Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ptkds

Grinder On Kithen Aid Mixer?

I was just wondering if anyone has used the grinder attachment on a Kitchen Aid stand mixer to make flour?

I was thinking about getting a KA Pro mixer to make bread, and that is already expensive. So if I can get away with just getting a grinder attachment instead of a seperate grinder, I would be happy.

So if anyone has experience with this, please let me know if it works.

Thanks!

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I used to own a KA mixer and wasn't thrilled with it. When I looked for a new mixer I did a lot of research since at the time I was making 6-10 loaves of bread a week. What I ended up buying is the The Magic Mill DLX Assistent and I love it. The thing I like the most is that the bowl, not the beaters are motor driven, so it doesn't stress the motor as much. I also like that the motor housing/base is all metal. I know that they have a number of attachments, including a grain grinder. If it is made as well as the rest of the mixer-it is a great product. I have had my mixer for almost ten years now, use it almost daily and it works as well as the day I bought it.

Good luck!

-Cathy

I used to use the meat grinder a lot when I cooked for more than one person. It did get a crack in it, but it's on its second mixer and probably 30 years old, and the crack doesn't seem to affect it, so I can't complain. I don't like that wooden dowel you're supposed to cram the meat down the chute with though. It's not sanitary...maybe they've replaced it with plastic?

Nothing