Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am completely craving a good bagel! That is probably the one thing I miss the most and have not been able to find a substitute for. Any suggestions???? Please help!

IMHO Glutino makes the most "normal" bagels (size/flavor/texture wise). I've tried theri Cinn/Raisin and plain. Both are really good! :)

Enjoy Life bagels taste ok, but they are tiny and odd shaped, like little mutant bagel thingys :o

Richard

"Not all who wander are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

Risus remedium optimum est

The only "fagels" I've tried so far are the Kinnickinick (sp) and they aren't bad...just have to make sure you toast them well. I get mine at whole foods.

dx by blood test and biopsy April 2006.

gluten free since, and avoiding dairy.

All of the Kinnikinnick breads/bagels/etc. taste much better if you keep them frozen and thaw in the microwave right before toasting. The plain and cinnamon raisin bagels are good, we haven't tried the sesame.

~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

Do you live in NY (metro area)? There is a bakery in East Meadow, Long Island that carries bagels made by a woman named Joan. They are incredible. They are frozen and you have to bake them off to as of now I know she doesn't have a way to ship them, but if you live anywhere remotely in the area it's worth the trip. I live about an hour and a half away and make the trip for them.

If you don't live in the NY area, before I found these I used to buy the Glutino bagels and liked those.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

I am completely craving a good bagel! That is probably the one thing I miss the most and have not been able to find a substitute for. Any suggestions???? Please help!

I use the Glutino brand as well, best bread and bagels I've tried so far. Toast them though, that is a must.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! I am going to run to my whole foods today and get the Kinninnick Bagels and place an order on glutino.com and do a taste test myself! Hopefully they are both good :) Thanks again!

I have a great recipe for bagels!! I am at work.. so I will send it later.. they are really good, I am going to try and use the dough to make a pizza crust tonight.. mmmmm

The last batch I made I added fresh rosemary out of my garden... YUM!!