Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I wrote to Campbell's and they sent me a copy of their gluten-free list...a little sparse when compared to their extensive product list. But definately good news for anyone who likes V8 (not me)!

Chunky soup

Chicken Broccoli Cheese 18 oz.

Select Soup

Savory Lentil 19 oz.

Prego Pasta Sauce

Traditional Sauce all sizes

Three Cheese Sauce 26 oz.

Mushroom 4lb 3oz

Organic Sauce All

Swanson Broth

Lower Sodium Beef Broth 14 oz.

RTS Beef Broth 14.5 oz.

RTS Chicken Broth 14.5 oz.

Natural Goodness Chix Broth all sizes

Vegetable broth 14 oz.

Organic Broths all

Swanson Canned Poultry

Premium Chunk chix breast in water all sizes

Premium white and dark chunk chix all sizes

mixin' chicken 5 oz.

All Campbell's Tomato Juice is gluten-free

All V8 Vegetable juice is gluten-free

All V8 Fusion Blends are gluten-free

All V8 Splash Juice blends are gluten-free

All Diet V8 Splash Juice Blends are gluten-free

V8 Splash Smoothies

Orange Creme all sizes

Peach Mango all sizes

Strawberry Banana all sizes

All Pace Red Sauces

Enchilada sauces

Picante Sauces

Thick and Chunky salsas

Organic Picante (mild and medium)

However, as with most companies they use the disclaimer that I should always check the labels to be sure. I am going to write them back and ask what it is I should be checking for. Will the label clearly state wheat? Has anyone ever asked a company this before?

Campbell's sucks! :P

-Courtney

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

However, as with most companies they use the disclaimer that I should always check the labels to be sure. I am going to write them back and ask what it is I should be checking for. Will the label clearly state wheat? Has anyone ever asked a company this before?

Campbell's will clearly label all gluten sources in their ingredients. Look for one of these words: wheat, rye, oats or barley. If none of those words appear, then there is no gluten in the product.

The advice is good advice because product formulas can change: the list may be out of date but the product label will always be correct. When a company has such a policy, as many do, you don't need a list, you just read the label! This is good, not bad.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Turtle, I guess this once again settles our Swanson debate!

Psawyer - I was just wondering if Campbells was one of the companies that 'hides' its gluten. Words like natural flavorings and spices really worry me! I wasn't aware that they labeled so clearly - good to know!

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

Is "RTS" ready to serve? I have the chicken broth in the cardboard ready to pour package. I listed the ingredients in another post and I believe I was told it wasn't safe. But if the ingredients are supposed to clearly say "wheat , rye, oats, or barley" - then this product would be fine. :blink:

Mother to Whit (celiac and food allergies diagosed 11/04, gluten-free ever since), Addie (gluten intolerant - gluten-free since 1/06) and wife to Tim (celiac and gluten-free since 1/06)

Gluten free/Peanut/Nut free house!

Thanks Cluecke! Perfect timing, I'm just about to start making my grocery list. Glad to see all three organic Swansons broth on there, I wonder why they only label the beef gluten-free? :huh: Maybe they're in the process of changing their packaging.

Thanks Cluecke! Perfect timing, I'm just about to start making my grocery list. Glad to see all three organic Swansons broth on there, I wonder why they only label the beef gluten-free? :huh: Maybe they're in the process of changing their packaging.

I'd assume they are changing the labelling at some point. At least a the grocery stores around here, Cambell's sounds still do not have the new labeling showing wheat and other allergens. They must have had a ton of labels stocked up...

"If I start fighting a war... I guarantee you'll see something new" - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

I just called about Campbells, Ready To Serve, Low Sodium, Chicken Broth Soup. Ingredients: Chicken Broth, Chicken Fat, Dextrose, Yeast Extract, Flavoring.

They offered to mail me the gluten-free list and couldn't tell me what was the gluten, but should use the list, not the label although they couldnt tell me how recent the list was either.