This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anyone Ever Had Amy's Gluten/dairy Free Pizza?

danikali

danikali Enthusiast

Hi,

I reccently bought Amy's gfdf pizza. (It has soy cheese). Well, I haven't had soy in a long time, but I'm thinking of trying it. I am just getting over a really bad glutening (havne't had one since the early summer before this) so I'm kinda fasting on juice, water, applesauce and rice now. But when I'm back to feeling like myself, I want to try the pizza to treat myself. I was just wondering what you all thought of it. Was it good? How is soy cheese? Have any of you gotten really sick from it? (like cross contamination from gluten kinda sick?). I really want to try it when my appetite is back and my body is healthy again, but after being so sick again, I'm a little apprehensive.

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

linz7997 Explorer

i had it and liked it...BUT i had to doctor it up w/ some meat and more cheese and had to cook it right on the rack to make the crust crispy, otherwise its a little too cakey for my taste. its really not the best pizza (i miss papa johns) but it'll do!!! :)

danikali Enthusiast
i had it and liked it...BUT i had to doctor it up w/ some meat and more cheese and had to cook it right on the rack to make the crust crispy, otherwise its a little too cakey for my taste. its really not the best pizza (i miss papa johns) but it'll do!!! :)

haha thanks. Thanks for the tips on making it a little better. Can you eat real cheese? Or you added more soy cheese on it? Does soy cheese taste like regular cheese? I haven't tried it yet, but I'm excited because cheese used to by my favorite food, especially the mozeralla kind on pizzas. I'm from Chicago and Giordano's deep dish was my favorite. Talk about cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MMMMMMMmmmmm

DingoGirl Enthusiast

I had this at the Celiac Conference at STanford a few weeks ago. I thought it was pretty good actually, and was the first pizza or pizza-ish thing I've had since going gluten-free in January. I didn't have any reaction at all - and ate SO many gluten-free snacks and treats that day! it was heaven....

Soy cheese is really.....interesting. I was off dairy for a while and used this - got it at Whole Foods - don't remember the brand, but was baking my Mochi (rice thing) and then cutting up the "cheese" and putting them in the Mochi squares. Not too bad. It's a fairly decent facscimile for real cheese - not close, but I guess acceptable - and of course doesn't melt the same..... :(

linz7997 Explorer

luckily i can eat real cheese so i dont know about the soy cheese...but on the soy topic...i just tried low fat chocolate silk....oh my gosh!!! its sooooooooooooooooooooo good!! expensive but wow, it may be worth it!

tiffjake Enthusiast

I really didn't like it, but I have talked to other people who enjoyed it. I thought the "crust" was too crunchy/grainy tasting. Oh well, I am not a huge pizza fan, so I can do without....

Archived