This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gross Bowel Stuff

AmandaD

BRUMI1968 Collaborator

I've started eating tea lattes. this is rice/almond/hazelenut (best) milk, a pinch of nutmet and cinimon (sp?), a bag of black tea broken up into the pan (or loose tea, if you have it), and heated up, stirring a lot so the tea steeps. Then you strain it through a tea strainer, and enjoy.

It tastes yummy, is something creamy which i appreciate since I don't do dairy, and it has probably 250 calories per drink.

Ever since I started doing two of those a day, my weight stopped dropping.

I also eat a lot of nuts an nut butter. But it's tough if you're eating mostly veggies. If you're eating starchy stuff and still losing weight like that, you should find out why. I think the only reason my weight kept going down was I was eating almost entirely vegetables, and yummy and good for you as they are, they don't have a lot of calories.

good luck.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MistressIsis Apprentice
I just wish I could get to anything other then the "right now" very watery kind. Floaters not sinkers! (not to be gross) I haven't had anything solid for years. At one time I could tell exactly what I ate because it was right there (just about whole in the toilet). I think I even made my cats hold their noses while escaping into another room! I am new here but have quit eating pretty close to everything. My weight keeps dropping 5'2" 95 lbs at 49 yrs of age-and going through the change (without taking anything). It is sad to go in the childrens section to find clothes. I don't really like the "Bratz or Disney Princess" on my jeans. Any suggestions?

I'm 5'2" and about 105lbs...I find Juniors Depts fit me better. Sometimes hard to find pants or jeans that aren't super super low but a longer shirt hides that part. If you have no butt get the J.Lo jeans, they give you a booty if you have none

wildkat Rookie
I'm 5'2" and about 105lbs...I find Juniors Depts fit me better. Sometimes hard to find pants or jeans that aren't super super low but a longer shirt hides that part. If you have no butt get the J.Lo jeans, they give you a booty if you have none

Thank you, I will try that.

You know, your previous problems sound just like mine. Did your Dr.'s try to convince you that you were anorexic and that your only problem was that you just needed to eat? All of the ones I have gone to keep saying that.

almostnrn Explorer
My co-workers think I've lost it (sitting at my desk giggling) this thread has been way too amusing--better than crying eh? While on the topic of gross bowel stuff--may I introduce...gas? Prior to this whole celiac thing, I very rarely had gas--no one in my family had ever heard me ah, well...fart. But now, I could most definitely impress the male members of my family if I decided to share this with them. Who else has this really unladylike problem? Any remedy for gas pains? The crap we deal with or what :)

All I can say is I have shuffled my poor husband out of bed on several occasions looking for air freshner. I feel so bad and I think its so gross but all I can do is lay there and laugh and proclaim that its not my fault because I'm sick.

waywardsister Newbie

I have to side with the paleo guy here! I'm Gluten-free Casein-free, but also low-carb and I eat mainly meats/eggs and some veg/fruits/nuts. My poop is awesome (no C, no D), and seriously doesn't smell. I also have zero gas. My skin's never looked better too.

I suspect my BF as well - he has chronic D between 4-6 times a day and the worst gas on record. I try so hard not to nag about it, but it's hard not to when he comes over and the first thing he does is take a huge, smelly crap. :blink:

sspitzer5 Apprentice
Celiac should be called Confusing Poop Syndrome...or something more appropo...

Appropo or appro-"poo"?

So, while we're on this topic, has anyone had solid poos that are super long, but not the thin ones? They look pretty "normal" to me, but there's just more of it than there ever has been. What's up with that? One doc says it's a good thing and the other said it could be malabsorbtion.

S

KrisT Explorer
Appropo or appro-"poo"?

So, while we're on this topic, has anyone had solid poos that are super long, but not the thin ones? They look pretty "normal" to me, but there's just more of it than there ever has been. What's up with that? One doc says it's a good thing and the other said it could be malabsorbtion.

S

Yes I have and its "normal". Remember that MOST humans end up having some sort of bowel blockage in their lifetime. Autopsies often show that we do not digest properly and end up with massive amounts of waste lingering blocked in our intestines. You want to be eliminating large amounts everyday so that your system is detoxing properly. What I wouldn't give t have those kind once a day every day at the same time of the day. Life would feel so much less complicated!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

SarahTorg Apprentice

Well, as much as crap talk is embarrassing, I like the thread too.

I've wanted to ask poo questions too.

Before going gluten free, I would poo, sometimes it would seem normal, and then more would still come out.. And its like I can't even get it all out. I'd feel like I'd need to stick something up there to get the parts that are not coming out all the way. After 20 minutes of waiting, and no such luck of it coming out, I'd attempt to wipe.

this is where I'm embarrassed.

I could never for the life of me get a nice clean swipe if you know what I mean. I'd eventually end up in the shower trying to get my butt clean. then hours later, I feel itchy, like some of it that was trying to come out, is making its way out. I'll make my way into the bathroom, to use a wet cloth down there, and I have a tiny bit of poo when I swore I cleaned myself so good with toilet paper and a shower.

then I'd end up with what felt like hemroids. :-(

Itching, burning, irritation.

So, if I was out and about I'd always try NOT to poop for fear that I wouldn't have a good place to take a quick shower. Sometimes it still happens to me, but I'm going longer and longer without it happening.

Oh, and I've never even asked my dr about this, because I was too embarrassed. So, there you have it. My worst, and most embarrassing secret EVER, out and exposed on the internet for all to view.

I guess I'm becoming less embarrassed, scince I know what causes my problems. :-)

powderprincess Rookie
Yes, guys, it comes out really skinny sometimes - and then it totally stumps me and I'm like wait - I just had a big poop and now I'm pooping a worm. I'm thinking sometimes it follows after I've had too much dairy or like too much coffee or tea...

I give up with my butt!

I never ever have dairy and I poop worms sometimes, too!

::best thread ever::

• 4 weeks later...
haphenomenon Newbie

Once I asked my mom if I could look at her poo becuase I wanted to know what "normal" meant. My father who is also celiac when going gluten free said "wow, I guess I've never had normal solid stools my whole life!"

Even after being gluten-free for 4 years I still have a spectrum of poo....

I wish it were normalized but when its a good one, yes I'm so proud.

I think I agree about fiber. I think its the most difficult for me to digest, and when I havent been careful and eaten dairy, caffeine, or lots of soy the fiber is the first thing that is hanging out undigested.

By the way, does it seem like to others that sometimes things come out the same way they went in?

And yes they are very skinny sometimes.

Why is that? :ph34r::unsure::P

BRUMI1968 Collaborator

The best thing about my new poop is that it no longer seems to have so much bile in it. The color is different entirely - more reddish, but I think not in a bad way. If it were fresh blood, it would look bloody, if it were stale blood, it would look black, right? Plus, it's not blood red anyway, just less yellowish/brown more reddish/brown.

I've gotten my poops so stable now (for past two to three weeks) that it's crazy. Practically no matter what I do, it comes out the same.

I am itchy again, so I don't know what that's all about...but that has nothing to do with poop, so that'll be another post.

anerissara Enthusiast

I am so jealous of you guys with solid poos ;)

Whew, never though I'd say *that* in a public forum!

Seriously though, my digestive system is still really messed up even after 2 years gluten-free. I was talking to my hubby the other night about it, since going off the gluten I have been at least 75% less miserable, but I still have D pretty much every day. Sigh. At least it's only 1 or 2x per day and not 4, 5 or more which it used to be...and the gas is not a problem like it used to be either. I just wish I could figure out what the heck else is going on that I'm not back to 100% yet...I guess I've pretty much had D since I was 16, which is a little over half a lifetime ago for me so maybe it's going to take more than 2 years go recover, I don't know. A few times I was really excited because my poo was *almost* normal....

LOL about this thread, I love it that there's a place where this sort of thing is discussed!

Rebecca47 Contributor

ok thats not to yukkie. Anything is better than what it looked liked before i was diagnosed. i thought I was peeing from the wrong place, exploding and not making it to potty. Now its either constipation and black from iron pills or it black and not so bad just stinky. I haven't figured out why it gets so stinky. anyway i hope you feel better and have a good turkey day everyone who reads this :D

rebecca

BamBam Community Regular

Some of our bowel problems I think are from introducing all of these new gluten fre flours and ingredients to our bodies. I know I get bloated and gassy whenever I over do it on gluten free mixes/pachaged things. I feel so much better when I eat meat, veggies and fruit. Very rarely do I get any gas when I stay with naturally gluten free things. Some people say that xanthum gum can cause alot of intestinal discomfort, and that is in a lot of our gluten free mixes/packaged items.

My husbands poops used to scare me to death, and stink! YUCK! He has gone gluten free with me, it's just to two of us, and I don't cook two separate meals, and now he is almost normal. He stays away from all gluten now also. He feels 100% better.

BamBam

Archived