work well too - asian chicken salad, bean salad, chicken soup, etc.

Guest melannen

I'm not much of a snacker but I really like:

nuts

dried fruit

chips/nachos with salsa

celery/apples with peanut butter

yogurt with fresh fruit and nuts

and chocolate is always good :P;)

tracey* Rookie

Can you whip up a batch of gluten free cupcakes? I like making mini ones, and sticking them in the fridge so they last all week :)

Nantzie Collaborator

I'm a total snacker and junk-fooder.

Easy Cheese (the spray stuff) on Ener-G Wheat-Free Crackers or celery. FYI, the bacon Easy Cheese has gluten.

PB on Celery or apples

Cream cheese on celery or gluten-free crackers

Cool Ranch Doritos

Cheetos

Reese's PB cups, M&Ms (most of them, not the crispy for sure), Butterfingers, Snickers.

Homemade french fries - just cut them up and bake them. Or even microwave them.

Hope that helps.

Nancy

Kody Rookie
I'm a total snacker and junk-fooder.

Easy Cheese (the spray stuff) on Ener-G Wheat-Free Crackers or celery. FYI, the bacon Easy Cheese has gluten.

PB on Celery or apples

Cream cheese on celery or gluten-free crackers

Cool Ranch Doritos

Cheetos

Reese's PB cups, M&Ms (most of them, not the crispy for sure), Butterfingers, Snickers.

Homemade french fries - just cut them up and bake them. Or even microwave them.

Hope that helps.

Nancy

I didn't know we can eat Cool Ranch Doritos! :D And where do you get wheat-free crackers from?

Saz Explorer

Hey.

Cheetos In Australia are not gluten free and neither are m&ms.

Chesse celerey and rice crackers make a good snack or try Popcorn

It is proably more of a lucnh thing but I like this as a snack.

Put some chesse, ham, tomato or whatever you like on some bread and put in the oven kinda like an open grill. I think the doing it the oven makes the bread taste better than grilling it.

You could also try making little bite size quiches.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
SarahTorg Apprentice

nuts/seeds

raisins

hard boiled eggs

homemade pancakes/flat bread with peanut butter or other nut butters

Rice cake with peanut butter and marshmellow cream.

Veggies and dip

tortilla chips with mashed beans

bean and cheese quesadillas

home made cookies (try some flourless peanut butter ones!)

string cheese

yogurt

cottage cheese

I really like to nuke or steam a whole yam, or a few. Put them in the fridge to cool, and then slice them in circles. They become nice and sweet after being refridgerated in their skins.

Cream of rice cereal cooked with Vanilla rice milk is a nice quick snack too.

I like to make mini meatballs with ground turkey and eat those too.

Oh, and rice pudding, chocolate pudding..

wow, I eat a lot of dairy. haha

Sarah

amber-rose Contributor

Ener-G (sp?) gluten-free pretzels. They're really good w/ an apple.

Nantzie Collaborator
I didn't know we can eat Cool Ranch Doritos! :D And where do you get wheat-free crackers from?

Sorry Cody. I didn't see this originally. I know there are other flavors of Doritos that are gluten-free (not the classic Nacho unfortunately...) I'm not sure what the other ones are. I'm a Cool Ranch girl, myself.

I buy the Ener-G Wheat Free Crackers, which are also gluten-free. They remind me a LOT of Carr's Water Crackers. They don't crumble. They hold together really well. My kids both even like them. Can't keep them out of the EZ Cheeze and Ener-G Crackers. My 2yo even eats them plain.

Nancy

Gamecreature Rookie

Can't go wrong with fresh fruits and vegetables (apples, carrots, etc.) Add some protein in the form of cheese or peanut butter and you'll be set.

Archived