Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ArtGirl

Kc Masterpiece Restaurant - In Kansas City Area

Yesterday I had take out from KC Masterpiece Restaurant - in Overland Park, Kansas (on the Kansas side of the Kansas City, Mo. area). I would have reacted by now (noon the next day) so I am confident that I did not get glutened (or corned) from the meal.

I called ahead and talked to the kitchen manager about what would be safe and decided to have plain sliced smoked brisket, plain baked potato and steamed broccoli. They put a rub on the brisket before cooking but don't baste with any sauce. - I did not react to the meat rub (I didn't ask what is in it - probably should have but took the risk anyway). They wrap their potatoes in foil before baking so I asked that they not cut the top of the potato, and asked that they put no seasoning or butter or anything on the broccoli.

The woman who took my order was very nice and seemed to understand the precautions I needed to take. It went very well and I am so glad to have someplace I feel safe eating at where I don't have to ask them to clean a grill, etc. before I can eat their meat.

If I were eating in the restaurant rather than doing takeout, I would have ordered the same way and brought my own margarine and sea salt* for the potato. Since this time I was bringing the meal home, I added some sauteed onions.

I'm also corn-intolerant and since I've had no reaction to the meal I feel certain there's no corn derivatives in the meat rub. (The bottled sauce does have corn syrup so it is a no-no for me).

*idonized table salt contains corn derivatives so I only use sea salt (or Kosher salt)

Valda

Enterolab results: ...two genes for gluten intolerance ...casein intolerance

other sensitivities: corn, eggs, soy, potato, tapioca

Hypoglycemic

Sensitivity to high EMFs [electromagnetic frequency] (limits my time in front of the computer)

Living a healthier, happier life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.Psalm 139: 9,10

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I ate there about 6 months ago and also had a good experience. The staff seemed interested in my needs.

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"